- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Opened in February 2017, the spacious, luminous and modern Lufthansa Lounge at Boston Logan airport replaces the former separate Business and Senator Lounges.
Located in Terminal E in a new custom-built area designed exclusively for airline clubs, the Lufthansa Lounge welcomes Business, First Class, and Star Alliance Gold passengers.
Lufthansa Lounge BOS design
The Lufthansa Lounge at Boston Logan airport benefits from a prime location on the top floor of the terminal building. Spanning across 6,700 sq.f. (630 sq.m.), the bright and expansive club sports floor-to-ceiling windows along two walls featuring panoramic views of the tarmac and Boston bay.
The space has the DNA of a Lufthansa lounge—frequent flyers will find note Lufthansa’s traditional palette of Earth tones, as well as the airline’s signature hardwood floors, ultra-functional furniture, and photos of relaxing forest scenery—but the designers have incorporated a few extras that make the club a bit less cookie-cutter than the average Lufthansa Lounge in Germany.
Near the lobby, in a nod to Boston’s passion for sports, a living-room area is furnished with an L-shaped sofa, cozy chairs, and playful little side tables surrounding a giant video wall. The informal and vibrant space is an enjoyable gathering spot to watch sports with a glass of local beer.
Adjacent is spacious and luminous adjacent dining area (the “bistro”), furnished with communal tables and booth seating.
With two window walls, the main seating area in the rear of the lounge features comfortable individual seats equipped with power outlets and USB ports, egg chairs overlooking the bay, and cozy high-backed armchairs for couples. The space is elegant and well appointed, but the lounge fills up at peak times, detracting from the otherwise serene design.
An intimate separate area is dedicated to First Class and HON Circle customers. The alcove sports floor-to-ceiling windows with prime tarmac views, and an exquisite design inspired by the Lufthansa First Class Lounges in Germany. While the space is compact, it’s typically occupied by a select few.
The Lufthansa Lounge offers the convenience of direct boarding through a dedicated jetway, so patrons don’t have to watch the time or pay attention to boarding announcements. (Note that the availability of direct boarding may depend on aircraft type and operational requirements.)
Lufthansa Lounge BOS amenities
The Lufthansa Lounge at Boston Logan airport features a range of essential amenities.
The food selection is relatively modest for an international lounge. Lufthansa offers a salad bar, hummus, soups, mini-sandwiches and cookies: the spread is enough for a substantial snack, but is no substitute for a proper meal. That’s unfortunate, as some guests may prefer to dine on the ground and thus maximize sleep on their short flight to Germany. Emirates and Virgin Atlantic offer much more substantial dining options.
First Class and HON customers enjoy a superior offering with restaurant-style a-la-carte dining in the comfort of a dedicated area.
The bar is well stocked. Lufthansa offers a wide selection of local, German, and international beers, a selection of wines, as well as a generous cocktail menu. The bartender also crafts espresso drinks.
Business amenities include work spaces with power outlets, fast Wi-Fi, and wireless printing. A selection of newspapers and magazines is also available.
Unfortunately, there are no shower facilities. As an alternative, Priority members Pass can head two levels down to The Club, a shared lounge with a shower.
Lufthansa Lounge BOS bottom line
With bright surroundings, an elegant décor, comfortable seating, substantial snacks, and handcrafted coffee, the Lufthansa Lounge at Boston Logan airport is an outstanding amenity for domestic passengers: Star Alliance Gold customers flying on United who have ample time might even consider making a detour despite the distance and inconvenience of an additional security screening.
Lufthansa’s international passengers, however, may find the club somewhat lacking. The buffet spread is heavy on comfort foods and may not be a substitute for a proper dinner for passengers who wish to skip the in-flight meal and maximize sleep on the short hop to Europe. There are no showers—an oddity for Lufthansa, who typically excels at providing shower facilities. And given its relatively small footprint, the club gets busy at peak times.
First Class and HON Circle passengers benefit from an elevated experience with a dedicated peaceful and elegantly-appointed space, an expanded menu, and service at their seat.
Lufthansa Lounge at Boston, MA - Logan International (BOS) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Miles & More Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Eurowings BEST fare passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings SMART fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on the same flight as the passenger who invited them.
When flying Star Alliance.
When flying Star Alliance.
You may have access to Lufthansa Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
4.5 / 5, based on 7 reviews