- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soups
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Premium drinks for sale
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Delta Sky Club SFO design
The Sky Club is located on a mezzanine level above the concourse. Enter near gate C3. Friendly and courteous agents will greet you and give you an overview of the facilities with visible and justified pride. Then, climb up the stairs or catch the elevator and you’ll reach a modern, snazzy and spacious customer service area with designer seats.
But it’s the view that strikes you. The luminous and airy space. The high ceilings. The pristine décor. The serenity. Indeed, the Sky Club benefits from a prime location with soaring ceilings and a long window wall that offers a sweeping 180 degree view of the tarmac and a unique vantage point on the brand new control tower.
For their San Francisco Sky Club, Delta has chosen to depart from their traditional design, which while modern often feels somewhat sterile. The initiative is a success: the simplistic décor boasts clean lines and predominantly white tones that contrast with colorful furniture. Elegant and lightweight partitions break up the space. The vibrant ambient light unifies all elements: the space is filled with California sunshine, and at dusk smart LED lighting takes over (the facility is Delta’s first Gold LEED certified lounge), giving the club a soothing vibe.
Selected art dots the lounge: pick up a flyer by the entrance or in the hallway that leads to the bathrooms for details on the various works.
The club is large — surprisingly so, in fact, for San Francisco, which is a secondary market for Delta in a region heavily dominated by United. You will be guaranteed calm and privacy even at peak times.
The seating area offers chairs with individual side tables, a social area with coffee tables, high shared communal tables ideal for laptop users, and high backed chairs for increased privacy — a new interpretation of Delta’s traditional cube chair. Power outlets are built in virtually every surface: in the side tables, under the coffee tables, and in the ground.
The visually striking bar is one of the center pieces of the design. The backlit shelves change colors throughout the day, creating a dynamic and vibrant mood. No detail was overlooked: wine coolers keep bottles at the perfect temperature, and power outlets are available below the counter. With light background music playing, the bar area is a pleasant space to relax and gaze at airplanes.
Beyond the bar lies a large, posh dining area, with a grand collage depicting San Francisco in the background. Each table comes with a small planter, elegant salt and pepper shakers, and either a traditional leather bound menu or an iPad advertising the amenities and menu items. With plenty of space to walk around, the area is peaceful and relaxing; a great place to socialize.
Delta Sky Club SFO amenities
The buffet features a noteworthy selection of snacks, salads, soups, hot entrees, and attractive desserts, all beautifully presented in elegant dishes including Le Creuset pots. The staff meticulously keeps the serving area spotless and promptly replenishes and refreshes the dishes. Simply put, this is the best complimentary selection we’ve ever experienced at a domestic lounge run by a legacy carrier. Forget the pretzel mix — patrons may truly enjoy a real meal on the ground.
Complimentary drinks include soda, red and white wine, local beer, and basic liquor. There is also flavored water, ice tea, as well as a fancy Starbucks machine with a digital screen and an assortment of syrups. Premium drinks are available from the bar. Our favorite? Real, fresh orange juice squeezed just for you.
Beyond the dining area is a modern business area equipped with a high communal table, small work carrousels, a shared printer, and a smart feature: a shredder. Again the pristine and bright space adorned by orchids is a welcome departure from the traditional drab business centers.
In the very back a hallway leads to the bathrooms and shower suites, which are both pleasantly designed. The bathrooms retain the traditional red touches familiar to Delta Sky Club patrons, but with designer sinks, fresh flowers and elegant finishes that give the facilities a luxurious vibe.
The showers are an unexpected highlight. The small vestibule sets the tone, with a design straight out of a spa, complete with meticulously rolled fresh towels carefully arranged on a wooden shelves with orchids. The two humongous shower suites are equipped with a spacious changing area, toilet, and rain shower. But it’s the small details that stand out, such as the beautifully displayed towels tied up in a bundle next to a selection of Isaac Mizrahi bath products. With only two shower suites, you might want to inquire early should there be a waitlist. But the facilities are truly first class worthy.
Other amenities include newspapers and magazines and a small library with books to read on site.
Delta Sky Club SFO bottom line
Overall, the new Delta Sky Club at San Francisco International airport is a sumptuous lounge which truly raises the bar. What makes the dimensions, design and breath of amenities of the lounge so noteworthy is that the club serves exclusively domestic passengers. Delta is seriously stepping up its game in the Bay area in an attempt to lure more passengers to its transcontinental services to New York JFK and Atlanta, as well as flights to Detroit, Honolulu, Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Salt Lake City and Seattle. And it may very well work — Delta beats United by leaps and bounds on their own turf.
For information on possible alternatives, other lounges at SFO and rankings, check out our Definitive Guide to the SFO Lounge Scene.
Delta Sky Club at San Francisco, CA (SFO) welcomes:
- Delta Sky Club members departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta or SkyTeam partners, LATAM, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Hawaiian, or WestJet (no guests)
- Delta One passengers departing on a same-day international flight or connecting to/from an international flight ticketed in Delta One (excluding travel to/from the Caribbean, Guam, Palau and Saipan) (no guests)
- Delta One passengers departing on a same-day domestic flight (no guests)
- International First and Business Class passengers departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member (no guests)
- SkyTeam Elite Plus members departing on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member, in any class of service (+1 guest)
- Virgin Australia Velocity Platinum and Gold members departing on a same-day international flight operated by Delta or Virgin Australia (+1 guest)
- Virgin Australia Business Class passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests)
- American Express Platinum and Centurion Card® members departing or arriving on a same-day Delta flight (+2 guests at an additional fee)
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Credit Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta (+2 guests at $39/person)
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express Credit Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta, for $39 per person (+2 guests at $39/person)
- Delta SkyMiles Diners Club Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta (+2 guests, maximum 3 visits/year)
- Delta SkyMiles TRUST CLUB Platinum Visa Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta or SkyTeam partners, LATAM, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Hawaiian, or WestJet (+2 guests, maximum 6 visits/year)
- Delta SkyMiles TRUST CLUB Gold Visa Card holders departing on a same-day flight operated by Delta or SkyTeam partners, LATAM, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Hawaiian, or WestJet (+2 guests, maximum 3 visits/year)
- Members with an Executive membership may access Delta Sky Club with up to 2 guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 years of age) at no cost, and bring up to two additional guests for $39 per guest per Club visit.
- Members with an Individual Membership may access Delta Sky Club with up to 2 guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 years of age) for $39 per guest per club visit.
- Guests must be traveling on any flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Member must remain with the guests at all times during the visit.
- Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and not on arrival, unless you are connecting to a domestic flight or other qualifying international flight.
When flying Delta
You may have access to Delta Sky Club as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following SkyTeam member airlines only.
|Aerolineas Argentinas (AR)||Aeromexico (AM)||Air Europa (UX)|
|Air France (AF)||China Airlines (CI)||China Eastern (MU)|
|Czech Airlines (OK)||Delta (DL)||Garuda Indonesia (GA)|
|ITA Airways (AZ)||KLM (KL)||Kenya Airways (KQ)|
|Korean Air (KE)||MEA Middle East Airlines (ME)||Saudia (SV)|
|TAROM (RO)||Vietnam Airlines (VN)||Xiamen Airlines (MF)|
|LATAM Airlines Brasil (JJ)||LATAM Airlines Chile (LA)||Virgin Atlantic (VS)|
The Sky Club offers a complimentary selection of breakfast options, snacks, soups and salads, and basic alcoholic drinks. Additionally, this location offers premium drinks for sale ("THE BAR.") Selections may vary. See the full menu at delta.com.
- Locally sourced bagels.
- Honey wheat English muffin, English muffin.
- Mini muffins: banana, blueberry, chocolate chip.
- Spreads: Orange marmalade, grape jam, strawberry preserves, cream cheese, margarine spread, butter, honey, peanut butter.
- Cereals: Raisin Bran®, Cheerios®, Corn Flakes®, granola; skim and 2% milk; oatmeal.
- Fruit: Apples, oranges, bananas, fruit salad.
- Strawberry and honey vanilla yogurt.
- Hard boiled eggs.
Lunch and dinner
- Bar snacks: pretzel mix, nut mix, mixed raisins, popcorn, olives (country olive mix, Mediterranean meze & Nicoise.)
- Marinated mushrooms.
- Crackers and dips: Tomato basil flatbread crackers, classic hummus, olive tapenade, garlic & herb spread, peppercorn parmesan spread.
- Veggies and dips: carrots, celery, broccoli, pepper strips, ranch vegetable dip.
- Fruit: Apples, oranges, bananas.
- Soups: tomato and garden vegetable, Italian wedding.
- Salads: lettuce spring mix, chicken with cranberry & pecan, balsamic dressing, ranch dressing.
- Desserts: assorted cheesecakes, dark chocolate chunk and raisin oatmeal cookies.
- Soft drinks.
- Coffee, espresso, tea.
- Beer: Miller Lite, local craft.
- Red wine: Dona Paula Malbec, Trinity Oaks Pinot Noir.
- White wine: Trinity Oaks Chardonnay, Frontera Sauvignon Blanc.
- Bombay Sapphire.
- Bacardi Rum.
- Jack Daniel’s.
- Cutty Sark.
- Baileys Irish cream.
Premium drinks ("THE BAR")
- Blue Moon
- Stella Artois
- Ayinger Celebrator
- Mionetto Prosecco Brut, Italy: $7/ 28
- Taittinger Prestige Blanc, Champagne: $12 / 48
- Perrier-Jouet Champagne (half-bottle): $22
- Pinot Grigio Banfi Le Rime, Tuscany, Italy: $7 / 28
- Matua Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand: $7 / 28
- Jean-Luc Columbo Rose, Provence, France: $7 / 28
- Mer Soleil Silver Unoaked Chardonnay, Monterey, California: $ 9 / 36
- Bodegas Ramon Bilbao Rioja Crianza, Spain: $7 / 28
- Decoy by Duckhorn Pinot Noir, Sonoma, California: $8 / 32
- J. Lohr Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles, California: $ 10 /40
- Old Fashioned
- Hemingway Daiquiri
- Gin Fizz
- Bloody Mary
- Hangar One: $6
- Tito’s: $6
- Van Gogh: $6
- Hangar One Mandarin Blossom: $8
- Beluga Noble: $8
- Chopin: $8
- Belvedere: $8
- Ketel One: $8
- Grey Goose: $8
- Tanqueray 10: $6
- 50 Pound: $8
- Hendrick’s: $8
- Captain Morgan Spiced: $6
- Cabana Cachaca: $8
- Zacapa: $8
- Ron Barceló: $8
- Woodford Reserve: $6
- Jameson: $6
- Marker’s Mark: $8
- Bookers: $8
- Woodford Reserve Double Oak: $8
- Bulleit Rye: $8
- Crown Royal: $8
- Johnnie Walker Black: $8
- Glengoyne 12: $8
- Laphroaig: $8
- Macallan 12: $8
- Poppy Van Winkle: $20
- Johnnie Walker Blue: $20
- Don Julio Anejo: $8
- Casa Amigo Blanco: $8
- Herradura Reposado: $8
- Deleon Platinum: $8
- Del Maguey Vida: $8
- Courvoisier VSOP: $8
- Remy VSOP: $8
- Massenez Poire Williams: $8
- Castello Banfi Grappa di Brunello: $8
- Hennessy XO: $20
- Cointreau: $6
- Fernet Branca: $6
- Frangelico: $6
- Kalhua: $6
- Amaretto Di Saronno: $6
- Marie Brizard Crème de menthe: $6
- St. Germain Elderflower: $6
- Sambuca Romana: $6
- Campari: $6
- Grand Marnier: $8
Premium foodThis location offers Asian-inspired delicacies like pho and Thai chicken flatbread, designed by Chef Mai Pham of Lemongrass restaurant, available for purchase. See the full menu at delta.com.
4.0 / 5, based on 156 reviews