- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
The Rio de Janeiro lounge, the newest addition to the Star Alliance lounge line-up, offers beautiful views across the airport and beyond to famous Rio landmarks such as its downtown area, the Sugar Loaf Mountain and the imposing statue of Christ the Redeemer.
Its design incorporates natural Brazilian woods, stone and concrete elements to reflect the architectural heritage of the city. Greenery and splashes of colour reflect the city’s close relationship with nature. Handmade Brazilian furniture pieces from renowned designers can also be enjoyed in the lounge.
The area offers seating for over 150 guests. It is located on level 3 of the new International Departures pier, after passing through passport control and duty free and before the departure gates. Guests can reach the lounge via escalators or lifts, following the airport signage to Lounges.
A serviced bar provides barista coffee and drinks made to order, as well as light refreshments on request. A full buffet provides a range of hot and cold options with some surprising and uniquely Brazilian flavors. Some food options can be customized upon request to the chef.
Among its convenience features are numerous power and USB sockets as well as secure luggage storage lockers which offer the ability to charge mobile phones and other electronic devices. Showers are also available to guests wishing to freshen up before their flight.
You may have access to Star Alliance Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
Star Alliance Lounge at Rio De Janeiro - Galeao International (GIG) welcomes:
- First Class passengers, departing on the same day on a flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline from the local airport (+1 guest)
- Business Class passengers, departing on the same day on a flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline from the local airport (no guests.)
- Star Alliance Gold passengers, departing on the same day on a flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline from the local airport, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Customers holding an invitation issued by an airline.
Guests must be departing on the same day on a flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline.
When flying Star Alliance.
When flying Star Alliance.
3.5 / 5, based on 2 reviews