The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Berlin Tegel airport, located before security by the checkin desks on the top floor (take the stairs or the elevator), shares an entrance with the adjacent Lufthansa Senator Lounge, which is reserved for Miles&More Senator and Star Alliance Gold members.
Lufthansa Business Lounge TXL design
There is nothing remotely exciting about the design of the Lufthansa Business Lounge: it is plain, utilitarian, and typical of previous generation clubs, with alternating blue and beige chairs, grey walls, and a signature industrial looking buffet. Yet, entering the Lufthansa Business lounge is like escaping hell and seeking refuge in a sanctuary: the space is a haven compared to the chaos of the narrow concourse. It also happens to be quieter and less busy than the adjacent Senator Lounge, which draws a larger crowd given its more expansive buffet.
The space benefits from plenty of natural light, with windows all around, though the views on the airport grounds and parking lot are somewhat underwhelming. Translucent curtains help prevent excess sunlight and glare.
Ample seating is available, though power outlets are sorely missing. (Look on the wall behind you, in some cases.) The relatively convoluted layout of the space, with many angles, means that many seats offer a comfortable amount of privacy. For laptop users, there is a small business center with a few cubicles.
Lufthansa Business Lounge TXL amenities
The buffet offers a wide selection of drinks, including self-service soda, beer on tap, and liquor, as well as a salad bar, and a few appetizers, snacks, and entrees. Nearby is a dining area with café style seating. For a non-hub lounge, that’s a pretty generous selection, which is suitable for a simple meal on the ground.
Other amenities include a luminous smoking room with a window, as well as newspapers and magazines.
Lufthansa Business Lounge TXL bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Business Lounge at Berlin Tegel airport is a haven of quietness and privacy, away from the busy concourse and depressing gate areas. The design is anything but warm and inviting, but the food and beverage selection makes up for it. Note that the lounge is located landside, so be sure to allocate time to go through security.
You may have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
Eurowings (EW) Luxair (LG)
Lufthansa Business Lounge at Berlin - Tegel (TXL) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers, departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members, departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers, departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers, departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers, departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Lufthansa Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair).
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on a same-day Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight, and must leave the lounge at the same time as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Star Alliance
When flying Star Alliance. Worldwide membership only.
- 3.5Based on 26 ReviewsPhillip S.2019-07-23 22:56:12Really. Don't bother. This is the most outdated, inadequate lounge on the planet. Even the two staff stood in front of the bar area talking while a cue...Sunil R.2018-07-17 12:03:07Some quiet in the madness of the airport. Good food options...they had meatballs, pulled pork, salad, fruits and pretzel. Decent win selection as well.Christina M.2018-06-26 07:57:23This is a small lounge, though, TXL is a small airport. Not much choice for vegans, but they have tea and pretzels (these may or may not be vegan--I didn't...Hu K.2015-08-30 03:53:21Like others said, it doesn't have extensive food variety as other LH lounges. Basics are the same. Same espresso machine, some wine, beer and nibbles....