The Delta Sky Club is the only airline club at New Orleans Louis Armstrong airport, and in the entire state of Louisiana. Conveniently located by gate D4, the lounge is adjacent to the security checkpoint, and a stone’s throw away from most Concourse D gates.
Delta Sky Club members and SkyTeam international business class passengers are welcome, along with passengers of all other airlines, regardless of class of service—for a hefty $55 fee.
Delta Sky Club MSY design
Physically, the Delta Sky Club at New Orleans airport is a single compact rectangular room. The design is unremarkable—the venerable lounge pre-dates Delta’s efforts at a modern or local décor—but the space boasts large windows with a view of the tarmac, and the carpet and furniture were recently refreshed. There is also a hint of New Orleans: a collection of beads across the reception desk.
The single room is home to a reception desk, seating area, business corner, bar, buffet, and a small dining zone with a handful of tables. Due to space constraints, the seating layout is compact, with relatively little privacy or space to walk around, but the seats are comfortable, and come with side tables and built-in power and USB ports.
For a slightly more secluded environment, look for the small relaxation room—really, a nook behind the reception desk—with high-backed chairs and convivial group seating around a coffee table.
Laptop users will find tabletop seating along the window to the right when entering, with a front-row view over the tarmac and gate D3.
While the Delta Sky Club at New Orleans airport is a no-thrills facility, the staff is a stellar: both the reception and bar staff are genuinely welcoming and helpful.
Delta Sky Club MSY amenities
The Delta Sky Club at New Orleans airport offers a set of essential amenities for domestic travel.
The buffet spread includes snacks, two soups, green lettuce, a potato salad, and a chicken salad. That’s a far cry from Delta’s offering at hubs and major airports, but nevertheless an enjoyable amenity. On the drinks front, patrons will find a digital Starbucks espresso machine along with an assortment of syrups, a hydration station with infused water, and a selection of teas. Soft drinks and juices are available from the bar, which also offers complimentary house wine and well drinks, as well as a large selection of premium alcoholic beverages for purchase.
There is no business center per se, but in the rear of the lounge are a W-Fi printer as well as a shredder. Newspapers and magazines are also available throughout the lounge.
The bathroom features Malin+Goetz amenities. There are no showers at this location.
Delta Sky Club MSY bottom line
The Delta Sky Club at New Orleans airport is a basic but pleasant lounge which meets essential needs. The club features large windows, comfortable seats with handy power outlets, complimentary and fast Wi-Fi, a basic selection of soups and salads, and complimentary alcoholic drinks. There are no bells and whistles, and the club does gets busy at peak times and offers relatively little privacy.
With no competition on ground services, Delta should have little incentive to improve. Yet, a new lounge is included in the blueprint of the new terminal currently under construction. Plans call for a two-story club boasting the airline’s latest design (although the actual floor space isn’t expected to increase significantly.) The new club is scheduled to open in late 2018 at the earliest.
- Locally sourced bagels.
- Honey wheat English muffin, English muffin.
- Mini muffins: banana, blueberry, chocolate chip.
- Spreads: Orange marmalade, grape jam, strawberry preserves, cream cheese, margarine spread, butter, honey, peanut butter.
- Cereals: Raisin Bran®, Cheerios®, Corn Flakes®, granola; skim and 2% milk; oatmeal.
- Fruit: Apples, oranges, bananas, fruit salad.
- Strawberry and honey vanilla yogurt.
- Hard boiled eggs.
Lunch and dinner
- Bar snacks: pretzel mix, nut mix, mixed raisins, popcorn, olives (country olive mix, Mediterranean meze & Nicoise.)
- Marinated mushrooms.
- Crackers and dips: Tomato basil flatbread crackers, classic hummus, olive tapenade, garlic & herb spread, peppercorn parmesan spread.
- Veggies and dips: carrots, celery, broccoli, pepper strips, ranch vegetable dip.
- Fruit: Apples, oranges, bananas.
- Soups: tomato and garden vegetable, Italian wedding.
- Salads: lettuce spring mix, chicken with cranberry & pecan, balsamic dressing, ranch dressing.
- Desserts: assorted cheesecakes, dark chocolate chunk and raisin oatmeal cookies.
- Soft drinks.
- Coffee, espresso, tea.
- Beer: Miller Lite, local craft.
- Red wine: Dona Paula Malbec, Trinity Oaks Pinot Noir.
- White wine: Trinity Oaks Chardonnay, Frontera Sauvignon Blanc.
- Bombay Sapphire.
- Bacardi Rum.
- Jack Daniel’s.
- Cutty Sark.
- Baileys Irish cream.
3.5 / 5, based on 42 reviews