- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Baggage storage
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Lufthansa Business Lounge HAM design
The L shaped facility is on the small side, though it doesn’t get crowded given Lufthansa’s relatively sparse schedule out of Hamburg. The rather utilitarian décor is typical of the airline’s older lounges. The buffet stands out as the centerpiece of the design; otherwise there is little creativity in the plain wall and ceilings and rows of monochrome seats. Fortunately, the lounge benefits from ample daylight, with windows running along the two exterior walls. There’s not much in terms of views however, as the club overlooks the parking lot (the adjacent Senator Lounge, on the other hand, benefits from an open deck overlooking the tarmac.)
Seating options include traditional armchairs, café style seating by the buffet, and high tables with bar like seating. Unfortunately, only the latter are equipped with power outlets, although there is also a small business center in the back with a few cubicles, self-service computers, and additional plugs.
Lufthansa Business Lounge HAM amenities
The buffet offers a selection of appetizers, salads, soups, cold dishes as well as treats such as ice cream. Occasionally, Lufthansa operates a food cart which prepares local specialties on demand. Overall, the fare is simple but tasty and the buffet is replenished on a regular basis. The drink selection is generous, with soft drinks, a choice of wines and liquor, and hot drinks.
Other amenities include newspapers and magazines, as well as a smoking room with high tables and power outlets. A large bathroom is located in the reception area.
Lufthansa Business Lounge HAM bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Business Lounge at Hamburg airport doesn’t impress with its aesthetics, design, or view of the parking lot. It is however a quiet space with a pretty solid food and beverage selection, a feature that’s especially notable since Lufthansa only operates short flights within the Schengen zone out of Hamburg.
Lufthansa Business Lounge at Hamburg - Fuhlsbüttel (HAM) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Miles & More Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Eurowings BEST fare passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings SMART fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on the same flight as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Star Alliance.
When flying Star Alliance.
You may have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
|Eurowings (EW)||Luxair (LG)|
3.5 / 5, based on 23 reviews