Remodeled in July 2019, the British Airways Lounge at San Francisco Airport International Terminal A replaces the former Terraces and First Class Lounges. The club is located near gate A4, on the lower level, and welcomes British Airways First Class and Club World (business class) passengers, as well as oneworld Emerald and Sapphire customers.
British Airways Lounge SFO design
Located below the concourse level, the British Airways Club Lounge at San Francisco Airport sports floor-to-ceiling windows and offers a prime view on the adjacent ramp area and parked aircraft.
The club, which is shared by Business and First Class passengers, features hardwood floors, Earth tones, and original artwork. The layout strikes a reasonable balance between space efficiency and privacy, though the seating area is definitely compact.
Guests have their choice of seats including spacious chairs with side tables, dining tables, workstations, and bar stools. Most seating options are designed for solo travelers, though couples and groups will find booths along the walls
At the epicenter of the club is a granite feature bar, which serves as the focal point of the design and as an informal social area.
When it’s time to board, guests can reach their aircraft directly from the lounge (with an exception for the Airbus A380 aircraft which can only dock on the east side of the terminal.)
For an immersive virtual tour of the new club, check out British Airways’ 360-degree interactive video.
British Airways Lounge SFO amenities
The British Airways Club Lounge at San Francisco airport delivers on all the basics, with complimentary Wi-Fi, power outlets throughout, and wireless printing facilities.
The food selection is on the modest side, with a focus on finger and comfort food, including charcuterie, salads, a pasta bar, local cheeses, and sweets. A broad selection of soft drinks, beers, worldwide wines, and spirits are available for self-service.
First Class passengers receive access to the exclusive First Class Boutique Dining Room adorned with velvet seats, where they may enjoy an a-la-carte menu featuring a local seafood cioppino, rigatoni with heirloom cherry tomato Sauce, ricotta and parmesan, a mezze plate, a selection of cheeses and desserts, and wine pairings. The First Class dining area is off-limits to oneworld Emerald status passengers.
Unfortunately, the Club Lounge lacks shower rooms, though guests can head over to the Cathay Pacific Lounge to freshen up.
British Airways Lounge SFO bottom line
The British Airways Club Lounge at San Francisco features comfortable seating and a set of essential amenities, along with private restaurant-style dining exclusively for First Class passengers.
However, the club is bound to fill up ahead of British Airways departure times, and the lack of showers is an unfortunate oversight at a lounge designed for long-haul transcontinental passengers.
For more details, read our blog post: The British Airways Lounge San Francisco re-opens after an extreme makeover
You may have access to British Airways Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
American Airlines (AA) British Airways (BA) Cathay Dragon (KA) Cathay Pacific (CX) Finnair (AY) Iberia (IB) Japan Airlines (JL) LATAM Airlines Brasil (JJ) LATAM Airlines Chile (LA) Malaysia Airlines (MH) Qantas (QF) Qatar Airways (QR) Royal Jordanian (RJ) S7 Airlines (S7) SriLankan (UL)
The following passengers have access:Notes:
View detailed access rules at oneworld.com
- British Airways First passengers (+1 guest)
- British Airways Business Class passengers (Club Europe and Club World) (no guests)
- British Airways Gold Executive Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or other oneworld carriers (+1 guest)
- British Airways Gold Executive Silver members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or other oneworld carriers (+1 guest)
- First class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Business class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld Sapphire members departing on a same-day flight operated by British Airways or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Guests must be departing on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
- American Airlines AAdvantage® members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- American Airlines and Qantas customers who have purchased a membership in their airline’s lounge network do not have access to British Airways lounges unless their ticket or status qualifies.
- 3.0Based on 23 ReviewsDavid G.2018-05-14 04:56:203.5 crumpetsYep the Yelpers are right. This lounge is so so...but hell it beats waiting outside in the general area.Food selection is meh.Drink...Claudine V.2018-05-04 22:57:26This lounge is only available for club world and first. They serve wine, beer, tea, soda, sparkling water, mineral water and mix your own drinks. They only...Sunil R.2018-07-22 18:29:05I love that you can board the plane directly from the lounge. Decent food and drinks option. Wish the staff were friendlier though, felt like I was in...C K.2019-06-23 19:32:28Booked a flight to London, at the boarding time, I asked the ground crew at gate area to pay for business class upgrade if it is available, she replied, yes...
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.