COVID-19 closure: Lufthansa Business Lounge is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when Lufthansa Business Lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- CLOSED TEMPORARILYFood:
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
With the opening of the new Terminal 2 Satellite building at Munich airport in 2016, Lufthansa unveiled five new Lufthansa lounges, including two Business Lounges in the Schengen and non-Schengen zones.
The Lufthansa Business Lounge in the Schengen area serves Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business class passengers traveling within Europe’s Schengen zone. Star Alliance Gold members are invited to use the adjacent and slightly better appointed Senator Lounge.
Lufthansa Business Lounge MUC design
The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich airport’s Terminal 2 Satellite in the Schengen zone features the airline’s latest décor, which the airline has faithfully replicated worldwide with few variations overall.
The ensemble is functional to a fault, yet relatively warm and convivial thanks to the use of Earth and natural tones. A few visual highlights such as the droplet shaped hanging light fixtures above the buffet and the large-scale photos of forest scenery break the slight monotony of the décor.
In order to maximize daylight in the main seating area, Lufthansa has placed the business center near the entrance.
Past the business center and TV room is an open seating area with comfortable seats in shades of beige, which are outfitted with Western European power outlets and USB plugs. The layout emphasizes privacy, with side tables between most seats, and—grim looking, but highly functional—partitions between rows. Close to the business center are two private booths embedded in the wall.
The dining area boasts a large floor to ceiling window with views over the tarmac and a convivial seating arrangement with booths and individual dining tables. Unfortunately, power points, which are plentiful in the main seating area, are nowhere to be seen in the dining room.
The best feature, however, is simply the relative peace of the space. Unlike the overcrowded and hectic Business Lounge in the main terminal by gate G28, the Lufthansa Business Lounge in the satellite building is typically quiet and serene—at least for now, while Lufthansa is still ramping up its flight schedule at the new satellite.
Lufthansa Business Lounge MUC amenities
The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich airport’s Terminal 2 Satellite in the Schengen zone offers an outstanding set of amenities for relatively short-distance travel.
The buffet spread features a range of snacks, appetizers, salads, cold and hot entrees with an emphasis on German specialties, as well as desserts, with a good balance between healthy and heartier fare. Several wines are available, as well as a selection of soft drinks, and an espresso machine.
The business center is equipped with tabletop seating with privacy dividers, power outlets, and a copier/printer. Wi-Fi is complimentary.
Several beautifully appointed shower suites are available and come with a sink, toilet, and a Hans Grove massaging shower head. Amenities such as toothbrush, comb, and razor are available upon request.
Other amenities include secure baggage lockers in the reception area, as well as a selection of newspapers and magazines.
Lufthansa Business Lounge MUC bottom line
The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich airport’s Terminal 2 Satellite in the Schengen zone is a comfortable and well-appointed lounge, with an excellent range of amenities for short-haul flights. At this time, the club is also much quieter than its counterpart in the main terminal building by gate G28. Time permitting, it might be worth hopping on the train to the satellite building to escape the crowds.
For more details on the new Lufthansa Lounges at the new MUC Terminal 2 Satellite building, see our blog post.
You may have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EGYPTAIR (MS) EVA Air (BR) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Airways (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
Air Dolomiti (EN) Luxair (LG)
Lufthansa Business Lounge at Munich - Franz-Josef Strauss (MUC) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers, departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members, departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers, departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers, departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers, departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Miles & More Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Eurowings BEST fare passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings SMART fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on a same-day Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight, and must leave the lounge at the same time as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Star Alliance.
When flying Star Alliance.
When flying Lufthansa, Swiss, or Austrian