Lufthansa Senator Lounge
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Baggage storage
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
The Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Dusseldorf airport serves Miles and More Senator members as well as Star Alliance Gold passengers flying within Europe’s Schengen zone. Business class passengers who don’t hold any of the aforementioned statuses have access to the nearby Business Lounge.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge DUS design
Located on a mezzanine above the concourse area, the Senator Lounge is nestled between a staircase and a hallway. As such, it doesn’t feature direct views over the tarmac. Instead, small windows look out to the hallway, which in turn looks overlooks the airport grounds. Some daylight bleeds in, but the space is somewhat dark overall.
The lounge sports Lufthansa’s former generation design which is functional and but rather industrial looking. While the lack of sunlight accentuates the utilitarian look, the dimensions of the lounge – surprisingly large for a non-hub airport – make the space feel welcoming. Indoor plants provide a touch of freshness and color, which contrast with the otherwise bland design.
The seating area features Lufthansa’s signature deep armchairs. Every seat comes with a side table, a lamp and a power outlet. The spacious layout provides patrons with a comfortable amount of privacy. Coat hangers are located throughout.
By the reception desk is a dining area with dining tables as well as table top seating. It’s unfortunate that none of the tables in the area are outfitted with power outlets, though.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge DUS amenities
The buffet offers a selection of soft drinks and mineral water in glass bottles, espresso and tea, as well as beer on tap and a broad selection of wines (including sparkling wine), as well as liquor and spirits. The food spread includes German fare such as mini schnitzels, potato and garden salad, pasta, desserts, and fruit. Overall, the food selection at Dusseldorf airport is a bit weaker than at other Lufthansa Senator Lounge locations, yet there is still more than enough for a substantial snack or a light meal.
The elegant and spacious bathroom features separate areas separated by an automatic door. Shower suites are available, and towels and bath amenities are provided – a luxury for intra-European travel.
A spacious smoking room with table top seating is located immediately when entering, to the left.
In the back is a small business center with a number of small work cubicles outfitted with power outlets.
Other amenities include a selection of newspapers and magazines, as well as lockers in the reception area.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge DUS bottom line
Overall, the Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Dusseldorf airport is a peaceful and well-appointed lounge. While the design won’t earn any awards, the breadth of amenities is notable considering that the club is dedicated to short haul flights within the Schengen zone. The lack of views, and daylight to a certain extent, is the only lowlight of this otherwise solid lounge.
- The comfortable seats.
- The showers.
- The uninspired design.
- The lack of views and daylight.
Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Dusseldorf - International (DUS) welcomes:
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil)
- Star Alliance First Class passengers departing the same day. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Miles & More Senator members departing or arriving on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Star Alliance Gold passengers departing on the same day on a Star Alliance flight in any class of service. (Arriving passengers are not eligible unless they have an onwards connection.)
- Lufthansa and Star Alliance Business Class passengers departing on the same day on a Lufthansa or Star Alliance flight.
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher. (Purchasable lounge access is limited to the Lufthansa Business Class Lounges in Germany, the USA and at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.)
- Miles & More Frequent Traveller members departing on a same-day Lufthansa, Star Alliance or codeshare partner flight (Air Dolomiti, Air Malta, Eurowings, LATAM Brasil).
- Eurowings BEST fare passengers departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings SMART fare passengers who also hold Miles&More HON or Senator status departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- Eurowings passengers who also hold Star Alliance Gold status with United or ANA departing on a same-day flight (no guests.)
- United Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Club members departing on a Star Alliance flight (no guests.)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Star Alliance First Class passengers: one guest.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
Guests must be departing on the same flight as the passenger who invited them.
You may have access to Lufthansa Senator Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any Star Alliance member airline.
|ANA (NH)||Aegean (A3)||Air Canada (AC)|
|Air China (CA)||Air India (AI)||Air New Zealand (NZ)|
|Asiana (OZ)||Austrian (OS)||Avianca (AV)|
|Brussels Airlines (SN)||Copa Airlines (CM)||Croatia Airlines (OU)|
|EGYPTAIR (MS)||EVA Air (BR)||Ethiopian Airlines (ET)|
|LOT Polish Airlines (LO)||Lufthansa (LH)||SAS (SK)|
|SWISS (LX)||Shenzhen Airlines (ZH)||Singapore Airlines (SQ)|
|South African Airways (SA)||TAP Air Portugal (TP)||Thai Airways (TG)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||United (UA)|
3.0 / 5, based on 4 reviews
Hot food and showers – at a lounge that serves short intra-European flights. A winner.