- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Baggage storage
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Lufthansa Business Lounge MUC design
From the reception area shared with the Senator Lounge, make your way upstairs through the grand staircase. You’ll find yourself in a spacious lounge area, with a comfortable amount of natural light, thanks to windows on either side and a sky light. The design, which is pretty typical of previous generation Business Lounges, is somewhat unremarkable, and there isn’t much in terms of views, as the lounge is located above the immigration and transit atrium. Regardless, the open layout, natural light, light hardwood floors throughout, and relatively sparse furniture combined with the sheer dimensions of the space make the lounge feel welcoming and expansive.
The heart of the lounge is setup like a beer garden, in a nod to Munich and Bavaria’s tradition. You’ll find long shared tables with benches, and of course, beer on tap just a few steps away. If that’s not your thing, plenty of traditional café-style seating is available, though unfortunately power outlets are only available at individual seats and at the business center, which is located around to the entrance, and also features a few self-service computers.
Our favorite spot is the more isolated seating area next to the staircase, which feels more private and quieter than the rest of the lounge.
Lufthansa Business Lounge MUC amenities
The buffet offers a range of snacks, appetizers, a salad bar, and a small selection of hot and cold entrees. Wine and liquor are also available. The selection is broad enough for a quick meal on the ground, which is especially notable since the lounge merely serves flights within the Schengen zone.
Shower suites are available. Each suite comes with a shower, toilet, and a set of amenities — inquire as soon as you come in as there is often a waitlist. Other amenities include secure bag lockers, coat racks, and a wide range of newspapers and magazines.
Lufthansa Business Lounge MUC bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich airport opposite gate G28 is a spacious, pleasant, and well-appointed lounge, which, thanks to its dimensions, remains relatively quiet despite constant high traffic. The array of amenities is pretty impressive for a lounge serving exclusively short-haul flights.
Note: You may notice doors marked as “Departures H.” While the lounge is indeed on the upper level dubbed zone H, the doors are locked. Departures H is the moniker for the non-Schengen area, so a trip through passport control is required. Plan accordingly if you’re flying outside the Schengen zone — there is no shortcut through the lounge.
Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich - Franz-Josef Strauss (MUC) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Miles & More Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Eurowings BEST fare passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings SMART fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on the same flight as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Star Alliance.
When flying Star Alliance.
You may have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
|Air Dolomiti (EN)||Discover Airlines (4Y)||Luxair (LG)|
4.0 / 5, based on 28 reviews