The spacious Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Frankfurt airport by gate A50 boasts the airline’s latest design and highlights the massive investments that Lufthansa made into their lounges with the expansion of Terminal 1 (“A plus pier.”) Located at the center of Concourse A by the rotunda, opposite the Business Lounge A13 and the First Class Lounge, the lounge serves intra-European travelers traveling within the Schengen zone. Like all Senator Lounges, the club welcomes exclusively Miles & More Senator members and Star Alliance Gold passengers.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge FRA design
The design is modern, functional to a fault, and casually elegant. The alliance of light colors, soft and natural tones, hardwood floors and individual lamps gives the space a cozy vibe, while designer globe-like ceiling lights above the main buffet area adds a trendier a touch. While the LED lighting is a bit cold, a large window wall lets natural light flow. Unfortunately, the stripes on the window virtually obliterate the view on the tarmac.
The open layout provides every patron with a generous amount of personal space and facilitates movement between areas. A variety of seating arrangements is available: café-like seating, comfortable individual chairs side tables, large communal tables, and high bar-style tables.
A favorite of ours is the relaxation zone, featuring recliners in a more secluded area, facing a backlit life-size picture of forest scenery. It may sound like a gimmick, but the concept is brilliantly executed, and affords a high degree of privacy.
Power outlets (of the western European type) are located at every seat.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge FRA amenities
The food and beverage offering is a highlight. A large buffet by the entrance features a broad selection of snacks, appetizers, a salad bar, cold and hot entrees, desserts, as well as a variety of wines, beers, alcoholic beverages, and an espresso machine. A second buffet in the back of the lounge offers a selection of drinks as well as another espresso machine.
In addition, food carts or stands are often available, offering cooked to order food such as pasta or German specialties. Selections rotate often but are always tasty and generous.
A large business center is equipped with work cubicles and shared computers. There are also phone booths – which sounds like a brilliant idea in theory, so the lack of doors is questionable.
Weary travelers will appreciate the slumber room: the dimly lit space features several day beds with pillows and blankets, separated by privacy dividers. Each cubicle comes with a side table, power outlet, and coat hook. The only thing missing is a door – and while Lufthansa‘s decision is understandable in order to encourage turnaround, it also means that noise inevitably bleeds into the room.
Elegant bathrooms are available along with beautiful, well-appointed shower suites. Bath products and towels are provided, and amenities such as combs, razors, and toothbrushes are available upon request. There may be a wait for showers, so be sure to inquire early.
Other amenities include a smoking room, a selection of newspapers and magazines, and a WorldShop display area where one may browse (but not actually purchase!) highlights of Lufthansa’s on-board duty free catalog.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge FRA bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Frankfurt airport by gate A50 is outstanding – the breadth of amenities is considerable for a club that serves passengers traveling within Europe’s Schengen zone.
The catch is that the lounge is often busy, or even borderline crowded at peak times, given the generous access policies (open to all Star Alliance Gold members, including economy passengers) and the fact that it is the only Senator lounge for the entire concourse A. If you’re traveling at peak times and your flight departs from a gate further away (and you’re willing to forego a few amenities such as the napping room), then consider using one of the Business Lounges closer to your gate instead, which might be less busy.
You may have access to Lufthansa Senator Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Adria Airways (JP) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Frankfurt - Main (FRA) welcomes:Guest policy
View detailed access rules at lufthansa.com
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers, departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle Members, departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers, departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers, departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
- 4.0Based on 35 ReviewsDenise C.2018-07-22 02:59:15This is an excellent lounge. I loved the soft pretzels and small hot dog links. They have good food that is German...like the vegetable meat soup. This...Christina M.2018-06-07 17:39:26They have large, tasty pretzels (schmeckt sehr lecker!!!). What else could you ask for? It's safe to say that Lufthansa has won the key to my heart through...Jamie B.2017-12-17 19:51:20(For clarity, this is for the Lufthansa lounge in Terminal 1 / Z gates)This lounge can be a bit crowded, but it's a fantastic spot to burn time on your...
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.