- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Barista coffee
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
- Private rooms
The flagship American Express Centurion Lounge at New York JFK airport Terminal 4 is the financial institution’s 12th club in the US, and the second in the New York area.
At 15,000 square feet, spanning over two levels, the Centurion Lounge JFK is the largest location system-wide and promises unparalleled elegance and amenities.
American Express The Centurion Lounge JFK design
Guests can look forward to American Express’ acclaimed elegant residential design. The space is outfitted with luxurious furniture with power outlets at arm’s length, private alcoves, a variety of seating for groups and solo travelers alike, and dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows featuring tarmac views.
The club is divided into six rooms with distinct vibes inspired by NYC’s sights and design periods. In addition to the traditional American Express memorabilia on display, the design incorporates local artifacts and rendering of local landmarks, such as a mosaic evoking the city’s famed subway murals.
American Express The Centurion Lounge JFK amenities
The Centurion Lounge JFK boasts a wealth of luxurious amenities including complimentary hot meals, a full bar with premium spirits, shower suites, day beds, and even a spa.
Designed by Uruguayan-born Chef Ignacio Mattos, the menu features fresh, ecletic, and cosmopolitan fare. Highlights include steak and golden nugget potatoes with romesco and taleggio sauce, fried maitake mushroom “po boy” with chipotle mayo and pickles on a brioche bun, and heathy options such as fennel salad with castelvetrano olives and provolone.
With two striking bar areas, the Centurion Lounge sets the standard at JFK. Skilled bartenders serve a variety of wines and cocktails designed by mixologist Jim Meehan. Centurion Card holders can look forward to a few VIP touches such as fine Champagnes. But the NYC-exclusive “1850” speakeasy steals the show. The striking space, nested behind a copper-paneled wall, sports a Prohibition-inspired décor with elegant wood paneling, subdued tones, private booths, and a rotating drink selection highlighting classic cocktails.
The Equinox Body Lab spa promises “performance-driven restorative therapies.” American Express will eventually offer complimentary treatments and massages, though in light of COVID-19 the portfolio of services will initially be limited to a massage chairs and selection of app-guided meditation experiences and stretching sessions.
The Centurion Lounge welcomes members of The Platinum Card and The Centurion Card, as well as two guests. Passengers may visit regardless of their choice of airline, as long as they hold a boarding pass and are willing to go through security at Terminal 4—JFK terminals are all standalone and there are no provisions for airside transfers.
The following is a typical sample selection; actual choices may vary. All food and drinks are complimentary. The menu has been designed by Uruguayan-born Chef Ignacio Mattos. See thecenturionlounge.com for the latest menu.
- Continental breakfast (6:00am – 7:00am)
- Caciocavallo and egg sandwich with tomato marmalade, on brioche bun
- Thick cut bacon with potatoes, spinach, and mostarda di cremona
- Fennel salad with castelvetrano olives and provolone
- Chicken broth with farro and butternut squash crostini
- Steak and golden nugget potatoes with romesco and taleggio sauce
- Fried maitake mushroom “po boy” with chipotle mayo and pickles on a brioche bun
- Chocolate cake with black sesame seeds
Cocktails (10:30am – 7:45pm)
- Proteautonic | Proteau Ludlow Red, East Imperial Old World Tonic Water, Lemon
- Cosmonot | Ford’s Gin, Lemon Juice, Cointreau, Bon Maman Raspberry Preserves
- Port in a Storm | Rye Whiskey, Vermouth, Noval Black Port, Hella Aromatic Bitters
- Riesling | Empire Estate | 2017 | Finger Lakes | New York
- Grenache + Syrah | M. Chapoutier ‘Belleruche’ | 2018 | Côtes-du-Rhône | France
- Cabernet Franc | Red Newt Cellars | 2017 | Finger Lakes | New York
Coffee and tea: Centurion Lounge Custom Coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino.
American Express The Centurion Lounge at New York, NY - J.F. Kennedy International (JFK) welcomes:
- American Express Centurion® card holders (+2 guests or immediate family)
- American Express Platinum Card® holders (+2 guests and children under 2 years old) within 3 hours of departure and at connection points (no access at final destination.) Proof of age or a lap infant boarding pass required for children under 2.
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Card holders departing on a flight operated by Delta, within 3 hours of departure and at connection points (no access at final destination.) No guests allowed.
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Card holders departing on a flight operated by Delta, within 3 hours of departure and at connection points (no access at final destination.) No guests allowed.
Members can purchase access for additional guests at $50 per person. Access requires confirmed travel plans (standby boarding passes are not eligible.)