COVID-19 closure: oneworld Los Angeles Lounge is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when oneworld Los Angeles Lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Complimentary full bar
- Air conditioning
- Barista coffee
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Designed and managed by Qantas in partnership with British Airways and Cathay Pacific, the oneworld Los Angeles Lounge welcomes all oneworld premium passengers departing from the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT), as well as Fiji Airways’ premium passengers. The club is located on level 5, at the top of the Time Tower.
oneworld Los Angeles Lounge LAX design
The oneworld Los Angeles Lounge wraps around an atrium adorned with a colorful arts installation. With multiple zones featuring different vibes and seating arrangements, the lounge has something for everyone, from the weary traveler to the businessperson or LA socialite.
The design achieves a balance between modernity, comfort, elegance, and convenience, with designer chairs for relaxation, high tables conducive to work, and discussion pods and nooks. Power outlets are readily available throughout.
In the bar area is a fireplace surrounded by a circular couch. While it is fake due to airport regulations, it’s easy to be fooled. In the rear are a social area and a family zone with colorful toys and kid-sized chairs.
Despite the smart layout and soothing color scheme, the oneworld Los Angeles Lounge can feel depressing due to the lack of natural light, and crowds at peak times. The atrium is the only source of daylight, and Qantas alone operates two daily A380s to Sydney and Melbourne, in addition to a Boeing 747 to Brisbane, which makes for a less-than-private experience.
oneworld Los Angeles Lounge LAX amenities
The oneworld Los Angeles Lounge offers a complete line-up of international-grade amenities.
In line with Qantas’ tradition, Australian chef Neil Perry has crafted the menu, which is prepared in an on-site kitchen. The buffet spread includes a substantial salad bar, as well as an assortment of hot entrees and desserts. In addition, at peak departure times, quirky food carts serve LA-inspired street-food such as pulled pork tacos and beef hot dogs.
Next to the fireplace is an elegant black-tiled bar, offering a self-service selection of fine wines and champagnes. At peak times, bartenders-baristas also serve cocktails and coffee concoctions.
The lounge also features nine utilitarian but functional shower suites. Maintenance seems a bit spotty—in our experience, it takes a while for water to get hot and there is little control over temperature overall.
Other amenities include a family room, a selection of newspapers and magazines, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
oneworld Los Angeles Lounge LAX bottom line
The oneworld Los Angeles Lounge is a well-appointed lounge with an elaborate design and a superior selection of food and beverages. While the space is intelligently laid-out, the club sorely lacks daylight, and fills up at peak times.
oneworld Emerald customers may use the adjacent and much more serene Qantas First Lounge, which features a complimentary full-service restaurant.
For information on other lounges at LAX, possible alternatives, and connections between terminals, check out our Definitive Guide to the LAX Lounge Scene.
The lounge offers a complimentary buffet with a selection of salads, hot and cold entrees, desserts. The following is a sample menu. Additionally, at times, food carts by the buffet serve cook-to-order LA inspired street food.
- Read and white quinoa with feta and spinach (vegetarian)
- Cauliflower, hazelnut and chickpea (vegetarian)
- Broccoli, raisin and almond with yoghurt (vegetarian)
- Spring greens (vegetarian)
- Beet, carrot, celery root, mint and cilantro (vegetarian)
- Kale and parmesan Caesar (vegetarian)
- Wedge with prosciutto, ranch and parmesan
- German potato with bacon
- Couscous with cranberry and apricot (vegetarian)
- Carrot raisin and dill
- Eggplant with balsamic and basil (vegetarian)
- Selection of hot entrees
- Blueberry cheesecake
- Bread pudding
- Key lime tart
- Mineral water
- Soft drinks
- Coffee and espresso – full barista service at the bar
- Liquor and cocktails – ask the bartender
You may have access to oneworld Los Angeles Lounge as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
|Alaska Airlines (AS)||American Airlines (AA)||British Airways (BA)|
|Cathay Pacific (CX)||Finnair (AY)||Iberia (IB)|
|Japan Airlines (JL)||Malaysia Airlines (MH)||Qantas (QF)|
|Qatar Airways (QR)||Royal Air Maroc (AT)||Royal Jordanian (RJ)|
|S7 Airlines (Siberia Airlines) (S7)||SriLankan (UL)|
|Fiji Airways (FJ)||LATAM Airlines Brasil (JJ)||LATAM Airlines Chile (LA)|
oneworld Los Angeles Lounge at Los Angeles, CA - Los Angeles International (LAX) welcomes:
- First class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Business class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members (+1 guest)
- oneworld Sapphire members (+1 guest)
- Guests must be departing on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
- American Airlines AAdvantage® members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligible for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- American Airlines Admirals Club members do not have access to this lounge unless their ticket or status qualifies.
When flying Qantas
3.5 / 5, based on 99 reviews