Lufthansa Delights to Go at Munich airport is a six-month trial project by Lufthansa, offering passengers with lounge access in a rush a quick and easy way to grab a quality snack and a drink in a convenient to-go box. All offerings are complimentary.
Description courtesy of Lufthansa:
Most frequent flyers are quite familiar with this situation: you are on your way to the airport and simply looking forward to having a cup of coffee and a small snack in the Lufthansa Lounge. Nevertheless, by the time you actually arrive at the airport, you take a look at the clock and realize that time is running out. In order to make travel easier for these customers in a hurry, Lufthansa has now developed a smart solution called “Delights to Go”.
The new catering option will initially be tested at Munich Airport for six months starting on 5 September. Centrally located in Terminal 2 near Gate G19, Lufthansa passengers with lounge access can now enjoy high-quality snacks and drinks in a nicely designed self-service area. This offer is free and can been accessed with the customer’s boarding pass at the entrance of the area. By operating a modern, interactive user interface, the guest can select one of three connoisseur boxes from the categories listed on the screen. The categories include Classic (main component, for example, a tuna wrap or Greek salad), Balance (for example a sprout sandwich with pear and fig mustard or a quinoa ginger salad) or Local (for example Munich sausage salad). These components are complemented by a sweet or savoury snack, a piece of fresh fruit and a small bottle of water. The offer varies every two weeks. Once the category is selected, the box, an attractive, robust cardboard box, slides into the ergonomically placed output compartment directly under the monitor. Directly next to it the guest has the choice between a coffee speciality, tea, water and a variety of juices. Once the drink is selected, the cup can be put into a built-in place holder in the box, the entire meal packed into a paper bag and the passengers can rush to the departure gate.
You may have access to Lufthansa Delights to Go as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
Lufthansa Delights to Go at Munich - Franz-Josef Strauss (MUC) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers, departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members, departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers, departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers, departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers, departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair).
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight