COVID-19 closure: United Arrivals Lounge is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when United Arrivals Lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary cooked-to-order meals
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Air conditioning
- Clothes pressing
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
The United Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow offers Business Class passengers arriving on United, Air Canada and South African Airways the ability to shower and enjoy a full breakfast. The club allows travelers to start their day refreshed and maximize sleep by skipping breakfast on board, should they wish to do so.
The Arrivals Lounge London is one of United’s only two Arrivals facilities worldwide—the other being located in San Francisco—and reflects the importance of the London market for the North American carrier.
The Arrivals Lounge is located outside security. Follow the signs to Arrivals, then Terminal 2 Arrivals, then go through immigration and customs. You’ll find the club immediately outside customs, to the left. If you are connecting on a Star Alliance flight, you are welcome to use the lounge but you may want to remain airside and use the United Club instead—the Club are even fancier.
Design and amenities
The United Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow features a small dining area, as well as numerous shower suites.
The dining area, which sports United’s latest United Club design, is modern yet simple, with dining tables, egg chairs, traditional arm chairs, and tabletop seating. The room lacks windows and a few pillars are oddly placed, but it’s bright and relaxing, with modern LED lighting—and the lack of windows is hardly an issue for short stays. USB and power outlets are readily available.
The many shower suites feature an elegant and modern design. The sparkling white rooms come with a sink, toilet, and a large walk-in shower with a sliding glass door, handheld shower, and rain shower. Posh towels are provided, along with Cowshed bath products and slippers, a razor, and a toothbrush. The water temperature and pressure are both excellent, and the ventilation system is effective.
If you don’t need to shower, the large bathroom stalls come with a sink and plenty of room to change.
Breakfast wise, patrons may choose an assortment of pastries, breakfast sandwiches, cereal, appetizing smoothies and yoghurt parfaits from the buffet. If you have a bit of time, consider ordering a complimentary cooked-to-order item from the menu. The selection includes eggs any style, muesli, and a full English breakfast. (Hint: the full menu is located by the buffet.) Naturally, an espresso machine is available, as well as a variety of teas.
Other amenities include a selection of newspapers and magazines.
United Arrivals Lounge LHR bottom line
The United Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 2 (“The Queen’s Terminal”) is an excellent intimate lounge with a substantial breakfast selection, spacious and well appointed shower suites, and helpful staff.
The United Arrivals Lounge may be lower key than British Airway’s sprawling Arrivals lounge in Terminal 5—which boasts a spa, soaking tubs, and a separate dining room for first class and a business center—but it is far more modern and elegant. Don’t miss a chance to indulge!
The following a sample menu; selections are subject to change. All food and beverages are complimentary.
A la carte
- Oatmeal porridge with banana, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Fresh fruit salad
- Superfood yoghurt: goji berries, sunflower seeds, sesame, chia, linseed, berry compote, agave syrup
- Brioche french toast with Greek youghurt, berry compote, mixed flower honey
- Ham hock bowl: shredded Ham Hock, truffled cheese sauce, poached eg, watercrest and toast
- Smoked salmon bowl with smashed avocado, ripe tomato and poached egg
- Grilled Halloumi bowl with mushroom, baked beans and poached egg
- Breakfast rolls with Cumberland sausage or grilled bacon
- Breakfast panini with sausage, bacon and smoked Applewood cheese
- Triple berry smoothie
- Blended oatmeal and vanilla smoothie
- Chia, coconut, mango, spinach energizer pot
- Poached fruits, cherry yoghurt granola energizer pot
- Apple and blueberry bircher muesli energizer pot
- Beet, grapefruit and carrot salad with Balsamic dressing and crumbled feta energizer pot
- Selection of warm Danish pastries and croissants
- Triple chocolate tulip muffin
- Blueberry crumble tulip muffin
- Toffee and apple tulip muffin
- Boston brownie
- Honey oatmeal flapjack
- Selection of breads and bagels
You may have access to United Arrivals Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following Star Alliance member airlines only.
|Air Canada (AC)||South African Airways (SA)||United (UA)|
United Arrivals Lounge at London - Heathrow (LHR) welcomes:
- United Polaris business class passengers arriving on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- United Global Services members arriving on a same-day United international flight in any class of service.
- Air Canada Business passengers arriving on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eligible Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K members arriving on a same-day Air Canada flight (+1 guest.)
- South African Airways Business class passengers, Voyager Life Time Platinum & Platinum cardholders (no guests.)
The United Arrivals Lounge is not a Star Alliance Gold lounge. Passengers holding Star Alliance Gold status or arriving on other Star Alliance airlines may not use the Arrivals Lounge.
4.0 / 5, based on 15 reviews