Opened in October 2019, the American Express Lounge at Sydney International Airport Terminal 1 is situated near gates 50-63, and replaces the former smaller location near gate 24.
An exclusive haven for American Express Centurion and Platinum card members, the club features an elegant and serene design, a relaxation area, a dining zone with booths, work spaces with power outlets and fast Wi-Fi, and three shower suites with L’Occitane en Provence amenities.
The complimentary buffet and bar are the stars of the show. Chefs at live cooking stations prepare a variety of appetizing entrees including Asian favorites (wonton noodle soup, plum chicken stir-fry, teriyaki chicken on rice), healthy and vegan options, and comfort food (pasta, sliders, pizza.)
The full bar boasts a wide assortment of international wines, craft and tap beers, and cocktails.
The American Express Lounge is managed by Plaza Premium Group, the largest independent airport lounge operator worldwide.
American Express Lounge at Sydney (SYD) welcomes:
- American Express Platinum charge Card holders.
- American Express Business Platinum charge Card holders.
- American Express Platinum Corporate Card holders.
- American Express Centurion Card holders.
- American Express Business Centurion card holders.
Holders of the following cards receive two entries per year:
- American Express Explorer and Business Explorer cards.
- Qantas American Express Ultimate Card.
- American Express Velocity Platinum Card.
- Westpac Altitude Black American Express.
- CBA Diamond Awards American Express.
- David Jones American Express Platinum Card.
- American Express Qantas Corporate Platinum Card.