The award-winning Qantas International First Lounge at Melbourne International Airport was designed by internationally-renowned Qantas Creative Director Marc Newson. The club features a restaurant and dining areas with menus created by Neil Perry, spa treatment rooms and showers, a library, business facilities, and a concierge service. Oak sculptures split the lounge space into distinct areas. The club is furnished with deep red, black and brown leather chairs, recliners and sofas by Italy’s Poltrana Frau. The marble-lined shower suites come with stereo volume and lighting controls, radiant heating, and luggage racks.
Food and beverages
48-seat open kitchen restaurant with menus by Neil Perry, bar service, barista service.
Business facilities with 11 PC workstations; two private work suites with conference facilities and plasma display screens; library area stocked with a comprehensive assortment of newspapers and magazines, novels and picture books and board games including chess and backgammon; shower facilities; Payot Paris day spa offering a range of complimentary treatments from a 30-minute express energising facial to a 50-minute full body massage; dedicated entertainment zone with banks of plasma screens showing local and international news, sport and weather, and Sony Playstation 3 and Playstation Portable entertainment systems.
You may have access to Qantas International First Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
American Airlines (AA) British Airways (BA) Cathay Dragon (KA) Cathay Pacific (CX) Finnair (AY) Iberia (IB) Japan Airlines (JL) LATAM Airlines Brasil (JJ) LATAM Airlines Chile (LA) Malaysia Airlines (MH) Qantas (QF) Qatar Airways (QR) Royal Jordanian (RJ) S7 Airlines (S7) SriLankan (UL)
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following SkyTeam member airlines only.
China Eastern (MU)
Emirates (EK) Jetstar (JQ)
Qantas International First Lounge at Melbourne - International (MEL) welcomes:
- Qantas and Emirates First Class passengers connecting to a from a same-day Qantas or Emirates international flight (+1 guest travelling on the same flight)
- Qantas Platinum One and Platinum frequent flyers departing on a same-day flight operated by Qantas, Jetstar Airlines or another oneworld airline (+1 guest travelling on the same flight)
- Emirates Platinum Skyward members departing on a same-day Qantas or Emirates flight (+1 guest travelling on the same flight)
- First class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Qantas Platinum One frequent flyers departing on a same-day flight operated by Qantas, Jetstar Airlines+ or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Qantas Platinum frequent flyers departing on a same-day flight operated by Qantas, Jetstar Airlines+ or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld Emerald members departing on a same-day flight a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Guests must be departing on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
- American Airlines AAdvantage® members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.