Exclusively reserved for passengers departing for the United States, the Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt airport by gate Z50 serves Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers, Lufthansa Frequent Travellers, as well as members of the United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge. Located at the heart of the Concourse next to the rotunda, the Business Lounge is situated above the Senator Lounge – a slightly more upper scale club for Star Alliance Gold members – with which it shares an entrance. If you don’t have access to the Senator Lounge, you may at least rejoice in the realization that the Business Lounge has bigger views!
Lufthansa Business Lounge FRA design
The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt airport by gate Z50 boasts the airline’s latest design, a product of the significant investments that have gone into the recent expansion of Terminal 1.
The design is modern, functional and casually elegant. Light colors and natural tones dominate the ensemble, with an nuances of whites and shades of beige that flow from the hardwood floors to the furniture. Indoor plants, blue carpets, and pictures of forest scenery provide a welcome hint of contrast, while a few bold touches, such as the droplet-like ceiling lights above the buffet area, draw the eye away from the slightly monotonous ensemble.
The lounge benefits from large windows, which let plenty of natural light in and reveal exciting views on the tarmac and widebody aircraft activity.
The smart furniture arrangement creates natural zones and focus points, and balances efficient space use with privacy. While the lounge is invariably busy, patrons benefit from a healthy amount of personal space, and shoulder height privacy dividers help carve out more private spaces. Numerous seating options are available, including traditional lounge chairs – most of which come with side tables with built-in Western European style power outlets – café seating, and counter-top seating. A few recliners are also available.
Lufthansa Business Lounge FRA amenities
The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt airport by gate Z50 features a range of world-class amenities.
Several buffet areas are located throughout the club, and offer an assortment of drinks, treats, and light fare. By the entrance is the main buffet, where patrons will find a wide variety of appetizers, a salad bar, cold and hot entrees, as well as desserts. The selection rotates, but expect a heavy emphasis on German fare – sausage, pretzels, potato salad – though lighter and healthier options are also available. Occasionally, food carts prepare simple cooked to order dishes such as pasta with mixed veggies. Kids benefit from their own little food stand, as part of Lufthansa’s JetFriends program, where they’ll find a fruit and snacks.
The varied drink selection includes espresso and tea, still and sparkling water, soda, fruit juices, several wine choices including sparkling wine, local beer on tap, and a generous selection of liquor and spirits.
Three Panasonic massaging chairs are available in an enclave across the main buffet. Bottled water and towels are available for your convenience. The chairs are coveted, though, and realistically unlikely to be available at peak times.
Weary travelers will enjoy the dark slumber room in the back of the lounge. Several day beds with blankets and pillows are separated by privacy dividers. Each booth comes with a side table and coat hanger. We just wish the room had a door, as noise inevitably bleeds in. Still, the availability of a napping room is an outstanding amenity.
A large business center features numerous work carrousels, some with shared computers. Adjacent are several cell phone booths – the concept is outstanding, but the lack of doors mitigates its usefulness.
Several well-appointed shower suites are available. Intelligently designed in an “S” layout, the suites include a sink, toilet, and rain shower, and come with towels and a bathmat (but no washcloth.) Amenities such as toothbrushes, razors, combs and lotion are available upon request. The shower suites are popular and there may be a wait, so inquire early; you’ll receive a buzzer that will go off when your shower is ready.
Other amenities include a wide selection of newspapers and magazines, bag lockers, a smoking room, and a WorldShop display area to browse Lufthansa’s duty-free catalog.
Lufthansa Business Lounge FRA bottom line
The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt airport by gate Z50, serving passengers departing for the US, is a comfortable and well appointed lounge with a solid range of amenities, including a few luxurious touches such as the napping room. The décor might be a bit cookie cutter, but it’s also a model of efficiency. The food and drink selection is substantial, and the staff friendly and helpful.
On the downside, the Business Lounge does get busy at peak times, and is a long walk to the furthest gates, so be sure to leave reasonably early.
You may have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
ANA (NH) Adria Airways (JP) Aegean (A3) Air Canada (AC) Air China (CA) Air India (AI) Air New Zealand (NZ) Asiana (OZ) Austrian (OS) Avianca (AV) Brussels Airlines (SN) Copa Airlines (CM) Croatia Airlines (OU) EVA Air (BR) Egyptair (MS) Ethiopian Airlines (ET) LOT Polish Airlines (LO) Lufthansa (LH) SAS (SK) SWISS (LX) Shenzhen Airlines (ZH) Singapore Airlines (SQ) South African Air (SA) TAP Air Portugal (TP) Thai Airways (TG) Turkish Airlines (TK) United (UA)
Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt - Main (FRA) welcomes:Guest policy
View detailed access rules at lufthansa.com
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers, departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members, departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers, departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Eurowings, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers, departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers, departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Lufthansa Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air India, Air Malta, Germanwings, Jetblue Airways, Luxair).
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
When flying Star Alliance
When flying Star Alliance. Worldwide membership only.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.