The first new-generation American Airlines Flagship Lounge opened at New York JFK in May 2017, and offers enhanced amenities for premium travelers.
On September 1st, 2018, the Flagship Lounge grew by over 7,000 square feet by expanding onto the space formerly occupied by the adjacent Admirals Club. The expansion added over 110 seats, which should mitigate crowding.
American Airlines Flagship Lounge JFK design
Located in Terminal 8, after security, on the mezzanine level, the vast Flagship Lounge boasts a new design which bridges tradition and modernity, with a conservative color palette and Earth tones, along with clean lines and efficient lighting.
Guests will find a choice of seats, all equipped with power and USB ports, including high-backed seats offering enhanced privacy, convivial traditional seating areas, communal tables, and recessed nooks embedded in the walls with a built-in table.
Large floor-to-ceiling windows reveal views of the tarmac and let plenty of natural light in. A separate quiet room offers a more secluded space outfitted with recliners.
The club is well appointed, but the layout is compact, with seating for 310 customers, and the space is bound to be busy at peak times.
American Airlines Flagship Lounge JFK amenities
At the center of the Flagship Lounge at New York JFK airport is a self-serve bar offering a selection of wines and Champagnes. There is also a large selection of liqueurs and spirits, as well as a “mix-your-own cocktail” station with rotating recipes on display. The bar is not staffed. Espresso, juices, and soft drinks are also available, with a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine which lets patrons choose from hundreds of drinks concoctions with a touch screen.
A large buffet features an impressive assortment of appetizers, hot entrees, and desserts. Patrons may also order a variety of cooked-to-order dishes from roaming servers.
Eight modern shower suites are outfitted with a walk-in rain shower, a sink, and a toilet, and come with CO Bigelow bath amenities in wall-mounted dispensers.
Within the lounge is a section exclusively for American Airlines’ international First Class customers, and domestic First Class passengers traveling on three-cabin aircraft bound for San Francisco and Los Angeles. Dubbed Flagship Dining, the room is off-limits to passengers traveling on partner airlines and oneworld elites.
The elegant and secluded space boasts floor-to-ceiling windows and features a staffed bar as well as a complimentary full-service restaurant. Patrons may choose between secluded booths or dining tables for two overlooking the tarmac.
In the morning, American Airlines offers a full breakfast selection with staples such as omelets, eggs benedict, and frittata, along with fresh squeezed juices and expresso. Throughout the day, visitors will enjoy a complimentary three-course meal with delicacies such as duck breast, beef short ribs, and tart tatin, along with an expanded wine and cocktail selection. Dishes are crafted from locally-sourced ingredients, and menus will rotate seasonally and vary by location.
For more information, see our blog post.
Flagship Lounge menu
The complimentary Flagship Lounge buffet and cooked-to-order menu are available to all guests.
- Cheese board
- House-made pickled vegetables
- Mediterranean board
- Shrimp cocktail shooters
- Chilled crab
- Chilled roasted tenderloin
- Pickled cumin-carrot salad
- Fricassee of chicken
- Pan seared salmon
- Assorted pastries
A la carte: Breakfast (until 11 am)
- Deviled eggs, topped with the chef’s daily choice of accompaniments
- Cashew crusted brioche French toast, with smoked apple and maple compote
- Eggs benedict, thick cut smoked bacon, grilled kale, herbed hollandaise, roasted fingerling sweet potato hash
A la carte: All day (after 11 am)
- Flagship burger: hand formed short-rib, brisket and sirloin burger, with bacon, red onion marmalade, arugula, beef steak tomato
- Wild mushroom flatbread, with goat cheese fontina, mozzarella cheese
- Fresh herb parmesan crusted chicken paillard, with arugula pesto dressed bucatini pasta and balsamic stewed tomatoes
The complimentary Flagship Dining full-service restaurant is exclusively for First Class guests flying on three-cabin aircraft.
- Seasonal frit kabobs
- Fresh baked pastry basket
- Smoked fish platter
- Locally sourced artisanal cheese and meat platter
- Hot and cold breakfast cereal
- Free range eggs
- Create your own omelet
- Roasted tomato, spinach, feta egg white fritata
- Eggs benedict
- Steak, eggs, frites
- Cashew crusted brioche French toast
- Breakfast sides: thick cut apple smoked bacon, hand formed breakfast sausage, roasted sweet and fingerling potato hash, fresh cut seasonal melons and berries
- Fresh squeezed juices
- Tomato bisque, petite grilled cheese batons
- Arancini, smoked mozzarella cheese stuffed arancini, roasted tomato sauce
- Smoked duck breast, toasted hominy succotash, corn, edamame
- Basil infused compressed watermelon, whipped feta, smoked onion crumble
- Caesar salad, kale and crisp romaine, brioche croutons
- Olive oil poached loch duart salmon, cauliflower risotto, wild mushroom ragout, spring broth
- Braised beef short ribs, seasonal vegetables, romesco sauce
- Chimichurri free range chicken, charred pineapple and barley salad
- Spiced lentil cake, tikka masala sauce, goan stir fried baby corn
- Udon noodle bowl, ginger garlic scallion broth topped with choice of crispy katsu chicken or tofu, spiced radish and egg
- Flagship burger, hand formed single sirloin burger, red onion-bacon, marmalade, arugula, beef steak tomatoes
- Chocolate trio, dark chocolate brioche bread pudding, milk chocolate smoked sea salt tart and white chocolate strawberry soup
- Caramelized apple tart tatin, New York hand churned vanilla bean ice cream
- Flagship sundae, vanilla bean hand churned ice cream, dark chocolate sauce, whipped cream, cherry, pecans
- New York State artisanal cheese plate, daily selection of locally sourced soft, semi-soft and firm cheeses
- Quinta Do Noval 10 year tawny port
- Grand Marnier
- Hennessy VSOP
You may have access to American Airlines Flagship Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
American Airlines (AA) British Airways (BA) Cathay Dragon (KA) Cathay Pacific (CX) Finnair (AY) Iberia (IB) Japan Airlines (JL) LATAM Airlines Brasil (JJ) LATAM Airlines Chile (LA) Malaysia Airlines (MH) Qantas (QF) Qatar Airways (QR) Royal Jordanian (RJ) S7 Airlines (S7) SriLankan (UL)
American Airlines Flagship Lounge at New York, NY - J.F. Kennedy International (JFK) welcomes:
- American Airlines First Class passengers departing on an international flight from this airport, or another airport on a same-day itinerary (+1 guest)
- American Airlines First Class passengers departing on a three-class nonstop transcontinental flight from this airport, or another airport on a same-day itinerary (no guests)
- American Airlines Business Class passengers departing on an international flight from this airport, or another airport on a same-day itinerary (no guests)
- American Airlines Business Class passengers departing on a three-class nonstop transcontinental flight from this airport, or another airport on a same-day itinerary (no guests)
- American Airlines ConciergeKey passengers departing on an same-day flight operated by American Airlines or a oneworld airline (+2 guests)
- American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum customers departing on or connecting to an international flight, operated by American Airlines or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum Pro customers departing on or connecting to an international flight, operated by American Airlines or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum customers departing on or connecting to an international flight, operated by American Airlines or another oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld First Class passengers departing on or connecting to an international flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld Business Class passengers departing on or connecting to an international flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members (except for passengers whose status was issued by American Airlines) departing on or connecting to any flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- oneworld Sapphire members (except for passengers whose status was issued by American Airlines) departing on or connecting to any flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- The Flagship First Dining area is only available for American Airlines First Class passengers traveling on international and transcontinental flights.
- Guests must be departing on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
- For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from the benefit of lounge access.
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- 4.0Based on 25 ReviewsKeila N.2019-06-25 13:24:47There's an American Airlines Flagship Lounge at LAX but it's not nearly as impressive as this one. There's access to this lounge when you fly first class....Dennis S.2019-06-08 10:19:48Always nice to escape the main waiting area of the airport on a long layover. This place is a nice respite. They help take the pain out of long trips. Enjoy!Fifi C.2019-01-26 02:26:15I came here at 4:30 am. It's a clean with brightly lighted lounge and yet still give a relaxing atmosphere . I'm impressed with breakfast selections from...Mike S.2018-06-15 12:50:02It's a bit funny that the review shows this is an expensive place, considering that everything in is is free. 🙂 So terminal 8 at JFK had a couple of...Dave K.2018-05-02 05:59:36Wow! As a EP frequent flyer I must say the Flagship Lounge will keep me flying American forever! Nicely decorated. KILLER shower rooms. FULL...Jenn L.2018-03-05 15:19:36Ahhh the much anticipated renovate flagship lounge. I have to say it's much better than its predecessor. I've been through 8 times now and here are my...