The United Club at Hong Kong airport is a testament to the airline’s significant presence in the region. In addition to flights to the US, United also offers connections to Vietnam, Singapore, and Guam. The lounge is located by gate 60, next to the airport transit stop, on a mezzanine that hosts several other airline lounges. It was refurnished early 2016.
United Club HKG design
The spacious lobby sets the tone – for a United Club, it’s grand. Global First customers turn right into the adjacent United Global First Lounge, while courteous staff stands by to welcome United Club guests to the lounge straight ahead.
Thanks to its mezzanine location, the airy lounge benefits from ample natural light and outstanding views on the tarmac. It also features a unique vantage point on the terminal’s striking curved ceiling. Perhaps the only drawback is the noise that bleeds from the concourse.
The United Club was renovated in April 2015, and as such features new furniture and a new carpet. While the design is hardly remarkable or trendy, the facility feels fresh, modern and well maintained, with light colors that reflect the abundant daylight, and art work throughout. The layout is perhaps a bit convoluted, with partitions that carve out several open spaces with a variety of seating arrangements: dining tables, traditional lounge chairs with a side console, counter-style seating overlooking the tarmac ideal for laptop users and plane spotters alike. The sparse seating layout feels reasonably private, but we found some of the new chairs to be uncomfortable. Power outlets are available at all seats in the carpeted area, which unfortunately excludes most seats at the edge of the mezzanine and in the dining area.
United Club HKG amenities
The food and beverage options are a highlight for a United Club, with a selection of snacks, salads, and hot entrees. Be sure to walk around, as there are multiple food stations throughout the lounge. Soda is available from beverage coolers, and the alcohol selection includes wines as well as middle-shelf beverages such as Finlandia Vodka.
The lounge features several elegant marble shower suites. All come with a sink and a toilet, plus amenities including a toothbrush, comb, and shower cap. The facilities are nice, albeit on the small side (except for the oversized ADA room) and in need of a renovation. While the water pressure and temperature are good, the rooms get foggy, temperature control is flakey, and in the larger room only the handheld shower works.
The business center includes three booths with doors that are ideal for phone calls and may double as cramped but private work spaces, as well as an open meeting room and a printer. Complimentary secure Wi-Fi is available but is notoriously slow and unreliable in our experience.
Other amenities include an (open, insecure) bag storage area as well as newspapers and magazines.
United Club HKG bottom line
Overall, with its ample light, great views, and food spread, the United Club at Hong Kong airport is a pleasant place to wait for a flight. While it does get busy at peak times, and certainly doesn’t have the cachet of some of the airport’s finer lounges, the United Club in Hong Kong is by far one of United’s best lounges worldwide, and a complete departure from the typical US domestic clubs.
The following is a sample selection. Actual offerings may vary. All food and beverages are complimentary.
- Warm pastries
- Scrambled eggs
- Ham slices
- Hot oatmeal
- Espresso and tea
- Olives and pickles
- Mixed nuts
- Finger sandwiches
- Instant noodles
- Salad bar
- Vegetable sushi
- Fried rice vermicelli noodles with vegetables
- Pulao rice
- Chicken curry
- Stir fried vegetables
- Ice cream
You may have access to United Club as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Adria Airways (JP) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
United Club at Hong Kong SAR - Chek Lap Kok International (HKG) welcomes:View detailed access rules at united.com
- United Club members departing on a same-day flight or arriving on a United flight (+1 guest, or the member’s spouse and children under the age of 21.)
- United Polaris business class passengers departing or connecting (no guests)
- Business Class passengers departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (no guests)
- First Class passengers departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (no guests)
- United Premier Gold, Premium Platinum, Premier 1K, and Global Services members departing on an intercontinental flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Star Alliance Gold Members (except United Premier members) departing on a domestic or international flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier in any class of service (+1 guest)
- United Club one-time pass holders (paper or electronic passes) (no guests)
- Active U.S. military personnel departing on a same-day United flight (no guests)
- Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus members departing on a same-day United flight (+1 guest and children under the age of 21.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a flight operated by a Star Alliance carrier (no guests)
When flying Star Alliance. Worldwide membership only.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.