Description courtesy of Cathay Pacific:
The Bangkok lounge measures 679 square meters, with seating for approximately 140 people. The new facility offers a comfortable environment, with an emphasis on understated luxury, where First and Business Class passengers can relax before their flight.
Designed by Studioilse, the London-based design studio led by Ilse Crawford, the aim is to bring to life Cathay Pacific’s new brand design ethos, creating an environment that helps passengers feel relaxed, engaging the senses and focusing on wellbeing as a core principle. This has been achieved by working with warm, natural materials like wood and stone, softening the acoustics where possible and adopting a considered approach to lighting.
Cherry wood walls and a limestone floor are framed with details such as glazed screens, green ceramic tiles in The Noodle Bar, bronze highlights in the main entrance and brass in the Bar. Lots of plants add colour to the space while specially sourced artworks reflect the local culture.
The overall feeling of the lounge is of a domestic space, more like a living room than an airline lounge. Natural sunlight filters through the windows. Designer furniture and lighting have been carefully selected for practicality and comfort. Bespoke chairs and side tables with in-built lamps and sockets are placed by the windows where passengers can enjoy the view of the airport runway and beyond. The Bureau provides three individual workstations with dual operating system iMacs and printers. Free Wi-Fi access is also available throughout the lounge.
With a greater focus on food and beverage services, the dining area features Cathay Pacific’s signature The Noodle Bar, a popular attraction in the airline’s world-renowned lounges at Hong Kong International Airport, which offers a selection of Asian noodles including wonton noodle soup and tom yam soup, freshly prepared by a chef. During the morning, until 11:00am, an authentic Thai breakfast is also offered. Another dining highlight is the Food Bar, where passengers can enjoy a wide selection of lighter items such as salads, pastries and other desserts. In addition, freshly blended cocktails and a variety of non-alcoholic drinks are served at the Bar.
You may have access to Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
American Airlines (AA) British Airways (BA) Cathay Dragon (KA) Cathay Pacific (CX) Finnair (AY) Iberia (IB) Japan Airlines (JL) LATAM Airlines Brasil (JJ) LATAM Airlines Chile (LA) Malaysia Airlines (MH) Qantas (QF) Qatar Airways (QR) Royal Jordanian (RJ) S7 Airlines (S7) SriLankan (UL)
Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge at Bangkok - Suvarnabhumi International (BKK) welcomes:
- Cathay Pacific or Dragonair First Class passengers (+1 guest)
- Cathay Pacific or Dragonair Class passengers (no guests)
- Marco Polo Club Diamond members departing on any airline (+2 guests)
- Marco Polo Club Gold members departing on a same-day flight operated by Cathay Pacific, Dragonair or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Marco Polo Club Silver members departing on a same-day flight operated by Cathay Pacific or Dragonair (no guests)
- Cargo Clan Elite members departing on a same-day flight operated by Cathay Pacific, Dragonair or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- First class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Business class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members departing on a same-day flight operated by Cathay Pacific, Dragonair or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld Sapphire members departing on a same-day flight operated by Cathay Pacific, Dragonair or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Guests must be departing on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
- American Airlines AAdvantage® members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
- American Airlines Admirals Club members do not have access to Cathay Pacific and Dragonair lounges unless their ticket or status qualifies.