COVID-19 closure: Star Alliance First Class lounge is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when Star Alliance First Class lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary full service restaurant
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
The Star Alliance First Class lounge at Los Angeles airport’s Tom Bradley International Terminal welcomes Star Alliance First Class and VIP customers departing on international flights.
Guests enter through a dedicated lobby at the top of the Time Tower escalators, across the entrance to the Star Alliance Business Class lounge,
Star Alliance First Class lounge LAX design
Privacy, intimacy, and subdued elegance are the hallmark of the Star Alliance First Class lounge at Los Angeles airport.
A marvel of understated modern luxury, the lobby greets visitors with hardwood floors, a Eames accent chair, fresh flowers, and a striking designer light fixture.
The receptionist happily offers a brief orientation; after which guests are welcome to find a seat, enjoy an a-la-carte meal in the dedicated restaurant area, or wander inside the adjacent Business Class lounge, where most amenities are located.
Indeed, with seating for just about 30 patrons, the First Class lounge is an intimate and cozy space, and a far cry from the expansive Business Class section that spreads across 18,000 square feet. It’s typically eerily quiet, though, with just a handful of guests at most.
The serene, living-room inspired decor balances soothing Earth tones with clean lines and angular furniture. Floor-to-ceiling windows let abundant daylight in, though there are no views to speak of. Mesh curtains elegantly obscure the adjacent utilitarian structures.
The inviting seating arrangement favors groups, with a sofa, and clusters of armchairs around coffee tables. In reality, the low traffic means that solo passengers will find plenty of privacy and space to spread out.
Star Alliance First Class lounge LAX amenities
The Star Alliance First Class lounge at Los Angeles airport features exclusive amenities for First Class customers. The adjacent Business Class lounge complements the offering with a range of world-class amenities.
Guests will find a buffet featuring a small selection of carefully presented bite-sized snacks, appetizers, and entrees. For the heartier appetite, Star Alliance offers complimentary full-service dining in an elegant restaurant section. Highlights include avocado toast and tuna poke nachos; the menu also features all-time favorites such as burgers and flatbreads.
All drinks are self-service; though servers will happily fetch drinks from the staffed bar in the Business Class lounge. Alcoholic drinks include Belvedere vodka, Woodford Reserve whiskey, and Hendrik’s gin, as well as white and rose Champagne—an enjoyable yet modest selection for First Class overall.
Two over sized bathrooms are located in the rear of the lounge.
At any time, patrons can visit the adjacent Business Class lounge through a connecting door, where they’ll find an extensive range of amenities including an outdoor terrace overlooking the Hollywood hills with fire pits and a wet bar, an indoor terrace suspended above the terminal’s atrium, a media room, and shower suites. As enjoyable as the First Class lounge may be, the business class lounge is a must see. The dual setup combines the thrill of the LA-inspired Business Class section with the privacy of the First Class area.
As expected from LA, the Star Alliance First Class Lounge also boasts two elegant, adjoining VIP that can be combined into a single larger room. Located to the right of the reception desk, with discrete doors that the casual visitor is unlikely to notice, both rooms are furnished with exquisite Eames and Vitra furniture, and feature couches, a side console, and a TV. The room closer to the entrance lacks natural light, though, so we like to think it’s reserved for the B list 😉
Star Alliance First Class lounge LAX bottom line
The Star Alliance First Class lounge at Los Angeles airport is a high-end lounge which provides ample privacy in a quiet, modern and elegant setting.
First Class passengers may tailor their experience and enjoy the many amenities of the beautiful Business Class lounge, then to retreat to the serenity and privacy of the First Class Lounge, and dine at the full-service restaurant.
Qantas runs a substantially larger and highly acclaimed First Class lounge on the lower floor for oneworld passengers, yet the Star Alliance First Class lounge is much more private and exclusive, and the overall range of amenities is unparalleled at LAX.
For information on other lounges at LAX, possible alternatives, and connections between terminals, check out our Definitive Guide to the LAX Lounge Scene.
All food and beverages are complimentary. Meals are served a-la-carte in the restaurant area.
- The “de Havilland” Omelet: 3 eggs, spinach, bacon, mushroom, avocado, pepper jack cheese
- The “Airbus” Sandwich: fried eff, provolone, prosciutto, spinach, tomato, pesto mayo
- The “Boeing” Beef Burger: brie cheese, balsamic onion, mixed greens, garlic aioli, waffle fries
- The “Cessna” Salad: sirloin steak, fig, green apple heirloom tomato, blue cheese, white balsamic vinaigrette
- The “Piper” flatbread: fresh mozarella, heirloom tomato, basil, balsamic, olive oil
Snacks, salads, and desserts
- Avocado Toast, heirloom tomato, red onion, feta, truffle oil, black pepper
- Tuna Poke Nachos, avocado, sesame, Sriacha crema, Serrano, cilantro
- Shrimp Cocktail, tomato chile dipping sauce, lemon wedge, crackers
- Kale Salad, strawberry, red onion, goat cheese, honey lemon vinaigrette
- Korean Street Tacos, beef Bulgogi, cucumber, scallion, garlic, sesame, soy
- Antipasti, assortment of cured meat, cheese, and vegetable
- Vegan Fresh Spring Rolls, rice noodle, carrot, cucumber, cilantro, sweet chili
- Mango Sticky Rice, toasted coconut, sesame
- House made chocolate chip ice cream sandwich
You may have access to Star Alliance First Class lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
Star Alliance First Class lounge at Los Angeles, CA - Los Angeles International (LAX) welcomes:
- First Class passengers, departing the same day on an international flight from the local airport, operated by a Star Alliance member airline. Customers may bring one guest departing the same day on a flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline
- Customers holding an invitation issued by an airline.