The LuxxLounge at Frankfurt airport is an independently operated pay-in lounge located landside (outside security) right across the Sheraton hotel. While a few airlines contract the LuxxLounge for their premium passengers, most patrons tend to be visitors who purchased access or are members of a lounge access program such as Priority Pass. The LuxxLounge does not require a boarding pass for access, so it may be used as a departure or arrival facility, or even just while waiting for a friend at the airport.
LuxxLounge FRA design
Physically, the lounge is a series of long and somewhat narrow rooms in a row. Past the reception desk is a first sitting area, followed by bathrooms and showers, then a small dining area. Then comes another sitting area and finally two meeting rooms. The space is somewhat dark – while there are windows, their exposure is such that little light actually gets in. With dark wood panels and furniture and individual lamps, the design plays on this dark theme, giving the space a warm, cozy and chic, albeit somewhat bare and old-fashioned vibe.
The seats are comfortable and many come with footstools. Power outlets are available to the trained eye (not at every seat.) The first room is designated as a cell-phone free zone and is very quiet.
LuxxLounge FRA amenities
The buffet is decidedly basic, with a selection of snacks, hot dogs, and cheese cubes – we wish there was at least one healthy option. Soft drinks, beers, and bottom shelf wines and alcoholic beverages are complimentary, premium wines and Champagne may be purchased.
Two showers are available for a fee (5 euros for Priority Pass users) and, provided there isn’t much of a wait, make the LuxxLounge a convenient option for arriving passengers who wish to freshen up in the morning and do not have access to the Lufthansa Welcome Lounge.
Other amenities include complimentary magazines and a business center with work cubicles and a printer. Two conference rooms are available for a fee.
LuxxLounge FRA bottom line
Overall, the LuxxLounge at Frankfurt airport is a quiet, relaxing lounge that doubles as a convenient arrivals facility for Priority Pass members. Whether it is worth the full cost of a one-time pass or an annual subscription is however highly debatable considering the limited food offerings. Also be sure to allow plenty of time to reach your gate if you’re departing, since the central location means that the lounge is equally far from all gates, and security lines can be long.
You may have access to LuxxLounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following Star Alliance member airlines only.
Air Malta (KM) Condor (DE) El Al (LY) Tunisair (TU)
The following passengers have access:
- Pay-in customers: relax at the lounge no matter what airline you’re flying. Purchase access now in order guarantee your spot, and save time and money.
- Anyone, for a 30 euro fee. Children 2-6 years are admitted for a reduced fee starting from € 15.
- LuxxLounge members (+1 guest)
- Passengers holding an airline-issued invitation card.
- Priority Pass members (+children under 2 years, free; additional services such as showers, extra)
- Diners Club card holders.
Note: The Luxx lounge welcomes all airport visitors. A boarding pass is not required to use the facility.
Get access to LuxxLounge and 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide with Priority Pass: Save 10%!
- 3.0Based on 32 ReviewsNadia Z.2019-11-27 16:38:09One of the not so great lounges we encountered so far. Not only you have to leave the transit area to get to it (meaning you have to shlep through security...Zack G.2019-10-28 19:11:38For me, compared to waiting in an uncomfortable seat in the airport, almost any lounge with food and drinks gets a 4-5 star rating. Granted, I have Priority...Lu-Shien T.2019-10-27 10:00:06Adequate seating, basic selection of good quality. This is a great place to charge your devices and rest between flights. Not worth the cash price in my...John T.2019-07-30 23:31:00This lounge is completely worthless. It is on the wrong side of security and immigration. How can you relax and enjoy a lounge before you go through...Reta B.2018-07-27 07:55:07I think even two stars are a lot for this lounge. Definitely not worth 30 euros!! It was hot!!! I don't know if there is no a AC. Food was limited and the...Barbara P.2018-07-04 02:14:59The state of the buffet and lack of seating at 10:30 AM is #deplorable for paying 30€/person. The spot is hard to locate and requires that you re-enter the...Trushit O.2018-04-20 18:54:51The lounge is good, but like most of the other reviews, it's on the curbside so you do have to go through security afterwards. The reason for 3*, not only...