- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary soups
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Air conditioning
- Newspapers and magazines
The Korean Airlines KAL Lounge at Osaka international airport is located in the North Wing of the International Terminal, between gates 5 and 11. (The club used to be situated outside security, below the check-in area, but has fortunately moved inside the secure zone.)
The KAL Lounge serves Korean Airlines and SkyTeam premium and Elite Plus passengers, and is only open around Korean Airlines departure times.
Korean Air KAL Lounge KIX design
Located in a subterranean location, the KAL Lounge at Osaka airport lacks windows and thus daylight. The homely décor embraces the natural darkness of the place with dim lighting, Earth tones, wood paneling, and an old-fashioned but elegant design with Asian accents.
The layout aims at offering a comfortable amount of privacy despite limited real estate. Low dividers and indoor plants carve out small seating areas with a handful of seats around coffee tables. TVs (thankfully with the volume turned down to the minimum level) dot the space.
The space is kept pretty warm and can feel stuffy at times. The KAL Lounge sees a lot of traffic, and the club would benefit from a refurbishment. Some of the furniture is worn out and stained, and there are virtually no power outlets.
Korean Air KAL Lounge KIX amenities
The Korean Airlines KAL Lounge at Osaka airport offers a set of essential amenities for domestic and short-haul travel.
The buffet features a modest assortment of Japanese snacks and shrink-wrapped pastries, along with tea, coffee, beer, wine, sake, and a minimal liquor selection. There is also a cooler with soda, individual water rations—a wasteful and inconvenient trademark feature of KAL Lounges worldwide—and chilled glasses.
Trays are available to carry food and beverages, and patrons are expected to pick up their own trash, bus their table, and return their tray—the process doesn’t exactly scream First Class, but this being Japan, everybody complies.
Adjacent to the seating area is a small business center straight from the 80s with three cubicles equipped with a phone, a fax, and a printer. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout.
Other amenities include a small bathroom with a single stall per gender, as well as a selection of newspapers and magazines.
Korean Air KAL Lounge KIX bottom line
The KAL Lounge at Osaka airport is a dated and basic but comfortable lounge. While the design and amenities fail to impress—the club lacks daylight and power outlets, and the snack selection is limited—it’s difficult to expect much more ahead of a two-hour journey to Korea.
Korean Air KAL Lounge at Osaka - Kansai (KIX) welcomes:
- First Class passengers departing on a same-day Korean Air flight.
- Prestige Class passengers departing on a same-day Korean Air flight.
- Korean Air SKYPASS Million Miler Club and Morning Calm Premium Club members (+1 guest)
- Korean Air SKYPASS Morning Calm Club members (with restrictions, see link below for details.)
- SkyTeam Elite Plus members departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Guests must be traveling on any flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Member must remain with the guests at all times during the visit.
- Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and not on arrival, unless you are connecting to a domestic flight or other qualifying international flight.
You may have access to Korean Air KAL Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any SkyTeam member airline.
|Aerolineas Argentinas (AR)||Aeromexico (AM)||Air Europa (UX)|
|Air France (AF)||China Airlines (CI)||China Eastern (MU)|
|Czech Airlines (OK)||Delta (DL)||Garuda Indonesia (GA)|
|ITA Airways (AZ)||KLM (KL)||Kenya Airways (KQ)|
|Korean Air (KE)||MEA Middle East Airlines (ME)||Saudia (SV)|
|TAROM (RO)||Vietnam Airlines (VN)||Virgin Atlantic (VS)|
|Xiamen Airlines (MF)|
4.0 / 5, based on 4 reviews