The new flagship Air New Zealand Koru Lounge at Auckland airport opened late September 2015. The design, conceived by Californian firm Gensler, builds upon the décor of the airline’s new acclaimed lounges in Sydney and Los Angeles (which is branded as a Star Alliance Lounge.)
The new space benefits from plenty of natural light as well as views of the tarmac. If airport views don’t cut it, large digital screens throughout display imagery of New Zealand.
Air New Zealand has placed an emphasis on the food beverage selection with food cooked to order in an open kitchen, a cocktail bar, New Zealand wines, barista service, and a large buffet offering hot and cold entrees.
Amenities include a media room, a large kids’ area modelled after a Kiwi tree house, an outdoor terrace with a living wall, and shower suites.
You may have access to Air New Zealand Koru Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Adria Airways (JP)||Aegean (A3)|
|Air Canada (AC)||Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)|
|Air New Zealand (NZ)||Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)|
|Avianca (AV)||Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)|
|Croatia Airlines (OU)||EVA Air (BR)||Egyptair (MS)|
|Ethiopian Airlines (ET)||LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)|
|SAS (SK)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Air (SA)||Swiss (LX)||TAP Portugal (TP)|
|Thai Airways (TG)||Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following oneworld member airlines only.
|Cathay Pacific (CX)|
|Virgin Australia (VA)|
Air New Zealand Koru Lounge at Auckland (AKL) welcomes:
- Air New Zealand Airpoints Gold and Elite members departing on:
- a same-day Air New Zealand flight.
- an eligible same-day Virgin Australia flight
- a same-day flight operated by Cathay Pacific with an Air New Zealand flight number between Auckland and Hong Kong.
- a same-day Singapore Airlines flight from Auckland or Christchurch with an Air New Zealand flight number.
- Airpoints Elite members may bring one guest when travelling on Star Alliance flights, and up to five guests when travelling on Air New Zealand flights.
- Air New Zealand Koru Club members departing on a same-day Air New Zealand flight (+1 guest.) Koru members flying on a Star Alliance partner airline may purchase access: up to 4 hrs $25; 4 hrs or more $45.
- Air New Zealand international Business Class passengers departing on a same-day flight.
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing on a same-day Air New Zealand or Star Alliance flight in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Star Alliance Business Class and First Class passengers departing on a same-day Air New Zealand or Star Alliance flight (+1 guest)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- All passengers departing on a same-day Air New Zealand flight, for a fee: up to 4 hours $35; 4 hours or more $55.
- Air New Zealand Airpoints Gold members may bring one guest; Elite members may bring up to five guests.
- Extra guest of Gold, Elite & Koru passengers: up to 4 hours $25; 4 hours or more $45.
- Guests must be departing on a same-day Air New Zealand flight.
When flying Star Alliance
When flying Star Alliance. Worldwide membership only.