The Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Berlin Tegel airport, located before security by the checkin desks, on the top floor (take the stairs or the elevator) welcomes Miles and More Senator members as well as Star Alliance Gold passengers. Other eligible passengers may use the adjacent Lufthansa Business Lounge. At Berlin Tegel, low expectations are paramount — the decrepit airport hardly meets any international standards. Yet, Lufthansa’s full-service lounges do not disappoint.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge TXL design
Physically, the Senator Lounge is a long and occasionally narrow room, which seems to stretch forever. For a lounge at a non-hub location, it is surprisingly large, and therefore reasonably quiet, unlike many Senator Lounges worldwide which tend to get crowded. Windows on both sides let plenty of natural light in, with views on the grim concourse on one side and of the airport grounds on the other side.
The design is typical of previous-generation Senator Lounges, which is to say that it focuses on efficiency more than on visual appeal. Ample seating is available, with lamps and power outlets at every seat. Seats towards the back of the room tend to offer additional privacy, but the seating arrangenent is spacious enough throughout. Towards the center of is a dining area with café-style seating, while immediately upon entering is a small business center with six work cubicles.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge TXL amenities
The highlight of the lounge is the extensive food and beverage offering. The buffet features a selection of appetizers, a salad bar, cold and hot entrees, and desserts. In addition, seasonal carts offer cooked to order German specialties. On the drinks front, beer is on tap and the selection includes prosecco. This strong offering puts the Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Berlin Tegel airport in line with Lufthansa‘s clubs at major hubs such as Frankfurt and Munich.
Other amenities include a luminous smoking room with a window; newspapers and magazines, and coat hangers throughout. The bathroom is a lowlight, especially by Lufthansa‘s standards — the facility is pretty tired looking and was hardly clean when we visited. There are no showers at this location.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge TXL bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Berlin Tegel airport is a haven of comfort and service, away from the ugly concourse and depressing gate areas. While it doesn’t have the panache of the latest Senator Lounges at the Frankfurt and Munich hubs, it offers a spacious place to sit as well as a generous food and beverage selection.
Note that the lounge is located landside, so be sure to allocate time to go through security.
You may have access to Lufthansa Senator Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Adria Airways (JP) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
Eurowings (EW) Luxair (LG)
Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Berlin - Tegel (TXL) welcomes:Guest policy
View detailed access rules at lufthansa.com
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers, departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle Members, departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers, departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers, departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
- 4.0Based on 12 ReviewsL L.2019-07-26 22:28:08This lounge is great considering the procedures that the airlines used here. You can have a place to sit and relax a bit before they cram you up in the...James G.2018-09-06 23:30:44Decent selection of food and drink (standard fare for Germany: better than normal US lounges but probably nothing special if you're used to Germany!)Not...Captain K.2011-01-21 02:28:10Enough room to work, snack and chill. Friendly staff. No free WiFi 🙁
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.