The Qantas Domestic Business Lounge at Melbourne airport is currently being remodeled along with the Qantas Club next door.
Completed late August 2018, the first phase of the project brings a rejuvenated space with a trendy and upper-scale decor that blends an Italian-inspired design with hints of Melbourne’s urban and sophisticated culture. High-end finishes and furnishes include natural timber floors, brass and black metal fittings, and custom brass lighting.
The space, built in the footprint of the former Qantas Club, boasts floor-to-ceiling windows with views on the tarmac.
The focal point of the design is the impressive bar clad in Nero Marquina marble from Northern Spain, where guests may indulge in barista-crafted coffee and refreshments throughout the day. Australian wines and beer make an appearance at noon daily, with a happy hour featuring Rockpool cocktails every evening from 5 to 6 pm.
The food offering includes menus curated by Neil Perry with a hot buffet and a selection of Asian dishes such as friend rice, noodles, and greens. At Qantas’ signature Quench “hydration station”, guests can choose from a selection of hot teas, infused waters, and detox drinks.
Other amenities include complimentary Wi-Fi, computer workstations, wireless printing, power and USB plugs at most seats, and elegant shower suites with ASPAR by Aurora amenities.
The renovation process will continue through November 2018. The final product will feature additional seating, as well as a “Spice Bar” serving made-to-order Asian soups, noodles, and street food.
The following is a sample selection. All food and beverages are complimentary.
- Hard boiled eggs and baked eggs
- Seasoned sweet potato fries
- Mini meat pies
- Freshly made tacos
- Pulled pork rolls
You may have access to Qantas Domestic Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
American Airlines (AA) British Airways (BA) Cathay Dragon (KA) Cathay Pacific (CX) Finnair (AY) Iberia (IB) Japan Airlines (JL) LATAM Airlines Brasil (JJ) LATAM Airlines Chile (LA) Malaysia Airlines (MH) Qantas (QF) Qatar Airways (QR) Royal Jordanian (RJ) S7 Airlines (S7) SriLankan (UL)
Qantas Domestic Business Lounge at Melbourne - International (MEL) welcomes:Notes:
View detailed access rules at qantas.com
- Qantas and Emirates First Class passengers connecting to a from a same-day Qantas or Emirates international flight (+1 guest)
- Qantas and Emirates Business Class passengers connecting to a from a same-day Qantas or Emirates international flight, or departing on a same-day Qantas or Emirates domestic flight (+1 guest)
- Qantas Platinum One and Platinum Frequent Flyer members travelling on any same-day Qantas, Emirates, Jetstar Airlines or a oneworld flight (+2 guests)
- Qantas Gold Frequent Flyer members departing on a same-day Qantas, Emirates, Jetstar Airlines or oneworld marketed and operated flight (+1 guest)
- Emirates Platinum Skyward members departing on a same-day Qantas or Emirates flight (+1 guest)
- First class passengers departing on a same-day international flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Business class passengers departing on a same-day international flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members (+1 guest)
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- American Airlines Admirals Club members do not have access to this lounge unless their ticket or status qualifies.
- Qantas Club members do not have access to this lounge but may use the Qantas Club nearby.
- Based on 11 ReviewsMichael H.2015-12-18 00:17:13This is one of the oldest Domestic Business lounges on the Qantas network, and this is starting to show. The lounge hasn't received major renovations in a...Barry T.2014-07-03 14:39:39Free food, liquor and fast Internet. What more can you ask for?! Even though it isn't as good as the international lounges, It's still better than the...Nick C.2016-02-14 21:59:34Free food, liquor and coffee. Woohoooooo!!!!!! A little dated and a lack of power points however a good sanctuary away from the masses in the terminal. Back...