- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
British Airways Galleries Club South LHR design
The British Airways Galleries Club South at London Heathrow Terminal is divided into multiple areas. Next to the reception desks is a dining area with multiple buffet stations, although alcoholic beverages and coffee are a bit of a hike away. On the right after entering are multiple seating zones with various seating arrangements ranging from a dense and not so attractive open room, to a variety of more private and secluded pods. The business center is mostly located along the inside wall, with counter-style tables, numerous self-service computers, printers, and round tables for meetings. Finally, to the left of the reception desks, the lounge opens onto a large open room featuring British Airways’ Silver Bar, where large windows let plenty of natural in and reveal terrific views of the tarmac.
The décor, rather typical of British Airways, is bit of an acquired taste. We like the elegant hardwood floors, the wine walls, and the glass partitions that foster privacy while letting light flow. However, we’re not quite sure what to make of the dated furniture, old-fashioned British upholstery, or blue lights around the magazine racks. Worse, power outlets are lacking – while they’re plentiful in the business area and the more intimate seating area, they’re virtually nowhere to be seen in the open areas.
British Airways Galleries Club South LHR amenities
While the British Airways Galleries Club South won’t awards for a trendy design, the list of amenities is remarkable and includes a staffed bag storage facility, a well-appointed family room, a business center, newspapers and magazines, and large individual bathroom stalls. But a highlight for many may be the Elemis Spa, where patrons may take a shower or receive a complimentary 15 minute massage. For more details on shower and massage services, read our review of the adjacent Elemis Spa. Note that massages are a bit of a token amenity, given that appointments cannot be made in advance and slots fill up fast, so inquire as soon as you check-in.
Unfortunately, Wi-Fi service is spotty– often painfully slow and sometimes downright unusable.
Food and drinks are plentiful. At breakfast time a selection of fresh, warm and delicious pastries is available to accompany espresso drinks. Throughout the day, snacks and hot entrees are served; the fare is basic but filling. The drink selection is a highlight, with mineral water, a wide array of soft drinks, and British Airways’ traditional Silver Bar featuring a large choice of wines and spirits. We like the several “coffee house” zones, featuring espresso machines and a selection of teas.
British Airways Galleries Club South LHR bottom line
Overall, the sprawling British Airways Galleries Club South at London Heathrow Terminal 5 is an excellent business class lounge with a solid range of amenities. It does get busy, though, although perhaps not as painfully as the Galleries Club North lounge, and the lack of reliable Wi-Fi can be a problem. If you have ample time and are willing to walk, and would like a quieter location as well as a greater chance at a massage, then you may want to take the train over to the Galleries Club in Satellite 5B.
The following is a sample selection. Actual offerings may vary. All food and beverages are complimentary.
Breakfast (before noon)
- Breakfast pastries
- Corn flakes
- Swiss-style muesli
- Bran flakes
Lunch and dinner (after noon)
- Chili con carne
- Beef bourguignon
- Baked beans
- Jacket potato
- Mustard chicken
- Pasta with a basil and tomato sauce
- Red Thai vegetable curry
- Chicken, chorizo and tomato quiche
- Spinach and ricotta quiche
- Salad bar
- Pesto sala with cashews and pine nuts
- Five bean salad
- New potato and spring onion salad
- Bottled water
- Red and white wines
- Selection of liqueurs and spirits
- Champagne available upon request
You may have access to British Airways Galleries Club South as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
|American Airlines (AA)||British Airways (BA)||Cathay Pacific (CX)|
|Finnair (AY)||Iberia (IB)||Japan Airlines (JL)|
|Malaysia Airlines (MH)||Qantas (QF)||Qatar Airways (QR)|
|Royal Air Maroc (AT)||Royal Jordanian (RJ)||S7 Airlines (Siberia Airlines) (S7)|
|Alaska Airlines (AS)||LATAM Airlines Brasil (JJ)||LATAM Airlines Chile (LA)|
British Airways Galleries Club South at London - Heathrow (LHR) welcomes:
- British Airways First passengers (+1 guest)
- British Airways Business Class passengers (Club Europe and Club World) (no guests)
- British Airways Gold Executive Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or other oneworld carriers (+1 guest)
- British Airways Gold Executive Silver members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or other oneworld carriers (+1 guest)
- First class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Business class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld Sapphire members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Guests must be departing on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- American Airlines and Qantas customers who have purchased a membership in their airline’s lounge network do not have access to British Airways lounges unless their ticket or status qualifies.
4.0 / 5, based on 91 reviews