- CLOSED TEMPORARILYFood:
- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
The new Delta Sky Club at San Diego airport opened in 2013. The lounge occupies a prime location at the heart of Terminal 2, on a mezzanine above the Sunset Cove food court, with a bird’s eyes view on the tarmac and airport grounds. The club features a private terrace overlooking the concourse and runway.
The Sky Club and rival United Club are virtually mirrors of each other — at the top of the escalator, make a right into the Sky Club; the United Club is located on the opposite side of the mezzanine to the left.
Delta Sky Club SAN design
The Sky Club features Delta’s trademark modern club design featuring angular lines, bold colors, modern furniture, and photos from the air that showcase the geometry of our planet.
While we find Delta’s design occasionally a bit cold and borderline industrial, the décor works well at the San Diego location: the white tones fit well with the abundant sunlight, and Delta has favored calmer blues in lieu of the red surfaces that are the hallmark of some of their other clubs. Bathed in sunlight and relatively quiet due to Delta’s limited service out of San Diego, the lounge feels pristine and inviting.
Behind the reception desk is a traditional carpeted lounge area, with rows of comfortable seats outfitted with shoulder level power outlets and individual side tables. The area might feel a little cramped, and doesn’t feature Delta’s traditional private cube chairs – indeed, the lounge is on the small side and the airline has maximized seating in the main area, though there’s plenty of private spots on the terrace.
Adjacent is the buffet and bar area, which is furnished with dining and cocktail tables. The space is cozy and comfortable, with a plush bench running along the wall opposite the bar. The area benefits from plenty of daylight and feels vibrant and dynamic despite its somewhat small footprint.
The adjacent terrace is the highlight of the club. The “outdoor” space — effectively an open portion of the indoor mezzanine — overlooks the concourse below and tarmac ahead. It has a true relaxed but vibrant Californian vibe and is outfitted with gorgeous black tile that contrasts with Delta’s signature blue on the wall. The terrace is furnished with rocking chairs which provide plenty of privacy in a pretty unique setting. While the noise of the concourse bleeds in, the terrace is our favorite spot, and a great place to relax and enjoy a (complimentary) drink or two. There’s even power outlets on the ground, so you can enjoy the unique environment while catching up on work.
Walk all the way to the back of the terrace and you’ll find a business center as well as the bathrooms. The layout feels a bit convoluted, but it’s a smart use of the space.
Delta Sky Club SAN amenities
The Delta Sky Club features a substantial selection of complimentary food and drinks – Delta’s offer in this regard is typically strong, and a notch above over other US airlines. At breakfast time cereal, yoghurt and pastries are available, while snacks, soups, salads and sweets are available throughout the day. The combination of hearty salads and soups works as a substitute for a light meal, and unlike some other airlines, Delta manages to keep their food serving areas pristine and promptly replenished throughout the day.
A fancy digital Starbucks espresso machine concocts a variety of caffeinated drinks, and a selection of syrups is readily available for your sugar needs. Soda, beer on tap and house wine and spirits are complimentary at the bar, while premium drinks come at a cost. When we visited, the bar staff was especially friendly, going as far as setting up an impromptu wine tasting for us. For the more health minded, a selection of infused waters is available on the terrace.
The gorgeous business center, located at the back of the terrace, offers three small work cubicles, high-top seating with power outlets, a wireless printer, and a shredder.
The Sky Club doesn’t have showers, which makes sense given that the location only serves domestic flights. However, patrons who access the club with an American Express Platinum card may use the shower at the Airspace Lounge, a dozen gates away, which also welcomes Platinum card holders.
Delta Sky Club SAN bottom line
The Delta Sky Club at San Diego airport is a pristine and modern lounge with a vibrant environment, inspiring views and good service. The club delivers on all the essentials, with power outlets at every seat, a substantial food selection, and comfortable and private seating. Considering that San Diego is a secondary city in Delta’s network, the Sky Club beats our expectations – it’s a great place to relax and get work done, and one of Delta’s more enjoyable lounges.Food & Beverages
The Sky Club offers a complimentary selection of breakfast options, snacks, soups and salads, and basic alcoholic drinks. See the full menu at delta.com.
- Locally sourced bagels.
- Honey wheat English muffin, English muffin.
- Mini muffins: banana, blueberry, chocolate chip.
- Spreads: Orange marmalade, grape jam, strawberry preserves, cream cheese, margarine spread, butter, honey, peanut butter.
- Cereals: Raisin Bran®, Cheerios®, Corn Flakes®, granola; skim and 2% milk; oatmeal.
- Fruit: Apples, oranges, bananas, fruit salad.
- Strawberry and honey vanilla yogurt.
- Hard boiled eggs.
Lunch and dinner
- Bar snacks: pretzel mix, nut mix, mixed raisins, popcorn, olives (country olive mix, Mediterranean meze & Nicoise.)
- Marinated mushrooms.
- Crackers and dips: Tomato basil flatbread crackers, classic hummus, olive tapenade, garlic & herb spread, peppercorn parmesan spread.
- Veggies and dips: carrots, celery, broccoli, pepper strips, ranch vegetable dip.
- Fruit: Apples, oranges, bananas.
- Soups: tomato and garden vegetable, Italian wedding.
- Salads: lettuce spring mix, chicken with cranberry & pecan, balsamic dressing, ranch dressing.
- Desserts: assorted cheesecakes, dark chocolate chunk and raisin oatmeal cookies.
- House beer, wine and spirits.
- Baileys Irish cream.
- Coffee, espresso, tea.
You may have access to Delta Sky Club as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any SkyTeam member airline.
Aeroflot (SU) Aerolineas Argentinas (AR) Aeromexico (AM) Air Europa (UX) Air France (AF) Alitalia (AZ) China Airlines (CI) China Eastern (MU) Czech Airlines (OK) Delta (DL) Garuda Indonesia (GA) KLM (KL) Kenya Airways (KQ) Korean Air (KE) MEA Middle East Airlines (ME) Saudia (SV) TAROM (RO) Vietnam Airlines (VN) Xiamen Airlines (MF)
Virgin Atlantic (VS) Virgin Australia (VA)Access rules
Delta Sky Club at San Diego, CA (SAN) welcomes:
- Delta Sky Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta or SkyTeam partners, LATAM, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Hawaiian, or WestJet (no guests)
- Delta Sky Club one-day pass holders departing on a same-day Delta flight (no guests)
- Delta One passengers departing on a same-day international flight or connecting to/from an international flight ticketed in Delta One (excluding travel to/from the Caribbean, Guam, Palau and Saipan) (no guests)
- Delta One passengers departing on a same-day domestic flight (no guests)
- International First and Business Class passengers departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member (no guests)
- SkyTeam Elite Plus members departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Virgin Australia Velocity Platinum and Gold members departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta or Virgin Australia (+1 guest)
- Virgin Australia Business Class passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests)
- American Express Platinum and Centurion Card® members departing or arriving on a same-day Delta flight (+2 guests at an additional fee)
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Credit Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta (+2 guests at $39/person)
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express Credit Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta, for $39 per person (+2 guests at $39/person)
- Delta SkyMiles Diners Club Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta (+2 guests, maximum 3 visits/year)
- Delta SkyMiles TRUST CLUB Platinum Visa Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta or SkyTeam partners, LATAM, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Hawaiian, or WestJet (+2 guests, maximum 6 visits/year)
- Delta SkyMiles TRUST CLUB Gold Visa Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta or SkyTeam partners, LATAM, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Hawaiian, or WestJet (+2 guests, maximum 3 visits/year)
- Members with an Executive membership may access Delta Sky Club with up to 2 guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 years of age) at no cost, and bring up to two additional guests for $39 per guest per Club visit.
- Members with an Individual Membership may access Delta Sky Club with up to 2 guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 years of age) for $39 per guest per club visit.
- Guests must be traveling on any flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Member must remain with the guests at all times during the visit.
- Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and not on arrival, unless you are connecting to a domestic flight or other qualifying international flight.
Cards acceptedBlogsFoursquare4f5b0268e4b053fd6754bb29Yelp4.0Based on 61 ReviewsJoseph Y.2019-07-01 06:44:15While this Delta Airline Sky Club is small, it does provide a decent amount of food and a good view to watch the planes take off. For breakfast, the oatmeal...Cody M.2019-06-26 05:41:07Great lounge when it isn't busy. Yes, it's pretty small, but the views of the tarmac are great, even though it's not technically up against the windows....Shalini G.2019-04-30 08:52:42LOVE THE DELTA SKY CLUB! i usually fly southwest so i'm stuck going to the other lounge...which is not all that amazing...but better than sitting at the...Cassie M.2018-07-19 12:05:24A standard Delta Sky Club, smaller than most. The bar is stocked with all the standard drinks, the cappuccino maker is the same as always, the water is...Trish S.2018-07-14 12:38:19This is my favorite lounge at the SD airport. It's well kept and clean, the food and drink offerings are above standard and the service is truly...Wendy R.2018-03-12 15:58:35Had the opportunity to visit today with two of my staff. While the club was clean and bright, I was truly disappointed to be told that Sculpin on tap was...CommentsPhotos
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Map & Directions
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.