- CLOSED TEMPORARILYFood:
- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
The British Airways Galleries Club at London Heathrow Terminal 5 Concourse B is one of the three business class lounges that British Airways operates at Terminal 5. A train ride away from the main concourse (aka Concourse A), this club serves passengers departing from Concourses B and C who would rather use a lounge closer to their departure gate. As such, it is far less crowded and significantly quieter than the Galleries Club North and Galleries Club South in the main concourse. In fact, we would not hesitate to say that it is the best business class lounge in Terminal 5.
British Airways Galleries Club LHR design
Physically, the British Airways Galleries Club at London Heathrow Terminal 5 Concourse B is long and narrow, just like the concourse itself. The club is located on a mezzanine accessible from the center of the concourse, and shaped in a U layout, with the reception desk in the center.
Unlike its counterparts in the main terminal, this club does not offer expansive views on the tarmac or an indoor terrace. Otherwise, virtually every design element will be familiar to British Airways flyers — the hardwood floors, the chairs with British upholstery, the wine walls, and the glass partitions that carve out more private areas while letting natural light flow. The vibe is cozy, perhaps elegant, but certainly a tad old fashioned. The main flaw is the lack of power outlets at every seat, although there are dedicated business zones with plenty of plugs and space to work.
British Airways Galleries Club LHR amenities
Food and drink areas dot the lounge, featuring British Airways’ traditional Silver Bar. At breakfast time a selection of fresh, warm and delicious pastries is available to accompany espresso drinks. Throughout the day, snacks and hot entrees are served; the fare is rather basic but filling. The drink selection is a highlight, with mineral water, a wide array of soft drinks, multiple wines, and a choice of spirits.
What really sets the British Airways Galleries Club at Concourse B apart from the clubs in the main concourse is that it benefits from the same great amenities while serving fewer passengers. Such amenities include a staffed bag storage facility, a well-appointed family room, and a business center with work desks, self-service computers, printers, and round tables for meetings. But a highlight for many may be the Elemis Spa, where patrons may take a shower or receive a complimentary 15 minute massage. While massages are typically a token amenity, given that appointments cannot be made in advance and slots fill up fast, your chances of actually securing a spot are far greater at the Terminal 5B lounge due to the lower number of visitors. For more details on shower and massage services, read our review of the Elemis Spa in the main concourse.
British Airways Galleries Club LHR bottom line
Overall, the British Airways Galleries Club at London Heathrow Terminal 5 Concourse B combines a solid array of amenities with a peaceful atmosphere unseen at the main concourse lounges. It is well worth a hop on the train if you have time. Note however that there are no First Class services at this club.
Note: Officially, passengers are departing from the main concourse aren’t supposed to go to the satellite concourses, and there is no “official” way to return to concourse A from Concourse B. However, if you are willing to walk, here is how to do it: from Concourse B, follow the signs to Concourse C and go down to the transit level. As you reach the transit level, walk downstairs to the lower level. There, look for the sign to Concourse A. You will enter a long pedestrian tunnel linking the three concourses. The walk back to the main terminal takes approximately 10 minutes, and the moving walkways won’t be of any help since they go in the opposite direction. Before visiting Concourse B, ensure that you have sufficient time to make it back to your gate prior to departure.Food & Beverages
The following is a sample selection. Actual offerings may vary. All food and beverages are complimentary.
Breakfast (before noon)
- Breakfast pastries
- Corn flakes
- Swiss-style muesli
- Bran flakes
Lunch and dinner (after noon)
- Chili con carne
- Beef bourguignon
- Baked beans
- Jacket potato
- Mustard chicken
- Pasta with a basil and tomato sauce
- Red Thai vegetable curry
- Chicken, chorizo and tomato quiche
- Spinach and ricotta quiche
- Salad bar
- Pesto sala with cashews and pine nuts
- Five bean salad
- New potato and spring onion salad
- Bottled water
- Red and white wines
- Selection of liqueurs and spirits
- Champagne available upon request
You may have access to British Airways Galleries Club as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
American Airlines (AA) British Airways (BA) Cathay Dragon (KA) Cathay Pacific (CX) Finnair (AY) Iberia (IB) Japan Airlines (JL) LATAM Airlines Brasil (JJ) LATAM Airlines Chile (LA) Malaysia Airlines (MH) Qantas (QF) Qatar Airways (QR) Royal Air Maroc (AT) Royal Jordanian (RJ) S7 Airlines (Siberia Airlines) (S7) SriLankan (UL)
Alaska Airlines (AS)Access rules
British Airways Galleries Club at London - Heathrow (LHR) welcomes:
- British Airways First passengers (+1 guest)
- British Airways Business Class passengers (Club Europe and Club World) (no guests)
- British Airways Gold Executive Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or other oneworld carriers (+1 guest)
- British Airways Gold Executive Silver members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or other oneworld carriers (+1 guest)
- First class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Business class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld Sapphire members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Guests must be departing on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- American Airlines and Qantas customers who have purchased a membership in their airline’s lounge network do not have access to British Airways lounges unless their ticket or status qualifies.
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Map & Directions
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.