Lounge closed: The United Club before security has closed permanently. United has moved to Terminal B Eastern Concourse, where eligible customers will find a spacious new United Club with a vastly enhanced food selection.
While United operates a large hub at Newark, the airline maintains a token presence at LaGuardia, with short haul domestic service. While not fancy by any means, the United Club at New York LGA is a pleasant amenity and a welcome reprise from the rather dreadful terminal building.
United Club LGA design
The large rectangular lounge features a dated but well-maintained and serene design, with comfortable seats and a reasonably sparse layout. Most seats come with a small individual side table, and power outlets are available throughout.
A long window walls lets plenty of natural light in and offers great views on the tarmac.
Due to United’s relatively low traffic out of LaGuardia, the United Club typically doesn’t get too busy. Outside peak times, it’s extremely calm and private.
United Club LGA amenities
The food and drink selection is typical of domestic United Clubs. In the morning, a continental breakfast spread is available, which is followed by soups, salads and snacks throughout the day. While no substitution for a meal, the selection is tasty and relatively substantial.
Well drinks and house wines are complimentary, while premium beverages may be purchased from the bar. Soft drinks are a conveniently available from a self-service cooler.
In lieu of traditional cramped work cubicles, the business center offers full size, elegant desks with ergonomic chairs, lamps, phones and power outlets. If traffic is a concern, it’s well worth arriving at the airport early to enjoy those spacious accommodations.
United Club LGA bottom line
Overall, the United Club at New York LaGuardia is a pretty modest lounge. While the design and amenities are pretty unremarkable, the lounge does offer all the essentials, including comfortable seating, tasty snacks, well appointed workspaces, and Wi-Fi. The main flaw of the club is its location outside security – which is unfortunately a common trait of lounges at LGA. Make sure to leave early and allow plenty of time to reach your gate.
All food items are complimentary. Soft drinks, house wines and well drinks are complimentary, while premium drinks are available for purchase. All selections and pricing are subject to change.
Breakfast (until approximately 10am)
- Banana nut breakfast bread, mini corn muffin, selection of bagels, sliced whole wheat bread, rye bread and white bread, served with butter, cream cheese and preserves.
- Fresh cut honeydew and cantaloupe.
- Rotating: fresh blackberries, fresh cut pineapple, orange segments, minted grapefruit segments.
- Whole apples and bananas.
- Greek vanilla yoghurt.
- Selection of cereals: Raisin Bran, Cheerios, Special K and Corn Flakes; whole milk, semi-skimmed milk.
- Orange juice, grapefruit juice, cranberry juice.
- Assorted teas with steeping ingredients: honey, lemon, fresh mint, sliced ginger
- Citrus infused water (lemon, orange, lime)
- Rotating soup 1: Chicken corn chowder with sweet peppers, mushroom onion bisque; Cheddar cheese and beer; Chicken noodle; Beef pot roast; Butternut squash; Beef barley.
- Rotating soup 2: Mushroom onion bisque; Roasted vegetable; Southwestern vegetarian chili; Broccoli and cheddar; Italian wedding; Roasted tomato and red pepper.
- Fresh chopped herbs, chopped green onions, croutons, baked tortilla strips, whole wheat crackers, whole wheat roll, and seeded parker house roll.
- Salads: Spring, romaine, kale mixed green; Chopped tomatoes; Sliced red onions; Sliced cucumbers; Shredded carrots, served with LF ranch, honey mustard, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Rotating signature composed salads: Tuscan bean; Honey bean barley; Wheat berry crunch; Cranberry quinoa and pumpkin; Tri‐color chickpea; Pad Thai.
- Rotating desserts: Lemon bars, Toffee brownie bites; Oreo brownie bites; Blondie bites; Melt-a-way bar; Carrot cake bars.
- Double chocolate chip cookies.
- Whole apples and bananas.
- Cheeses: Swiss, Cheddar.
- Rotating artisanal feature item: Wheel of parmesan; Chandoka; Smoked gouda; Fontina; Brie; Ementhaler.
- Crudites: carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumber slices, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing.
- Mediterranean board: prosciutto, chorizo, salami, mortadella, served with capers, gherkins, whole grain Pomery mustard, sliced baguettes.
- Mediterranean board rotating options: Sopressata, Capicola; Bresaola; Pate or terrine.
- Snack mix: 4 hour power trail mix (cashews, pumpkin seeds, golden raisons, dried blueberries.)
- Hydration station: citrus infused water (lemon, orange, lime.)
- Water, soft drinks and juices.
- Red Bull and Red Bull sugar free.
- Coffee, espresso, latte, cappuccino, tea, hot chocolate.
- House red and white wines.
- Prosecco: Mionetto.
- Vodka: Smirnoff.
- Red Gin: Beefeater.
- Rum: Cruzan.
- Whiskey: Evan Williams, Black Label.
- Scotch: Cutty Sark.
- Beer: Miller Lite, Bud Lite, Budweiser.
- That Toddlin’ Town: Chicago distilled Koval Four Grain Whiskey, Rare Tea Cellar Sicilian Blood Orange Tea, Balsam American Amaro, Strawberry, Citrus and Mint: $10
- The Hanky Panky: A modern twist on the classic 1903 cocktail first introduced at London’s Savoy Hotel American Bar Hendrick’s Gin, Blood Orange, Sweet Vermouth, Fernet Branca, and Rosemary: $10
- Basil Raspberry Margarita: Delightfully refreshing with a hint of the unexpected Patron Reposado, Lemon, Lime, Cointreau, Pure Agave, Raspberry Puree, fresh Basil & Salt Schmear on the side: $10
- Mule Cocktails: A delicious combination of house-made ginger beer, juicy lime and any spirt of your choice topped with aromatic bitters: $10
- Texas Mule: Tito’s Handmade Vodka and Angostura Bitters: $3
- Spicy & Stormy: Captain Morgan Rum and Dale DeGroff Aromatic Bitters: $3
- Orange Ginger: Veuve Cliquot Champagne and Regan’s Orange Bitters: $3
- London Buck: Bombay Sapphire Gin and Regan’s Orange Bitters: $3
- Presbyterian: The Duke Whiskey and Angostura Bitters: $3
- Moscow Mule: Grey Goose and Angostura Bitters Grand Marnier Float: $3
Premium beers and winesBeer
- Local craft: $3
- Blue Moon: $5
- Corona Extra: $5
- Goose Island 312: $5
- Heineken: $5
- Lagunitas IPA: $5
- Revolution Anti-Hero IPA: $5
- Sam Adams: $5
- Stella Artois: $5
- Esperto Pinot Grigio: $9
- Love Block Sauvignon Blanc: $12
- Moonlite White Blend: $9
- Rombauer Chardonnay: $15
- Fleur de Prairie Rose: $8
- Moet & Chandon Imperial Brut: $15 By the Glass
- Piper-Heidsieck Rose: $30 Half Bottle
- Layer Cake Pinot Noir: $9
- Decoy by Duckhorn Merlot: $9
- Motto Gun Ho Red Blend: $9
- Bonterra Zinfandel: $9
- Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon: $15
- Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Artemis Cabernet Sauvignon: $15
- Deep Eddy: $7
- Ketel One: $9
- Grey Goose: $12
- Bombay Sapphire: $9
- Hendrinck’s: $12
- Patron Silver: $9
- Patron Reposado: $12
Bourbon, Whiskey & Rye
- Bacardi: $7
- Captain Morgan: $7
Scotch & Cognac
- Jim Beam White Label: $7
- Buffalo Trace: $9
- Bulleit Rye $9
- Jameson: $9
- Crown Royal: $12
- Maker’s Mark: $12
- Glenfiddich 12 year: $12
- Courvoisier VS: $12
- Macallan 12 yr: $15
- Glenlivet Founde’s Reserve: $12
- Balvenie DoubleWood: $15
- Baileys: $7
- Campari: $7
- Cointreau: $7
You may have access to United Club as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
United Club at New York, NY - La Guardia International (LGA) welcomes:
- United Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by United or a Star Alliance member airline, or arriving on a United flight (+2 guests, or the member’s spouse and children under the age of 21.)
- United Polaris business class passengers departing or connecting (no guests)
- United Business passengers departing on a United transcontinental Premium Service flight at the origin and destination of their premium transcontinental flight (no guests)
- United Business passengers departing on an United international flight (to/from Mexico, Guam, Caribbean, Central America, Columbia and Ecuador) at departure, connecting and arrival airports (no guests)
- Business Class passengers departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (no guests)
- First Class passengers departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (+1 guest)
- United Premier Gold, Premium Platinum, Premier 1K, and Global Services members departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Star Alliance Gold Members (except United Premier members and above) departing on a domestic or international flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier in any class of service (+1 guest)
- United Club one-time pass holders (paper or electronic passes) (no guests)
- Active U.S. military personnel departing on a same day United flight (+family members)
- Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus and Select Executive members departing on a same day United flight (+1 guest and children under the age of 21.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (no guests for Air Canada Maple Leaf Club North America members, +1 guest for Air Canada Maple Leaf Club Worldwide members)
- Passengers in domestic First class do not receive United Club access. United Business passengers flying on a Premium Service flight between San Francisco/Boston, San Francisco/Newark, or Los Angeles/Newark receive access at the origin and destination of their premium transcontinental flight.
- A government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license, passport or military ID) may be required.
When flying Star Alliance. NA Plus and WW memberships only.
- 3.5Based on 23 ReviewsMike P.2018-06-19 21:42:30Been here 2x, not a bad lounge at all. Clean, well stocked and big. MY PROBLEM: For my 7 hour trip to Europe first class I am welcomed in with open arms,...Yuko H.2018-05-22 07:20:43Located at the outside the security, location makes it inconvenient as we have to give enough time to go through TSA prior to boarding. They have a TV...Teresa L.2018-05-03 07:23:07Great place for a stop if you have time to kill before your flight! Surrounded by handful of shops and diverse food selections. I decided to go for...