- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
The Austrian Business Lounge at Vienna airport Concourse D welcomes Star Alliance Gold and Business Class passengers traveling to destinations outside Europe’s Schengen zone, including the Middle East and Asia.
Austrian has few flights from Concourse D, and thus operates a single lounge for all eligible passengers, in contrast with Concourses F and G where Miles&More HON Circle Members, Star Alliance Gold, and Business Class passengers all have their respective dedicated clubs.
Austrian Business Lounge VIE design
Located on the upper floor above gate D29, the Austrian Business Lounge at Vienna airport Concourse D has a surprisingly small footprint, with seating for no more than 50 guests.
The space is clean and luminous, with hardwood floors and ample daylight, but modestly appointed. Seating consists mostly of dining tables with joyfully-colored chairs. In the rear of the lounge is a nook is outfitted with four loungers and ottomans facing a TV.
Curtains delineate separate areas, though there is little privacy to be found, especially at peak times. Power outlets are few and far between—an unfortunate oversight at a relatively recent lounge.
Austrian Business Lounge VIE amenities
Despite hosting passengers traveling to a number of far-flung destinations, the Austrian Business Lounge at Vienna airport Concourse D features only the most basic amenities.
Don’t come in hungry, as the snack selection consists of breads and jam, nuts, chips, and fresh fruit. Fortunately, the beverage selection is more expansive: in addition to a cooler full of soda and beer, guests will find juices, infused water, an espresso machine, wine, and a self-serve assortment of middle-shelf liquor.
The most notable feature is the slumber zone, which is outfitted with two large daybeds, side tables, bed-side lamps, and privacy curtains.
Other amenities include Wi-Fi and a broad selection of newspapers and magazines.
There are no business amenities such as workspaces or printing/copying facilities, and no showers.
Austrian Business Lounge VIE bottom line
When it comes to lounges, Austrian is the stepchild of the Lufthansa Group. And particularly at Vienna airport Concourse D, Austrian didn’t try too hard. The only lounge for all eligible passengers is primarily a place to sit and enjoy a drink. Food is virtually non-existent, and even working might be a challenge considering the lack of power outlets.
Sadly, the nearby pay-in Air Lounge (which participates in Priority Pass) has much more to offer, including a full hot buffet catered by Do&Co. Austrian does have better-appointed lounges in Concourses F and G, but be mindful of transfer times, including passport control and security, when switching terminals.
The best feature of the Austrian Business Lounge is ultimately the slumber room. Just be sure to wake up and leave early—many flights to the middle east have an extra security check at the gate.
Austrian Business Lounge at Vienna - Schwechat (VIE) welcomes:
- Austrian Business Class passengers, departing a same day flight (no guests)
- Austrian economy passengers departing on a same-day flight, for 35 euros.
- Miles & More Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Austrian or Star Alliance flight in any class of service (no guests)
- Miles & More Senator members departing on a same-day Austrian or Star Alliance flight in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Miles & More HON Circle members departing on a same-day Austrian or Star Alliance flight in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing on a same-day Austrian or Star Alliance flight in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Star Alliance Business Class and First Class passengers departing on a same-day Austrian or Star Alliance flight (+1 guest)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
Guests must be departing on the same flight as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Star Alliance.
When flying Star Alliance.
You may have access to Austrian Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
|Bulgaria Air (FB)||Georgian Airways (A9)||Luxair (LG)|
|Ukraine International Airlines (PS)|