COVID-19 closure: SAS Lounge is temporarily closed.
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
SAS Lounge ORD design
SAS frequent flyers will feel right at home – the SAS lounge at Chicago O’Hare airport features the airline’s typical Scandinavian décor with hardwood floors, large wooden communal round tables, colorful furniture, and designer chairs. The mood is perhaps a bit IKEA-esque, but fresh and playful, and the floor to ceiling window and light tones give the lounge a pleasant and timelessly modern vibe.
Real estate is at a premium at Terminal 5, and while the SAS Lounge is one of the larger clubs, it remains woefully inadequate at peak times. The designers have made an honorable attempt at using every square foot, which translates into a rather compact layout, and a few oddities such as a pillar awkwardly placed in the hallway between the dining area and the seating area, and an odd, narrow TV room in the back. The daylight and fresh colors of the SAS décor help make the space look open, but it’s a tight squeeze in the evenings, with few if any seats available prior to major departures.
Guests will find individual seats, counter-style seating, and conversation nooks. Indoor plants enhance privacy while providing a touch of color and freshness. Power outlets are relatively easy to find along the walls and at the center of the dining tables, yet they may become a scarce resource at peak times.
Aviation geeks will enjoy the close-up views on wide body aircraft immediately outside.
SAS Lounge ORD amenities
There isn’t much in terms of amenities at the SAS Lounge Chicago O’Hare.
The club features a modest food spread with soups, salads, cold cuts, cookies and fruit, along with a selection of soft drinks, beer, house wines, liquor, and an espresso machine.
Two self-service computers are available, as well as a selection of US and Scandinavian newspapers and magazines.
Due to real estate constraints, the SAS lounge does not have a bathroom, and the nearest public bathroom is not immediately adjacent.
SAS Lounge ORD bottom line
The SAS Lounge at Chicago O’Hare is a modest lounge, yet it is one of the better facilities in comparison with the paltry offerings at Terminal 5.
The SWISS Lounge offers a much more substantial food selection, if you don’t mind the crowds and lack of space. United passengers connecting on a SAS flight in business class should remain in Terminal 3 and use the splendid Polaris Lounge, which is worlds apart from the SAS Lounge. However, allows at least 60 minutes to reach Terminal 5 (an airside bus is available from Terminal 2, alternatively, exit security then take the train.)
You may have access to SAS Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
SAS Lounge at Chicago, IL - O'Hare (ORD) welcomes:
- SAS Plus passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests)
- SAS Business class passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests)
- SAS Business class passengers arriving on a same-day transcontinental flight (no guests)
- Widerøe Flex Class and Icelandair Business class passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests)
- EuroBonus Gold & Diamond members departing on a same-day SAS or Star Alliance flight (+1 guest or up to 4 immediate family members)
- EuroBonus Gold & Diamond members arriving on a same-day transcontinental flight (+1 guest or up to 4 immediate family members)
- EuroBonus Silver members departing on a same-day SAS or Widerøe flight, from July 1st through August 31 and from December 15th through January 15th (+1 guest or up to 4 immediate family members)
- SAS Go passengers for €22/$30 per person if you pay when you check in online or €28/$38 per person if you pay at the airport. Restrictions apply.
- First class passengers departing on a Star Alliance flight (+1 guest)
- Business class passengers departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Star Alliance Gold Members departing on a Star Alliance flight (+1 guest)
- United Club members departing on an international Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on an international Star Alliance flight (no guests)
Guests must be departing on a flight operated by SAS or another Star Alliance member.
Note: While this lounge is designated as a Star Alliance Gold lounge, it is located in Terminal 5. Star Alliance members United, ANA and Lufthansa depart from Terminal 1. The two terminals are physically separated with no airside connection. Passengers departing from Terminal 1 who wish to use this lounge will need to clear security at Terminal 5, then exit the Terminal and re-clear security at Terminal 1. There are no TSA Pre-Check lines at Terminal 5.
When flying Star Alliance.
When flying Star Alliance.
1.5 / 5, based on 4 reviews