- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
The Delta Sky Club at Chicago O’Hare International Airport is an older style club, which reflects Delta’s relatively minor position compared to competitors American and United, which both operate a major hub at ORD.
Delta Sky Club ORD design
The reception desk leads to a hallway in which patrons will find a bag storage facility complete with secure lockers (albeit of the non-electronic kind), as well as a very odd, tiny quiet seating area — really, just a few chairs in a nook, in what is possibly the highest traffic area of the lounge. The hallway then opens onto a series of three rooms in a row: first, a seating area with a customer service desk, then a larger seating area with a central buffet, and then finally a dining area with a self-service bar.
The design, straight from the Northwest Airlines days, is rather unremarkable, with an emphasis on dark tones: dark blue chairs, black and dark tile, black countertops, dark grey carpets, with white marble and indoor plans as accents. Overall, the space feels tired yet well up kept. An electric fireplace in the first room, should it ever work, would provide a cozy touch. Large windows let ample natural light in and offer views on the tarmac.
Seating options include open seating in the first two rooms, counter-style tables with privacy dividers by the windows in the back room, as well as four small cube chairs in the very back — by far the most private and coveted spots. While power outlets dot the lounge, they may or may not work.
Delta Sky Club ORD amenities
The food selection is in line with what Delta typically offers in domestic lounges and includes snacks, soups, salads, and cookies. The beverage offer is a highlight, though: on the buffet island is an ultra-modern, touch screen Starbucks machine, along with a selection of syrups. (There is also drip coffee for the less tech-inclined.) But for many, the crown jewel of the lounge will be the self-serve bar in the back room: you may poor your own wine and craft your own cocktails. Miller Lite and Goose Island beer are also available on tap. Enjoy while it lasts — while newer lounges typically feature a broader beverage selection, premium options come at a cost, and even the basic ones are only available from the bar tender, which means that a tip is de rigueur.
In lieu of a full size business center, a small, overheated room to the side offers a printer and fax machine. There, patrons will also find a self-service kiosk there to print boarding passes or make other changes to their itineraries.
Delta Sky Club ORD bottom line
Overall, the Delta Sky Club at Chicago O’Hare International Airport is overdue for a renovation, and the old-fashioned dark design contrasts with Delta’s new modern design dominated by white shapes. The lounge has its idiosyncrasies — from the awkward quiet area to the tiny substitute for a business center, but it does provide ample seating, a decent snack selection, and an enjoyable self-serve bar.
The Sky Club offers a complimentary selection of breakfast options, snacks, soups and salads, and basic alcoholic drinks. See the full menu at delta.com.
- Locally sourced bagels.
- Honey wheat English muffin, English muffin.
- Mini muffins: banana, blueberry, chocolate chip.
- Spreads: Orange marmalade, grape jam, strawberry preserves, cream cheese, margarine spread, butter, honey, peanut butter.
- Cereals: Raisin Bran®, Cheerios®, Corn Flakes®, granola; skim and 2% milk; oatmeal.
- Fruit: Apples, oranges, bananas, fruit salad.
- Strawberry and honey vanilla yogurt.
- Hard boiled eggs.
Lunch and dinner
- Bar snacks: pretzel mix, nut mix, mixed raisins, popcorn, olives (country olive mix, Mediterranean meze & Nicoise.)
- Marinated mushrooms.
- Crackers and dips: Tomato basil flatbread crackers, classic hummus, olive tapenade, garlic & herb spread, peppercorn parmesan spread.
- Veggies and dips: carrots, celery, broccoli, pepper strips, ranch vegetable dip.
- Fruit: Apples, oranges, bananas.
- Soups: tomato and garden vegetable, Italian wedding.
- Salads: lettuce spring mix, chicken with cranberry & pecan, balsamic dressing, ranch dressing.
- Desserts: assorted cheesecakes, dark chocolate chunk and raisin oatmeal cookies.
- House beer, wine and spirits.
- Baileys Irish cream.
- Coffee, espresso, tea.
3.5 / 5, based on 68 reviews