The British Airways Lounge at Johannesburg airport was remodeled late 2019. The former separate Club and First lounges were combined into a single 86,00 square foot (880 square meter) space, which can accommodate close to 250 guests.
The design bears the DNA of British Airways’ latest lineage of lounges, with a striking resemblance to the airline’s San Francisco club. The space boasts hardwood floors, Earth tones, dim lighting, and smooth curves—a resolutely conservative but elegant ensemble.
Seating options include traditional lounge chairs with side consoles, booths, and tabletop seating. Power outlets are available at most seats.
The buffet spread includes seasonal salads, cold cuts, mezze, cheese, and hot dishes including Cape Malay curry. Wines, beer, and spirits are available, along with soft drinks and espresso.
First Class passengers benefit from an elegantly-furnished dedicated area with a-la-carte dining and wine pairings.
You may have access to British Airways Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
American Airlines (AA) British Airways (BA) Cathay Dragon (KA) Cathay Pacific (CX) Finnair (AY) Iberia (IB) Japan Airlines (JL) LATAM Airlines Brasil (JJ) LATAM Airlines Chile (LA) Malaysia Airlines (MH) Qantas (QF) Qatar Airways (QR) Royal Air Maroc (AT) Royal Jordanian (RJ) S7 Airlines (S7) SriLankan (UL)
British Airways Lounge at Johannesburg - O.R. Tambo International (JNB) welcomes:
- British Airways First passengers (+1 guest)
- British Airways Business Class passengers (Club Europe and Club World) (no guests)
- British Airways Gold Executive Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or other oneworld carriers (+1 guest)
- British Airways Gold Executive Silver members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or other oneworld carriers (+1 guest)
- First class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Business class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld Sapphire members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Guests must be departing on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- American Airlines and Qantas customers who have purchased a membership in their airline’s lounge network do not have access to British Airways lounges unless their ticket or status qualifies.