The United Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow offers premium passengers of United, Air Canada and South African Airways the ability to shower and enjoy a full breakfast upon their arrival in London in the morning. The club allows travelers to start their day refreshed and maximize sleeping time onboard by skipping breakfast.
The lounge is one of United’s only two Arrivals facilities worldwide – the other being located in San Francisco – and reflects the importance of the London market for the North American carrier.
The Arrivals Lounge is located landside. Follow the signs to Arrivals, then Terminal 2 Arrivals, then go through immigration and customs. You’ll find the club immediately outside customs, to the left. If you are connecting on a Star Alliance flight, you are welcome to use the lounge but you may want to remain airside and use the United Club instead, which features even fancier showers.
Design and amenities
The United Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow features a small dining area, as well as numerous shower suites.
The dining area, which sports United’s latest United Club design, is modern yet simple, with dining tables, egg chairs, traditional arm chairs, and tabletop seating. The room lacks windows and a few pillars are oddly placed, but it’s bright and relaxing, with modern LED lighting – and the lack of windows is hardly an issue for short stays. USB and power outlets are readily available.
The many shower suites feature an elegant and modern design. The sparkling white rooms come with a sink, toilet, and a large walk-in shower with a sliding glass door, handheld shower, and rain shower. Posh towels are provided, along with Cowshed bath products and slippers, a razor and a toothbrush. The water temperature and pressure are both excellent, and the ventilation system is effective.
If you don’t need to shower, the large bathroom stalls come with a sink and plenty of room to change.
Breakfast wise, patrons may choose an assortment of pastries, breakfast sandwiches, cereal, appetizing smoothies and yoghurt parfaits from the buffet. If you have a bit of time, consider ordering a complimentary cooked to order item from the menu. The selection includes eggs any style, muesli, and a full English breakfast. (Hint: the full menu is located by the buffet.) Naturally, an espresso machine is available, as well as a variety of teas.
Other amenities include a selection of newspapers and magazines.
United Arrivals Lounge LHR bottom line
Overall, the United Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 2 (“The Queen’s Terminal”) is a small but excellent lounge, with a substantial breakfast selection, spacious and well appointed shower suites, and helpful staff.
The United Arrivals Lounge may be lower key than British Airway’s sprawling Arrivals lounge in Terminal 5 – which includes a spa, soaking tubs, a separate dining room for first class and a business center – but it is far more modern and elegant. The United Arrivals Lounge gets relatively little use, so don’t miss a chance to indulge.
The following a sample menu; selections are subject to change. All food and beverages are complimentary.
From the kitchen
- Traditional porridge oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins.
- English breakfast: poached or scrambled eggs, Lincolnshire sausage, grilled streaky bacon, plum tomatoes, field mushrooms and baked beans. Served with white or wholemeal toast.
- Eggs Benedict or Florentine: poached free range egg, a toasted English muffin with ham or spinach glazed with Hollandaise sauce.
- Scottish smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and chives served on a toasted bagel.
- Breakfast rolls, your choice of Lincolnshire sausage, grilled streaky bacon or free range omelet with cheese, served with ketchup or brown sauce.
- American style pancakes, maple syrup and walnuts.
- Passion fruit and mango smoothie.
- Beetroot, lime and apple juice.
- Berry smoothie.
- Fruit salad.
- Traditional Bircher muesli topped with blueberries.
- Ham and Emmental cheese croissant.
- Plum tomato and cheese croissant.
- Yoghurt honey and granola pots.
- Semi skimmed milk.
You may have access to United Arrivals Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following Star Alliance member airlines only.
Air Canada (AC) South African Air (SA) United (UA)
The following passengers have access:This is not a Star Alliance Gold lounge. Passengers holding Star Alliance Gold status or arriving on other Star Alliance airlines may not use this facility.
- United Polaris business class passengers arriving on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- United Global Services members arriving on a same-day United international flight in any class of service.
- Air Canada Business passengers arriving on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eligible Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K or Elite 50K members arriving on a same-day Air Canada flight (+1 guest.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club Worldwide cardholders arriving on a same-day Air Canada flight (+1 guest.)
- South African Airways Business class passengers, Voyager Life Time Platinum & Platinum cardholders (no guests.)
- 4.5Based on 8 ReviewsStephen K.2018-06-19 07:45:25Good food free beer seats were comfy. Lots of plug-ins Not to crowded Even a couple of places to lay down.Erika T.2017-05-17 00:44:15Exactly what you need when you arrive off an overnight flight. Great showers. Nice lounge and breakfast optionsTip - get here as quickly as you can as...Hu K.2016-11-19 07:17:25Great lounge!! Shower service didn't have long wait and they also have ironing service. In addition to standard breakfast items like yogurt, muesli,...
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.