Lufthansa is one of the only two Star Alliance members that operate their own lounges at Paris Charles de Gaulle Terminal 1. Whereas most airlines use the shared Star Alliance lounge, Lufthansa actually offers two clubs: a Senator Lounge, for Miles & More Senator members and Star Alliance Gold members, complements this Business lounge. Both are located side to side in the basement level of satellite 6.
Lufthansa Business Lounge CDG design
On the plus side, the Lufthansa Business Lounge at CDG is located after security, unlike the Star Alliance lounge which is situated in the main the terminal. (Security checks are performed at the entrance of each satellite.) On the flip side, the basement location means that there are no windows and no natural light: the place can feel rather depressing. Realistically though, given the structure of Terminal 1, there was probably no alternative solution to an underground location.
The lounge features the legacy Lufthansa industrial design. Efficiency and simplicity are the key words, but the whole setup would look much better under day light.
The Business Lounge is quite spacious, considering Lufthansa’s light schedule out of Paris. Various seating arrangements are available, as well as small work cubicles, and high tables with power outlets. Elegant bathrooms are located by the reception area.
Lufthansa Business Lounge CDG amenities
The food and drink selection is limited compared to what is typically on offer at hubs such as Frankfurt or Munich, but a variety of cold and hot items is available, in addition to complimentary alcoholic drinks.
Given the fact that Charles de Gaulle airport only offers limited free Wi-Fi, the lounge access point comes in handy and makes the club a good place to work.
Lufthansa Business Lounge CDG bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Business Lounge at Paris CDG is hardly a destination, but the club is a convenient place to catch up on work and enjoy a quick snack. Passengers who prefer a more spacious lounge with showers need to ask for an invitation to the Star Alliance lounge at check-in, keeping in mind that it is located outside security and beyond passport control in the non-Schengen zone. Note that the SAS lounge in terminal 5 does not welcome Star Alliance business class passengers because of space restrictions.
You may have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
Lufthansa Business Lounge at Paris - Charles de Gaulle (CDG) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers, departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members, departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers, departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers, departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers, departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Lufthansa Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair).
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on a same-day Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight, and must leave the lounge at the same time as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Star Alliance
When flying Star Alliance. Worldwide membership only.