COVID-19 closure: Lufthansa Welcome Lounge is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when Lufthansa Welcome Lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- CLOSED TEMPORARILYFood:
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Air conditioning
- Baggage storage
- Clothes pressing
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
The Lufthansa Welcome lounge at Frankfurt airport is Lufthansa‘s only arrivals lounge worldwide. The Welcome Lounge offers Business and First Class customers arriving on transcontinental flights before noon the opportunity to shower and enjoy a hot breakfast on the ground ahead of their work day. Passengers may therefore skip breakfast on board to maximize sleep—an invaluable perk when travelling on painfully short flights from the East Coast of the United States.
After exiting customs, just follow the signs to Welcome Lounge. The lounge is located outside immigration and baggage claim in Concourse B, which happens to be a bit of a hike for passengers arriving from North America.
In typical Lufthansa fashion, the Welcome Lounge is a model of efficiency. The facility stretches across two levels: seating, dining, work and rest areas can be found on the ground floor, while the complete basement level is dedicated to shower rooms. Come in with your transcontinental boarding pass, and the reception staff will promptly store your large bags in a secure area behind the and issue a shower number. Make your way downstairs, pick up any amenities you require from the shower reception desk, and then walk to your assigned shower suite – an LCD screen will greet you by name!
Lufthansa Welcome Lounge FRA design
The décor is typical of former generation Lufthansa Business lounges with hardwood floors, yellow and blue seats, dark cherry wood dining tables, and table-top seating.
The space does not have windows and therefore lacks daylight. The upstairs area is also relatively compact. That said, patrons aren’t expected to stay for extended periods of time—most customers leave as soon as they’re done having breakfast and catching up on email, so the lack of daylight is hardly an issue.
Power outlets are available at every seat. The high tables in the business area feature European, UK and US plugs.
Lufthansa Welcome Lounge FRA amenities
On the lower level are 28 shower suites, surrounding an elegant reception area. Each shower room features a rain shower, toilet, sink, and a spacious changing area. Water pressure is excellent, and ventilation is mostly effective.
The showers are stocked with L’Occitane body wash and moisturizer, as well as towels and a hair dryer. Should you require additional amenities such as a toothbrush, comb, or razor, inquire with the shower reception staff.
Miles&More HON and Senator members benefit from complimentary garment pressing while they shower.
All other amenities (as well as a few additional showers) are located on the ground level.
A dark slumber room features four recliners with pillows, separated by privacy dividers – a nice amenity if you need some extra shuteye, though the seats aren’t flat and there are no power outlets in the immediate vicinity. Incidentally, the napping rooms at the newer Senator lounges (departure lounges, landside) are far nicer.
The breakfast buffet is a highlight. In addition to typical continental fare, Lufthansa offers a variety of German and international hot dishes, as well as pancakes and fried eggs cooked to order. The appetizing smell of the fresh hot pastries alone is bound to get your day off to a good start.
A testament to Lufthansa’s attention to details: outside business hours, the airline places fruit under UV lamps to ensure that it is ripe to perfection.
The drink selection includes juices, soda, espresso, and an assortment of teas. But since it’s 5pm somewhere, patrons will also find German beers and Prosecco – not exactly a typical feature of an arrivals lounge!
Other amenities include small lockers, a well-appointed smoking room with dining tables, as well as a selection of newspapers and magazines.
Lufthansa Welcome Lounge FRA bottom line
The Lufthansa Welcome Lounge (arrivals lounge) at Frankfurt airport is a model of convenience and efficiency. While a handful of airlines spruce up their arrivals lounges with token amenities such as massages or haircuts, Lufthansa focuses on the essentials that really matter to business travelers – plenty of showers, a great breakfast buffet, and touchdown space to catch up on work. We wish Lufthansa expanded the concept to their Munich hub.
Note that the Welcome Lounge is also available to connecting passengers (arriving from transcontinental flights) and offers an excellent, quieter alternative to the airside departure lounges.
You may have access to Lufthansa Welcome Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on the following Star Alliance member airlines only.
Lufthansa (LH) SWISS (LX) United (UA)
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers, departing or arriving on the same day.
- Miles & More HON Circle Members, arriving on a same-day Lufthansa or SWISS flight, or arriving on any same day Star Alliance flight and departing on a connecting Lufthansa flight on the same day.
- Miles & More Senator members arriving on a same-day Lufthansa intercontinental flight.
- Lufthansa Business Class passengers arriving on a same-day intercontinental flight (arriving in Frankfurt, or via Dusseldorf or Munich)
- Lufthansa Premium Economy passengers holding a voucher.
- Lufthansa Frequent Traveller members arriving on a same-day intercontinental flight.
- United Polaris business class passengers arriving on a same-day flight.
Note: with an exception for United, passengers arriving on non-Lufthansa or SWISS Star Alliance flights do not have access, regardless of the class of service they flew in.
- Lufthansa and SWISS First Class passengers: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More HON Circle members: one guest, plus spouse or partner, plus children under the age of 18.
- Miles & More Senator members: one guest, plus children under the age of 18.
- 3.5Based on 10 ReviewsFarah F.2019-12-24 00:07:16Wonderful lounge with friendly service and awesome snack bar! We came in around 8 am, so the lounge was pretty much empty. But even after that the lounge...Michael J.2018-07-08 11:08:18Open till 12:30pm only while the Lufthansa Chicago flights arrive at 1:50pm. Why are you offering a good product but I as a paying Lufthansa passenger...Michael J.2018-07-08 11:08:18Open till 12:30pm only while the Lufthansa Chicago flights arrive at 1:50pm. Why are you offering a good product but I as a paying Lufthansa passenger...Anne L.2014-11-09 00:31:22This place feels heavenly after a long red-eye flight. The coffee is good, the food is decent, but most important: they have excellent showers on the lower...Anne L.2014-11-09 00:31:22This place feels heavenly after a long red-eye flight. The coffee is good, the food is decent, but most important: they have excellent showers on the lower...Fran B.2014-04-01 14:44:00Smells like an ash tray. Stinks like an ashtray . Lung cancer den But it does have an USO and luggage storage I Hate smokers