The American Airlines Flagship Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth airport opened on May 16th, 2019. The latest addition to American’s growing Flagship Lounge network welcomes oneworld long-haul premium passengers and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald members.
American Airlines Flagship Lounge DFW design
Located in Terminal D, the Flagship Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth airport has a familiar flair. The design favors consistency to a fault: at a first glance, guests would be hard pressed to distinguish the space from American’s other Flagship Lounge locations.
The decor features Earth tones and an overall muted palette, with splashes of bright and vivid colors. It’s modern, convivial, but ruthlessly functional—and despite its relatively generous dimensions, the lounge is bound to be packed at peak times.
Seating options include high-backed seats for enhanced privacy, communal work tables, dining tables, and booths. Most seats are outfitted with power and USB outlets. There’s also five recliners in a nook, though the concept feels poorly executed: the designers did not make any attempt at providing additional privacy or dimmer lighting.
American Airlines Flagship Lounge DFW amenities
The highlight of the American Airlines Flagship Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth airport is the impressive buffet spread with a generous assortment of appetizers, salads, hot entrees, and desserts; all freshly-made on location.
The bar is all self-serve, with an expansive array of wines, Champagnes, liqueurs, and spirits, and all necessary accoutrements to mix the perfect cocktail. Non-alcoholic beverages include espresso, juices, and soft drinks. A Coca-Cola Freestyle machine dispenses hundreds of creative concoctions.
The shower suites are outfitted with a walk-in rain shower, a sink, and a toilet, and stocked with CO Bigelow bath amenities.
Within the Flagship Lounge is Flagship First Dining, a section exclusively for American Airlines’ international First Class customers and domestic First Class passengers traveling on three-cabin aircraft. ConciergeKey members are also welcome on a limited basis, upon presentation of an invitation.
Behind the frosted door is an elegant and serene space with a complimentary full-service restaurant and a staffed bar. In the morning, American Airlines offers a full hot breakfast selection along with fresh squeezed juices and espresso. Throughout the day, visitors enjoy a complimentary three-course meals, along with an expanded wine and cocktail selection. Dishes are crafted from locally-sourced ingredients, and menus rotate seasonally.
American Airlines Flagship Lounge DFW bottom line
The American Airlines Flagship Lounge at Dallas-Ft. Worth airport offers Business Class and elite customers an elevated dining experience and world-class amenities, though the lounge is bound to be busy. The few eligible First Class customers will find a much more exclusive environment in the elegant confines of the Flagship First Dining area.
For more information, see our blog post: FIRST LOOK: American Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining DFW
Flagship Lounge menu
The complimentary Flagship Lounge buffet is available to all guests.
- Cheese board
- House-made pickled vegetables
- Mediterranean board
- Shrimp cocktail shooters
- Chilled crab
- Chilled roasted tenderloin
- Pickled cumin-carrot salad
- Fricassee of chicken
- Pan seared salmon
- Assorted pastries
Flagship First Dining menu
The complimentary Flagship First Dining full-service restaurant is exclusively for First Class guests flying on three-cabin aircraft.
- Seasonal Fruits: our Chef’s selection of fruits and berries, vanilla almond milk, mint
- Lump Crab & Avocado Salad: fresh avocado, tomatoes, Gulf crab meat, onion, cilantro, lemon, extra virgin olive oil
- Açai Bowl: overnight almond milk oats, banana, apple juice, agave, fresh berries, flax and chia seeds
- Fresh Local Pastries: assorted muffins, danish, scones, butter, jams
- Steak, Eggs, Frites: toasted brioche, short ribs, crispy potatoes strings, poached egg,
merlot hollandaise, served with roasted red potatoes
- Coconut Caramel Apple Waffles: coconut caramel apples, pecans, toasted coconut
- Texas Sunrise: caramelized onion, Benton’s bacon, roasted pepper and scallion hash bowl with sunny side eggs and grilled Texas toast
- Vanilla Custard French Toast: vanilla custard soaked Texas toast, lemon zest,
agave-whipped butter, spiced warm maple syrup
- Free Range Eggs prepared to your liking, served with roasted red potatoes
- Create Your Own Omelet: rainbow peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon,
sausage and cheddar cheese, served with roasted red potatoes
- Fresh squeezed juices
- Chile Verde: slow-braised all natural pork shoulder, hominy, green chile, tomatillo broth, queso fresco
- Crisp Gulf Oysters: tempura battered Gulf oysters served on the half shell, Gochujang cream, scallion curls
- Okonomiyaki: red and white cabbage slaw, bonito flake on a Japanese pancake
- Pork Belly Bao: cucumber pickles, scallions, hoisin barbeque sauce
- Tomato & Fig Salad Vegan: heirloom tomatoes, baby arugula, fresh grilled fig, candied pecans, balsamic reduction
- Patterson Filet Mignon, grass-fed filet of beef, potato pancake, mixed mushrooms, glazed root vegetables
- Roasted Airline Chicken Breast, sautéed baby leaf spinach, parmesan risotto, gorgonzola crumbles, chicken jus
- Texas Beef Brisket Platter: double-smoked brisket with Shiner Bock BBQ sauce, Veldhuizen mac n’ cheese, house-made pickle slaw
- Roasted Redfish on the Halfshell: roasted Gulf redfish, prosciutto, herbed fingerling potatoes, fava beans, grape tomato, chardonnay lemon butter sauce
- Jade Noodles: asparagus, broccolini, spinach, edamame, soba noodles, yuzu dressing
- Signature Flagship Burger: grass-fed beef sirloin burger, red onion bacon marmalade,
aged cheddar, arugula, beefsteak tomatoes. Plant-based IMPOSSIBLEtm Burger available upon request
- Texas Pecan Pie: flaky pâté sucrée crust, brown sugared pecan filling, vanilla bean ice cream
- Double Chocolate Cake: bittersweet chocolate cake, salted caramel crème fraiche, berries, peanut brittle
- Signature Flagship Sundae: vanilla bean ice cream, warm salted brownie, dark chocolate sauce, whipped cream, pecans, topped with a brandied cherry
- Artisanal Cheese Plate: daily selection of locally sourced soft, semi-soft and firm cheeses
After Dinner Drinks
- Specialty coffee by la colombe coffee roasters
- Handcrafted artisanal teas by tealeaves
- Hennessy VSOP
- Grand Marnier
- Quinta do Noval 10 yr Tawny Port
You may have access to American Airlines Flagship Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
American Airlines (AA) British Airways (BA) Cathay Dragon (KA) Cathay Pacific (CX) Finnair (AY) Iberia (IB) Japan Airlines (JL) LATAM Airlines Brasil (JJ) LATAM Airlines Chile (LA) Malaysia Airlines (MH) Qantas (QF) Qatar Airways (QR) Royal Jordanian (RJ) S7 Airlines (S7) SriLankan (UL)
American Airlines Flagship Lounge at Dallas, TX - Dallas/Ft. Worth International (DFW) welcomes:
- American Airlines First Class passengers departing on an international flight from this airport, or another airport on a same-day itinerary (+1 guest)
- American Airlines First Class passengers departing on a three-class nonstop transcontinental flight from this airport, or another airport on a same-day itinerary (no guests)
- American Airlines Business Class passengers departing on an international flight from this airport, or another airport on a same-day itinerary (no guests)
- American Airlines Business Class passengers departing on a three-class nonstop transcontinental flight from this airport, or another airport on a same-day itinerary (no guests)
- American Airlines ConciergeKey passengers departing on an same-day flight operated by American Airlines or a oneworld airline (+2 guests)
- American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum customers departing on or connecting to an international flight, operated by American Airlines or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum Pro customers departing on or connecting to an international flight, operated by American Airlines or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum customers departing on or connecting to an international flight, operated by American Airlines or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld First Class passengers departing on or connecting to an international flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld Business Class passengers departing on or connecting to an international flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members (except for passengers whose status was issued by American Airlines) departing on or connecting to any flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld Sapphire members (except for passengers whose status was issued by American Airlines) departing on or connecting to any flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- The Flagship First Dining area is only available for American Airlines First Class passengers traveling on international and transcontinental flights.
- Guests must be departing on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
- For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from the benefit of lounge access.
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.