COVID-19 closure: Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge is temporarily closed.
Be the first to know when Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge re-opens. It's free and easy. Log in or create an account and sign up to be notified. We will monitor the status of this lounge and e-mail you when it re-opens.
- CLOSED TEMPORARILYFood:
- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary cold buffet
- Complimentary hot buffet
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
- Air conditioning
- Barista coffee
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
- Private rooms (payment required)
- Showers (payment required)
- Spa (payment required)
The Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 2 (“The Queen’s Terminal”), operated by global lounge operator Plaza Premium, offers all arriving passengers—regardless of their airline and class of service—the ability to enjoy a hot meal and a shower, for a fee. The Plaza Premium Lounge also welcomes Priority Pass members.
Arrivals lounges are especially valuable for passengers arriving early in the morning, who may maximize sleep onboard by skipping breakfast, with the promise of a hot shower and a nutritious breakfast on the ground. But with generous opening hours, a location outside security, and easy access for all visitors without a boarding pass, the Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge is also convenient for afternoon arrivals, or as an informal meeting place. Patrons may even use the club if they’re just picking up a friend, or have arrived at the airport ahead of check-in time.
As an arriving passenger, follow the signs to Terminal 2 Arrivals, pick up your bags, and go through immigration and customs. You’ll find the Plaza Premium Lounge immediately outside customs, to the left. As a visitor, go to the Arrivals level. The lounge is located to the right of the arrivals gate.
Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge LHR design
At a first glance, the Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge looks like an intimate pub, with an elaborate and cozy design which boasts high ceilings, dark wood, recessed lighting, and light background music. And indeed, should you be in the mood for a mimosa, you’re in luck—the club serves complimentary alcoholic beverages, a rarity for an Arrivals lounge.
The lounge area features a prominent bar, dining tables (complete with stools, continuing the pub analogy), and a communal table in the back with power outlets—a convenient spot to catch up on email while having breakfast. As expected from Plaza Premium, the club is dim. We appreciate the sophisticated décor, but find it unnecessarily dark—a brighter space may be more effective in helping patrons start their day.
At over 3,400 square feet, the Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow airport is far more spacious than it appears. A substantial portion of the space is dedicated to shower suites, as well as relaxation rooms and massage rooms, which are accessed through a discreet door behind the reception desk.
Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge LHR amenities
The showers are naturally the main draw of the lounge. They’re elegant and yet surprisingly modest. Decked in green tile, the small rooms come with a sink, a toilet, and a shower. The essentials are provided—towels, wall-mounted soap and shampoo dispensers, comb and toothbrush—though the showers are relatively basic. There are no tissues, nor washcloths (which is the norm in the UK.) Our main pet peeve is the poor ventilation—the rooms can get stuffy.
Patrons who would like to indulge may request a spa treatment featuring organic products by British brand Ila. In a smart twist, the massage rooms convert to private day rooms suitable for sleeping.
The breakfast selection at the Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow airport includes both continental and hot options. While most continental fare is available for self-service, hot food must be ordered from the bartender, who doubles as a barista. While a full buffet setup would have been much more convenient, patrons are welcome to request seconds and the staff is quick to help. A broad selection of drinks, including alcoholic beverages, is also available.
Other amenities include complimentary Wi-Fi, international newspapers and magazines, and flight departure and arrival monitors.
All services are a-la-carte. The default package (which is offered to members of lounge networks such as Priority Pass) includes a shower and breakfast, while massages and private rooms can be purchased as add-ons. A shower-only option (without breakfast) is also available.
Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge LHR bottom line
We’re thrilled to see a pay-in arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, and especially one that’s open all day. The Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 2 boasts an elaborate décor, relaxing showers and a good breakfast selection. While the amenities aren’t luxurious, they certainly meet all needs.
Note that United, Air Canada and South African premium passengers have access to the United Arrivals Lounge next door, where they may enjoy fancier shower suites and an expanded breakfast selection including cooked-to-order food. But for everybody else, as well as anybody who’d like to indulge in an adult beverage, the Plaza Premium lounge is a treat. The Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge is an outstanding value for Priority Pass members.
The Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge is accessible from all terminals, but travel times can be considerable—such is the nature of London Heathrow.
Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge at London - Heathrow (LHR) welcomes:
- 4.5Based on 35 ReviewsAndreas K.2019-12-22 15:19:04The Plaza Premium Lounge in Terminal 2 seemed better than previously the Aspire Lounge in Terminal 5. It was more spacious and more comfortable seats, but...Scott E.2019-10-23 10:03:09This is one of the lounges where you think, ahhhh Priority Pass was worth it. Unfortunately in the states I don't often have this experience, but...Trixie N.2019-09-26 12:18:28Within the business of Heathrow Airport there is Plaza Premium Lounge. As you know, I am an airport lounge fiend and live in them prior to plane departure....Stephen P.2019-07-28 02:25:06Very good priority pass lounge. Big space but divided to make it feel not just like a waiting room, with a variety of seating and nice understated...Kanchan B.2019-04-18 08:37:28My brother has Priority Pass via his Amex Card, and so he was able to get our group of 4 into this lounge to chill out before our plane's departure time to...Mindy T.2019-01-08 21:14:21My absolute favorite airport lounge. At Heathrow, there's actually an arrival lounge and a departure lounge. The arrival lounge is very small and more...Kelly D.2018-06-17 05:31:50Great place to rest and grab a good meal, drink or snack. Ample seating and clean facilities. Spa and showers if you need. Have to possess certain club...Therese L.2017-12-31 21:18:32Good experience at this lounge. Gentleman at the reception was very polite. The interior is well decorated. I arrived very early morning and there was a...Angelina L.2017-06-16 04:36:38The arrival lounge gives you a 3 course meal, but you'll need at least an hour to spend there. The departure lounge is a buffer and the food isn't as hot...
Buy a pass and relax at Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge at London - Heathrow (LHR), no matter which airline you're flying. Book ahead to guarantee your spot and save time and money.
Please wait while we look up the best prices.4399Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge