- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Baggage storage
- Newspapers and magazines
EVA Air operates four lounges at their Taipei hub, all with different designs and specific access requirements. The EVA Air Star lounge is the largest and most visited one, as it welcomes all Star Alliance Gold members regardless of their class of service.
As you make your way into the lounge, the courteous and numerous staff will display showcase Asian hospitality – expect a warm welcome, proactive help, and profuse apologies for any wait over a few seconds. You will then be directed to the left side; to the right is The Infinity, a lounge for Business and First class passengers, which is off-limits to Star Alliance Gold members in economy.
EVA Air The Star TPE design
According to EVA Air, the design “recreates the feeling of relaxing outdoors under an azure sky with drifting clouds.” The lighting also simulates sunrises and sunsets. Realistically, though, unless they look up most visitors are unlikely to notice this feature… and those who do may note that it is akin a second-grade Vegas style fake outdoor ceiling. But nevertheless, we love the intention and the description!
Otherwise, the design is generally simple and elegant – a stark contrast with the adjacent Infinity lounge. A hallway leads to a large open room with various seating arrangements conducive to work, relaxation, group discussions, and dining. The furniture is comfortable and includes sofas. Power outlets are widely available. Windows let some natural light in but feature a rather underwhelming view on the uninspired checkin and immigration area on the lower level.
EVA Air The Star TPE amenities
Adjacent to the main room, and surprisingly opposite the dining area, is the buffet area – there the star theme is taken more literally, with a dark ambiance highlighting the illuminated buffet and painted ceiling. The selection is broad and generous, ranging from western food and Movenpick ice cream to Chinese specialties. A wide range of drinks is available, from espresso to alcoholic drinks. An automated beer dispenser tilts your glass for a perfect pour.
Showers are also available by checking in with the reception desk. The rooms are modern and well appointed.
EVA Air The Star TPE bottom line
Overall, the EVA Air Star lounge at Taipei airport is a pleasant and well appointed lounge, with the buffet as the highlight. However it can get very crowded at peak times.
You may have access to EVA Air The Star as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following SkyTeam member airlines only.
|Xiamen Airlines (MF)|
|Hong Kong Airlines (HX)||UNI Air (B7)|
The following passengers have access:
- EVA Air Royal Laurel/Premium Laurel/Business class passengers (+1 guest)
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands Diamond members departing on an EVA Air or Star Alliance flight (+2 guests, plus children under 12 years old)
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands Gold members departing on an EVA Air or Star Alliance flight (+1 guest, plus children under 12 years old)
- First class passengers departing on an international Star Alliance flight (+1 guest)
- Business class passengers departing on an international Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Star Alliance Gold Members departing on an international Star Alliance flight (+1 guest)
- United Club members departing on an international Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on an international Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Amex Black/EVA Air card holders
- Citibank EVA Air World card holders
- Customers from other airlines holding an invitation.
Guests must be departing on a flight operated by EVA Air or another Star Alliance member.
When flying Star Alliance.
When flying Star Alliance.