- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Baggage storage
- Barista coffee
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Lufthansa Senator Lounge MUC design
Opened just a few years ago, the lounge features a modern and pleasant design which departs from Lufthansa’s legacy utilitarian design language. While windows are sorely lacking — the only source of natural light is a narrow glass wall behind the bar — the play of shapes and colors combined with carefully designed lighting fosters a soothing, welcoming ambiance.
The reception desk is located in a hallway that opens onto a large, rectangular space, with a layout that balances openness with efficiency. To the right when entering is an informal relaxation zone with comfortable recliners and low coffee tables. Then, right across is the main seating and dining area which combines high tables with barstools and café style seating, with power outlets at every seat. In back of the room next to the bar is a business center with a few self-service computers.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge MUC amenities
If you’re hungry or thirsty, you’re in for a treat. The buffet offers a broad selection of tasty snacks, appetizers, salads, cold and hot entrees and desserts, including a few traditional Lufthansa treats such as gummy bears. A wide range of soft and alcoholic drinks is available, including Champagne. But the large espresso bar adjacent to the buffet steals the show. There, a barista will craft the drink of your choice, which you may spice up at your leisure. If coffee’s not your thing, the assortment of smoothies and other concoctions will most likely satisfy your sweet tooth.
Another highlight is the clean and well run shower suites. Each suite features a shower, sink, toilet, and plenty of space to undress and store bags. Amenities such as toothpaste, shaving cream, comb and lotion are all provided. Be sure to inquire early should there be a wait.
Other amenities include magazines and newspaper, and a kiosk to lookup your Miles & More statement. There’s also a small Worldshop display featuring a selection of Lufthansa branded and duty free products, though you may only browse and not purchase.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge MUC bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Munich airport by gate G24 (Schengen) is by far Lufthansa’s best appointed and most elegant lounge at Munich airport, save for the Lufthansa First Class Lounge, of course. Despite a few shortcomings such as the lack of windows, it is truly a luxurious facility, given that it only serves short-haul European flights. The lounge is quite popular and can be busy at peak times. A typically quieter alternative is the Senator Café in the vicinity of gate G28, which features the same espresso bar setup, minus the other amenities and crowds.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Munich - Franz-Josef Strauss (MUC) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle Members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil.)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil.)
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Eurowings SMART and BEST fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on the same flight as the passenger who invited them.
You may have access to Lufthansa Senator Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
|Air Dolomiti (EN)||Discover Airlines (4Y)||Luxair (LG)|