The House at Melbourne airport, also dubbed “Home of Etihad Airways and other leading airlines,” is the re-incarnation of Etihad‘s First and Business Class Lounge. In an effort to cut costs, the middle-eastern carrier has outsourced its ground services to the global lounge operator No. 1 Traveller.
All passengers, regardless of airline or class of service, can now purchase access online for AUD $80.
Grand views of the tarmac, thanks to floor to ceiling windows, offer a backdrop to the elaborate architecture of the space. The sculptural bar acts as the centerpiece of the design, and faces a chic dining area flanked by posh seating spaces.
Despite the new branding and business model, The House has retained most of Etihad‘s luxurious amenities. The full-service restaurant features locally sourced products and fresh baked bread, while the alcoholic beverage selection boasts assortment of original handcrafted cocktails.
Shower suites are available, along with business facilities, prayer rooms, and a family room.
You may have access to The House as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Etihad (EY) Hainan Airlines (HU) Virgin Australia (VA)
The House at Melbourne - International (MEL) welcomes:
- Pay-in customers: relax at the lounge no matter what airline you’re flying. Purchase access now in order guarantee your spot, and save time and money.
- Etihad The Residence and First Class passengers departing on a same-day flight (+1 guest.)
- Etihad Business Class passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Etihad Guest Gold and Platinum members departing on a same-day flight operated by Etihad (+1 guest.)
- Etihad Economy passengers, for a fee.
- All passengers, regardless of airline or class of service, for a fee.
Get access to The House and 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass: Save 10%!
- 4.0Based on 2 ReviewsMichael W.2018-01-26 01:13:39The location of this lounge was pretty much spot on for our upcoming departure from the international gate 10, plus the views were great if you were an...Jenn H.2017-06-16 18:39:51The staff are so helpful and friendly. I was unhappy because it was not open when I arrived from Perth just after 5am and the ground staff didn't seem to...