- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary finger food
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
The Lufthansa Business Lounge at New York Newark airport (EWR) is one of Lufthansa’s newer lounges. Opened in 2014, it sports Lufthansa’s latest design which allies elegance with functionality.
While the Newark lounges are significantly smaller than the flagship tri-level lounge complex at New York JFK, the investment reflects the importance of New York City in Lufthansa’s global network.
Lufthansa Business Lounge EWR design
The elegant reception area sets the tone. The design is a true replica of the newest lounges at Frankfurt airport, with clean lines, strong branding, an illuminated desk, and a bouquet of orchids. From the reception area, you’ll make a right into the Business Lounge, unless you happen to hold Lufthansa’s Miles&More Senator or Star Alliance Gold status, in which case you’ll be admitted into the slightly upper scale Senator Lounge to the left.
Lufthansa’s frequent flyers will feel immediately at home with the familiar décor that includes a orange and grey tones and shades of white, clean lines, clear branding, and a large print of a mountain chain seen from the air. The Business Lounge at Newark is effectively a miniature of the newer lounges at Frankfurt or London.
The layout is rather simple, with a seating area flanked by a buffet. A large window lets natural light in, although the lounge faces a hallway leading to immigration for arriving passengers and a jetway, so views are limited. Across the bathroom is a small dining area with tables for two, a possibly quieter space, but one that lacks natural light and might feel a bit cramped. Power outlets are available throughout.
Lufthansa Business Lounge EWR amenities
The buffet is the highlight of the lounge, with a selection of snacks, salads, sandwiches, desserts, and a fully stocked self-serve bar. Quality china and silverware complement the experience. While there is no hot food (that’s a privilege reserved for patrons of the adjacent Senator Lounge), the selection still beats hands down all other Star Alliance lounges at Newark, and is appropriate enough for a quick meal on the ground – a blessing before short overnight flights to Europe.
Due to space constraints, Lufthansa does not offer showers at this location.
Other amenities include newspapers and magazines as well as a small business center.
Lufthansa Business Lounge EWR bottom line
The Lufthansa Business Lounge at New York Newark airport (EWR) is a comfortable lounge with a generous food and beverage selection. Unfortunately, it is on the small side, and gets crowded at peak times.
Technically, business class passengers also have access to the far superior United Polaris Lounge, which sports ample real estate, shower suites, and a full-service restaurant; however, the Polaris Lounge is located in the separate Terminal C. If connecting from a United flight, visit the Polaris lounge prior to hopping on the shuttle to Terminal A.
Lufthansa Business Lounge at New York, NY - Newark Liberty International (EWR) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Miles & More Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Eurowings BEST fare passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings SMART fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on the same flight as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Star Alliance.
When flying Star Alliance.
You may have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
The following is a sample selection. All food and beverages are complimentary.
- Baby tomato, basil and mozarrella salad
- Roasted corn salad, lime chipotle dressing
- Red quinoa salad with vegetables, curry raisin vinaigrette
- Cucumbers, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives
- Crudite with ranch dressing dip
- Fruit salad
- Horseradish bacon cream
- Black bean hummus
- Grilled lemon chicken salad, roma tomatoes, lettuce on Tuscan roll
- Basil marinated sliced tomato, brie on brioche roll
- White wine poached plum
- Chocolate chip cookies