The ANA Lounge at Sapporo New Chitose airport was remodeled in September 2017, as part of a wave of improvements to the Japanese carrier’s domestic service.
The investment also included the construction of a new, separate Suite Lounge for Diamond Service members and connecting international First Class passengers.
The lounges were designed by Japanese Architect Kengo Kuma.
Description courtesy of ANA:
Floor-to-ceiling windows on the east wall, which faces the runway, offer views of Hokkaido’s mountains and allow natural light in to create a bright, open space.
“The overall design concept of the new lounges is ‘Ichigo ichie’ (treasure every encounter as if it were once in a lifetime). This concept is based on the Japanese saying, with a new interpretation,” said Kengo Kuma.
“I hope to create a space embodying ANA’s trademark hospitality that blends Japan’s ‘history of beauty’ with refined designs that bring a ‘sparkling moment in time’ for each of the customers. At the lounge reception, I used washi (Japanese traditional paper) to build the ceiling to represent ‘clouds above the sky.’ Also the chandelier lights using Bohemian glass and long tables with green mosses can be found in the lounges to let customers feel the beauty of the nature of Hokkaido during their stay.”
You may have access to ANA Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Adria Airways (JP) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
ANA Lounge at Sapporo - New Chitose Airport (CTS) welcomes:Guests must be departing on a flight operated by ANA or another Star Alliance member. View detailed access rules at ana.co.jp
- ANA First class passengers (+1 guest)
- ANA Business class passengers (+1 guest)
- ANA Premium Economy passengers (no guest)
- ANA Diamond Service members, ANA Platinum Service members and ANA Super Flyers Card members departing on a flight operated by ANA or another Star Alliance member (+1 guest)
- First Class passengers departing on an international Star Alliance flight (+1 guest)
- Business Class passengers departing on an international Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Star Alliance Gold Members (+1 guest)
- United Club members departing on an international Star Alliance flight (no guest)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on an international Star Alliance flight (no guest)
When flying Star Alliance
When flying Star Alliance. Worldwide membership only.