- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
While American Express has long operated a network of international airport lounges under various names such as Centurion Club or American Express Lounge, the Hong Kong club is the first global location to match the standards of the wildly acclaimed Centurion Lounges in the US, which have been credited for reshaping the lounge market at many airports.
Located in Terminal 1 in the vicinity of gates 40-60, close to the United Club and Plaza Premium Lounge West Hall, the Centurion Lounge occupies the 8,000 square foot footprint of the former Virgin Clubhouse.
The lounge was designed by interior design firm Legend Interiors, and will be run by global operator Plaza Premium. The design features a living wall, elegant hardwood floors, high-end finishes, and luxurious designer furniture.
Amenities include a hot buffet created by Executive Chef Lau Yiu Fai from Michelin two-star restaurant Yan Toh Heen at the Intercontinental Hong Kong, a complimentary full bar curated by mixologist Jim Meehan of New York City, a shower suite with L’Occitane amenities, phone rooms, a conference room, and conveniences such as power outlets at every seat, large work desks, and fast Wi-Fi.
There is also a dedicated area for Centurion Card holders with a private service desk.
For more information, see our blog post.
American Express The Centurion Lounge at Hong Kong SAR - Chek Lap Kok International (HKG) welcomes:
- American Express Centurion® Card holders (+2 guests or immediate family)
- American Express Platinum Card® holders within 3 hours of departure of their first flight, and at any connection points (no access at final destination.) (See notes below for guest policy.)
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Card holders departing on a flight operated by Delta, within 3 hours of departure of their first flight, and at any connection points (no access at final destination.) No guests allowed.
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Card holders departing on a flight operated by Delta, within 3 hours of departure and at connection points (no access at final destination.) No guests allowed.
- Access requires confirmed travel plans. Standby boarding passes are not eligible.
- American Express Platinum Card® holders may not bring guests on a complimentary basis but can may purchase access for guests for $50 per adult and $30 per child (ages 2-17, proof of age required.)
- American Express Platinum Card® holders who spend $75,000 or more on eligible purchases during a calendar year receive complimentary guest access for up to two guests per visit for the current calendar year, the next year, and through January of the following year.