COVID-19 closure: British Airways Terraces Lounge is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when British Airways Terraces Lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- CLOSED TEMPORARILYFood:
- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary soups
- Complimentary finger food
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
British Airways Terraces Lounge SEA design
Seattle-Tacoma airport’s first roof-top airline club, the British Airways Terraces lounge features a long window wall which boasts great views of the airport and surroundings. Back when the lounge was built in 2001, the location on top of the satellite concourse was truly innovative and the airline touted its $2.5 million price tag.
Years have passed, and we can’t help but feel a tad underwhelmed by this facility. Seating is dense, and the club gets quite crowded at peak departure times. The furniture, while comfortable, is somewhat old-fashioned (a trait of British Airways lounges!) and has seen better days. Power outlets are lacking, although a small business center with a few work cubicles and self-service PCs is located in the back of the lounge.
Design wise, the Terraces Lounge will be immediately familiar to British Airways flyers, with its typical blue armchairs, bookcase in the back, and hardwood floors in the bar area. The space is bright and airy, but otherwise unremarkable.
British Airways Terraces Lounge SEA amenities
Due to the Washington State law, the lounge does not offer self-serve alcohol. British Airways has made the most out of the situation: the bartender team has earned a reputation for their tasty and well crafted drinks, which are all complimentary.
However, the food selection disappoints – while this lounge exclusively serves long-haul international flights, it only offers basic snacks and a small assortment of shrink-wrapped mini-sandwiches.
A highlight of the lounge is the elaborate showers with multiple massaging jets. The elegant suites come with a toilet, plenty of space to change, towels, and Elemis bath products.
Other amenities include a bag storage area as well as plenty of newspapers and magazines.
British Airways Terraces Lounge SEA bottom line
Overall, while the British Airways Terraces lounge at Seattle-Tacoma airport offers the airport’s best views and shower suites, the seating area and food options fail to impress, especially at peak times. If you can, show up for your flight as late as possible and skip the lounge altogether. Unfortunately, there are no other alternatives for oneworld passengers at Sea-Tac.
Food wise, the lounge offers a basic snack selection, finger sandwiches, cookies, soup, veggies, and more.
A variety of drinks and cocktails is available from the bartender. All drinks are complimentary.
You may have access to British Airways Terraces Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
American Airlines (AA) British Airways (BA) Cathay Pacific (CX) Finnair (AY) Iberia (IB) Japan Airlines (JL) Malaysia Airlines (MH) Qantas (QF) Qatar Airways (QR) Royal Air Maroc (AT) Royal Jordanian (RJ) S7 Airlines (Siberia Airlines) (S7) SriLankan (UL)
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following Star Alliance member airlines only.
EVA Air (BR)
Hainan Airlines (HU)
The following passengers have access:
- British Airways First passengers (+1 guest)
- British Airways Business Class passengers (Club Europe and Club World) (no guests)
- British Airways Gold Executive Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or other oneworld carriers (+1 guest)
- British Airways Gold Executive Silver members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or other oneworld carriers (+1 guest)
- First class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Business class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld Sapphire members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Guests must be departing on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
- American Airlines AAdvantage® members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- American Airlines and Qantas customers who have purchased a membership in their airline’s lounge network do not have access to British Airways lounges unless their ticket or status qualifies.
- 3.0Based on 10 ReviewsKevin C.2019-11-22 10:02:50Some sick twisted employee thought it might be funny to loop plane crash footage over and over on the TV while passengers were waiting for a...Fei Z.2019-09-15 12:32:46This lounge gets very crowded -- which wouldn't be a problem except layout of chairs makes it extremely difficult to get around. You can choose who you...Stacey P.2019-09-07 22:02:27For my first international trip I had access to the British Airways Terraces Lounge. My friend had gone to Japan earlier and he had experienced JAL and how...Stacey P.2019-09-07 22:02:27For my first international trip I had access to the British Airways Terraces Lounge. My friend had gone to Japan earlier and he had experienced JAL and how...Benson G.2018-06-02 16:58:00The OneWorld website states that this lounge provides "[a]ccess for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline." I am OneWorld sapphire and...Andrew W.2017-09-25 18:53:41The BA lounge at the S gates is open 4 hours before the morning and evening flights with BA. The crescent shaped lounge offers views over pine forests....Mark E.2016-09-23 18:42:54Nice Lounge with perfect overview obout the apron-/airfield. Service staff is very friendly and welcoming you. Lounge can be a bit squeezed during peak...