The Lufthansa Business Lounge in the non-Schengen area serves Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business class passengers traveling beyond Europe’s Schengen zone. Star Alliance Gold members enjoy access to the adjacent and slightly better appointed Senator Lounge.
Lufthansa Business Lounge MUC design
The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich airport’s Terminal 2 Satellite in the non-Schengen zone bears a striking resemblance with the airline’s latest lounges worldwide, but with a number of notable enhancements, and a welcome focus on privacy.
The floor layout aims at maximizing natural light in the seating areas. The business center and the TV room are located immediately behind the reception desk, with the seating and dining zones in the rear, against a large floor to ceiling window. The lounge boasts grand views of the tarmac.
The décor emphasizes neutral and Earth tones, with elegant hardwood floors, wood panels, and LED lighting throughout.
The main seating area emphasizes privacy, with—ugly, but functional—dividers between rows of seats, as well as side tables at every seat. The dining area features booths as well as traditional dining table. The layout hits the right balance between space efficiency and privacy. Power outlets are located at every seat in the seating area—mostly of the western-European type, but some universal plus can be found too—although they’re sorely lacking in the dining room.
There are also two intimate booths embedded inside the wall across the TV room, providing a few patrons with an even more private environment.
The focal point of the design is the gorgeous bar flanking the window. Somewhat unconventional for a Lufthansa lounge, it boasts a back lit electric blue counter, swanky light fixtures, and a swanky display of bottles with the tarmac as the backdrop.
Overall, the new Lufthansa Business Lounge in non-Schengen zone of the new satellite terminal is a major upgrade over the Business Lounge in the main terminal by gate H24 which is dark, cavernous, and perpetually crowded.
Lufthansa Business Lounge MUC amenities
The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich airport’s Terminal 2 Satellite in the non-Schengen area boasts a strong range of amenities.
The buffet spread, a highlight of Lufthansa lounges worldwide, includes a selection of snacks, appetizers, salads, as well as cold and hot entrees with with an emphasis on German fare.
Patrons will also find a Vivreau water tap, an assortment of soft drinks and juices in glass bottles, a selection of wines and spirits, and an espresso machine. A variety of cocktails (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and barista service are available at the bar.
The convenient business center offers a substantial number of partitioned work spaces with power outlets, as well as a copier/printer is available. Wi-Fi is complimentary.
Several pristine shower suites are available. Each comes with a sink, toilet, plenty of space to change, a full length mirror, and a Hans Grove massaging shower head. Amenities such as a toothbrush, a comb, and a razor are provided.
Other amenities include secure baggage lockers in the reception area, and a selection of newspapers and magazines.
Lufthansa Business Lounge MUC bottom line
The non-Schengen Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich airport’s Terminal 2 Satellite is a model of efficiency and comfort. The grand views and wide range of amenities, including shower suites and bar service, make it an enjoyable place to wait for a flight.
The new Lufthansa Business Lounge in the satellite building is far superior to its counterpart in the main terminal. Even if you’re departing from the main terminal, it may be worth hopping on the brief train ride to the satellite building to get away from the crowds, time permitting.
For more details on the new Lufthansa Lounges at the new MUC Terminal 2 Satellite building, see our blog post.
You may have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich - Franz-Josef Strauss (MUC) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers, departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members, departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers, departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers, departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers, departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Lufthansa Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair).
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on a same-day Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight, and must leave the lounge at the same time as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian
When flying Star Alliance
When flying Star Alliance. Worldwide membership only.