- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Premium drinks for sale
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
- Outdoor deck
The flagship Delta Sky Club at New York’s JFK airport Terminal 4 serves domestic and international passengers alike. Remodeled in 2019, the sprawling lounge boasts a new décor and world-class amenities, including a Sky Deck, and open-air terrace overlooking the airport.
Located near gate B31—a rather long walk from the security checkpoint—the Sky Club welcomes members, Delta One passengers, premium and elite customers traveling on SkyTeam partner airlines, as well as holders of various co-branded credit cards.
Delta Sky Club JFK design
Spreading over almost 27,000 square-feet, the Delta Sky Club at New York JFK airport Terminal 4 has something for everyone. Throughout 2019, Delta transformed the venerable facility, dishing its legacy sterile décor in favor of an elaborate design. The result is a versatile space that accommodates solo travelers and groups alike, with an outstanding variety of seating options.
Make no mistake: the design aims at packing in as many customers as possible. The Sky Club at JFK T4 is one of Delta’s busiest locations, and it’s often crowded. But the layout succeeds at blending density and privacy.
The sheer variety of seating options includes traditional lounge seats with side consoles, large board-room style communal tables, comfortable couches, cube chairs, tabletop seating, and work desks along the windows. The staggered layout, and high-backed chairs and sofas help enhance privacy, while the play of curves, colors, angles, textures, and materials gives the ensemble a convivial feel. For the ultimate in privacy, seek one of the few “productivity pods”—chairs with a surrounding partition and a built-in table and lamp, akin to business class suites. Power outlets are available at virtually every seat.
While modern lounges tend to favor a completely open layout, fortunately Sky Club JFK Terminal 4 renovations kept most partitions intact. While it does mean that the interior sections are darker, it also helps creates quieter zones and spaces with different moods, more suitable to work or relaxation.
At the heart of the club is the new dining and bar area. Sporting curved dark red booths, recessed lighting, background music, and a dramatic showcase buffet area, the space has undertones of a NYC private club.
The periphery of the club is lined with windows, and guests can look forward to 270 degree tarmac views, and vistas reaching as far as Manhattan on clear days.
The Sky Club is also home to a fantastic aviation-themed art collection. We’re quite fond of the oversized luggage tags hanging on the wall near the customer service area.
The Sky Deck is perhaps the most iconic feature of the Delta Sky Club at JFK airport Terminal 4. The open-air terrace, designed in partnership with Thom Filicia and Architectural Digest, boasts 180 degree runway views and a year-round patio which was recently outfitted with a retractable roof, heaters and fans, and power outlets.
With inviting couches, chairs-a-plenty, planters, mirrors, and signature red “sails” overhead, the Sky Deck is an avgeek’s dream, and a fantastic place to take in the uplifting views, socialize, sip a glass of Champagne, or work away from the crowds.
Delta Sky Club JFK amenities
The flagship Delta Sky Club at JFK airport Terminal 4 features a superior buffet spread, a full bar, and spacious shower suites.
With many travelers headed to Europe on short overnight flights, the option to dine in the lounge prior to departing is paramount. Unlike some competitors, Delta does not offer dedicated table service or cooked-to-order options for premium passengers, but the buffet on display at the Sky Club JFK is definitely a notch the average lounge fare.
Breakfast is served until shortly before noon, and features staples such as hash browns, scrambled eggs, bacon, and oatmeal. Lunch and dinner featured a more expansive selection, with healthy options including kale salad, cabbage, couscous, soups, and a variety of hot dishes. Sadly, there is no real china, and the food is prepared off-site and merely re-heated in the lounge, even though the dining area is setup to look like an open kitchen. The buffet zone is kept immaculately clean.
Patrons can help themselves to infused water and soda. The bar serves a variety of complimentary well alcoholic beverages. Premium drinks are available for purchase in US Dollars or Delta Sky Miles. Espresso machines dot the lounge, and Delta offers an assortment of syrups for your morning pick-me-up.
The remodeled bathrooms feature a bold, striking design and incorporate changing rooms. Six shower suites are also available to guests who wish to freshen up. Decked in marble with a red backdrop, the facilities are outfitted with a rain shower, three large mirrors, a shelf, and Malin+Goetz amenities in wall-mounted dispensers. Patrons are issued a single towel. Be sure to inquire early as there may be a line. You will be issued a buzzer should there be a wait.
Other amenities include fast Wi-Fi, a private VIP room, and a selection of newspapers and magazines.
Delta Sky Club JFK bottom line
Delta’s flagship Sky Club at New York JFK airport Terminal 4 is one of the carrier’s best lounges worldwide. The space may not have the “wow” factor of Delta’s new custom-built lounges at San Francisco and Seattle airports, but extensive remodeling efforts throughout 2019 brought a vibrant dining and bar area with extensive dining options, a variety of private seating spaces, a rejuvenated Sky Deck, and superb bathrooms and shower suites.
The single, central location at Terminal 4 near gate B31 has downsides, though. Not only is gate B31 a long walk from both security and most other gates, but he club routinely operates at capacity at peak times. An additional club in Terminal 4’s A Pier will eventually help mitigate crowding.
Delta Sky Club at New York, NY - John F. Kennedy (JFK) welcomes:
- Delta Sky Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta, except when booked in Basic Economy (no guests)
- Delta Sky Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by SkyTeam partners, LATAM, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Hawaiian, or WestJet, in any class of service (no guests)
- Delta One passengers departing on a same-day international flight or connecting to/from an international flight ticketed in Delta One (excluding travel to/from the Caribbean, Guam, Palau and Saipan) (no guests)
- Delta One passengers departing on a same-day domestic flight (no guests)
- International First and Business Class passengers departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member (no guests)
- Delta SkyMiles Medallion Platinum members departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- SkyTeam Elite Plus members (except Delta SkyMiles Medallion Gold members) departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- American Express Platinum and Centurion Card® members departing or arriving on a same-day Delta flight (+2 guests at an additional fee)
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Credit Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta (+2 guests at $39/person)
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express Credit Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta, for $39 per person (+2 guests at $39/person)
- Delta SkyMiles Diners Club Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta (+2 guests, maximum 3 visits/year)
- Delta SkyMiles TRUST CLUB Platinum Visa Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta or SkyTeam partners, LATAM, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Hawaiian, or WestJet (+2 guests, maximum 6 visits/year)
- Delta SkyMiles TRUST CLUB Gold Visa Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta or SkyTeam partners, LATAM, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Hawaiian, or WestJet (+2 guests, maximum 3 visits/year)
- Members with an Executive membership may access Delta Sky Club with up to 2 guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 years of age) at no cost, and bring up to two additional guests for $39 per guest per Club visit.
- Members with an Individual Membership may access Delta Sky Club with up to 2 guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 years of age) for $39 per guest per club visit.
- Guests must be traveling on any flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Member must remain with the guests at all times during the visit.
- Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and not on arrival, unless you are connecting to a domestic flight or other qualifying international flight.
- Pass riders, airline employees, retirees on non-revenue tickets are not admitted.
When flying Delta
You may have access to Delta Sky Club as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any SkyTeam member airline.
|Aerolineas Argentinas (AR)||Aeromexico (AM)||Air Europa (UX)|
|Air France (AF)||China Airlines (CI)||China Eastern (MU)|
|Czech Airlines (OK)||Delta (DL)||Garuda Indonesia (GA)|
|ITA Airways (AZ)||KLM (KL)||Kenya Airways (KQ)|
|Korean Air (KE)||MEA Middle East Airlines (ME)||Saudia (SV)|
|TAROM (RO)||Vietnam Airlines (VN)||Virgin Atlantic (VS)|
|Xiamen Airlines (MF)|
|LATAM Airlines Brasil (JJ)||LATAM Airlines Chile (LA)||WestJet (WS)|
The Sky Club offers a complimentary selection of breakfast options, snacks, soups and salads, and basic alcoholic drinks. Additionally, this location offers premium drinks for sale ("THE BAR.") Selections may vary. See the full menu at delta.com.
- Locally sourced bagels.
- Honey wheat English muffin, English muffin.
- Mini muffins: banana, blueberry, chocolate chip.
- Spreads: Orange marmalade, grape jam, strawberry preserves, cream cheese, margarine spread, butter, honey, peanut butter.
- Cereals: Raisin Bran®, Cheerios®, Corn Flakes®, granola; skim and 2% milk; oatmeal.
- Fruit: Apples, oranges, bananas, fruit salad.
- Strawberry and honey vanilla yogurt.
- Hard boiled eggs.
Lunch and dinner
- Bar snacks: pretzel mix, nut mix, mixed raisins, popcorn, olives (country olive mix, Mediterranean meze & Nicoise.)
- Marinated mushrooms.
- Crackers and dips: Tomato basil flatbread crackers, classic hummus, olive tapenade, garlic & herb spread, peppercorn parmesan spread.
- Veggies and dips: carrots, celery, broccoli, pepper strips, ranch vegetable dip.
- Fruit: Apples, oranges, bananas.
- Soups: tomato and garden vegetable, Italian wedding.
- Salads: lettuce spring mix, chicken with cranberry & pecan, balsamic dressing, ranch dressing.
- Desserts: assorted cheesecakes, dark chocolate chunk and raisin oatmeal cookies.
- Soft drinks.
- Coffee, espresso, tea.
- Beer: Miller Lite, local craft.
- Red wine: Dona Paula Malbec, Trinity Oaks Pinot Noir.
- White wine: Trinity Oaks Chardonnay, Frontera Sauvignon Blanc.
- Bombay Sapphire.
- Bacardi Rum.
- Jack Daniel’s.
- Cutty Sark.
- Baileys Irish cream.
Premium drinks ("THE BAR")
- Blue Moon
- Stella Artois
- Ayinger Celebrator
- Mionetto Prosecco Brut, Italy: $7/ 28
- Taittinger Prestige Blanc, Champagne: $12 / 48
- Perrier-Jouet Champagne (half-bottle): $22
- Pinot Grigio Banfi Le Rime, Tuscany, Italy: $7 / 28
- Matua Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand: $7 / 28
- Jean-Luc Columbo Rose, Provence, France: $7 / 28
- Mer Soleil Silver Unoaked Chardonnay, Monterey, California: $ 9 / 36
- Bodegas Ramon Bilbao Rioja Crianza, Spain: $7 / 28
- Decoy by Duckhorn Pinot Noir, Sonoma, California: $8 / 32
- J. Lohr Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles, California: $ 10 /40
- Old Fashioned
- Hemingway Daiquiri
- Gin Fizz
- Bloody Mary
- Hangar One: $6
- Tito’s: $6
- Van Gogh: $6
- Hangar One Mandarin Blossom: $8
- Beluga Noble: $8
- Chopin: $8
- Belvedere: $8
- Ketel One: $8
- Grey Goose: $8
- Tanqueray 10: $6
- 50 Pound: $8
- Hendrick’s: $8
- Captain Morgan Spiced: $6
- Cabana Cachaca: $8
- Zacapa: $8
- Ron Barceló: $8
- Woodford Reserve: $6
- Jameson: $6
- Marker’s Mark: $8
- Bookers: $8
- Woodford Reserve Double Oak: $8
- Bulleit Rye: $8
- Crown Royal: $8
- Johnnie Walker Black: $8
- Glengoyne 12: $8
- Laphroaig: $8
- Macallan 12: $8
- Poppy Van Winkle: $20
- Johnnie Walker Blue: $20
- Don Julio Anejo: $8
- Casa Amigo Blanco: $8
- Herradura Reposado: $8
- Deleon Platinum: $8
- Del Maguey Vida: $8
- Courvoisier VSOP: $8
- Remy VSOP: $8
- Massenez Poire Williams: $8
- Castello Banfi Grappa di Brunello: $8
- Hennessy XO: $20
- Cointreau: $6
- Fernet Branca: $6
- Frangelico: $6
- Kalhua: $6
- Amaretto Di Saronno: $6
- Marie Brizard Crème de menthe: $6
- St. Germain Elderflower: $6
- Sambuca Romana: $6
- Campari: $6
- Grand Marnier: $8
Premium foodThis location offers a selection of fresh food items available for purchase. See the full menu at delta.com.
3.5 / 5, based on 228 reviews