- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Tucked away at the end of the Concourse A on the mezzanine level, the Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt airport by gate A26 is a hidden gem with a rich history: prior to the expansion of the terminal in 2012 which gave birth to Concourse Z and a flurry of new lounges, the club used to be a First Class Lounge.
The space remained vacant for months, then eventually reopened as a Business Lounge, in an attempt to mitigate crowding at the Business Lounge near gate A13.
Lufthansa Business Lounge FRA design
The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt airport by gate A26 still sports many features of its former incarnation as a First Class Lounge.
While the posh furniture has been replaced to match the—lower—standards of Business Lounges in order to increase the capacity of the space, several aspects of the design have remained unchanged. The gorgeous black stone floor is still in place, as is the expansive dining room with privacy dividers. The elegant bar still dominates the main seating area. Lufthansa has retrofitted the club with a few of the traditional Business Lounge attributes, such as the droplet-shaped light fixtures and scenic pictures.
The Business Lounge boasts views on the tarmac, and benefits from ample natural light.
The lounge is comprised of two main areas: adjacent to the lobby is a café-style area, and beyond to the right when entering is a dining area, with more tables. That’s perhaps the main idiosyncrasy of the lounge: there are few traditional seats, save for a few chairs by the window and off to the side in a private nook overlooking the tarmac. That’s mostly a factor of the lack of real estate: the intimate First Class Lounge space is under-dimensioned for business class. Fortunately, due to its off-centered location, the Business Lounge at Frankfurt airport by gate A26 remains relatively quiet and peaceful.
Lufthansa Business Lounge FRA amenities
The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt airport by gate A26 is luxurious for a Business Class Lounge: many former First Class amenities have remained untouched. The bar is still present with its high-end espresso machine and barista service, and the private, fully enclosed offices are still in place.
The buffet offers a generous selection of appetizers, cold and hot entrees with a focus on German fare and desserts. A substantial drink selection is available, including several wines, sparkling wine, as well as liquor and spirits. Inquire with the bar tender for a custom cocktail or a hand-crafted coffee concoction.
The beautiful First Class shower suites are still intact—although the shower tile has been replaced, and the finishes are beginning to show their age. The rooms come with ample space to change, a full length mirror, an oversized sink, a toilet, and a shower. Towels and bath amenities are provided.
Where the cigar bar used to stand is now a business center, prominently marked with no smoking signs—it’s still impregnated with a faint smell of tobacco.
Two fully private sleeping rooms equipped with day beds are also available upon request.
Lufthansa Business Lounge FRA bottom line
The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt airport by gate A26 might just be Lufthansa’s best Business Lounge worldwide. While the club offers relatively few traditional seats and is more geared towards work or dining than relaxation, it is superior to the Senator Lounges in several regards. The fantastic private workspaces and slumber rooms are especially noteworthy. If Lufthansa First Class is out of reach, the Business Lounge by gate A26 is as close as you’ll get to walking in the footsteps of First Class patrons!
The location by gate A26 is especially convenient for passengers departing from gates A20s, away from the central rotunda.
You may have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
|Air Dolomiti (EN)||Condor (DE)|
Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt - Main (FRA) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers, departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members, departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers, departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers, departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers, departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Miles & More Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Eurowings BEST fare passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings SMART fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on a same-day Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight, and must leave the lounge at the same time as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Star Alliance. Worldwide membership only
When flying Star Alliance.