- CLOSED TEMPORARILYFood:
- Complimentary snacks
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Complimentary house wine and beer
- Complimentary liquor
The Qantas Club at Sydney airport, located in domestic terminal 3, serves primarily Qantas Club members, as well as oneworld elites.
The lounge is located above gates 4-5, next to the more private Qantas Domestic Business Lounge which is reserved for business class passengers.
Qantas Club SYD design
Qantas operates a single Qantas Club at Sydney airport in the domestic terminal, and it’s therefore humongous. The expansive space boasts three window walls, with views of the tarmac in virtually every direction. The lounge is occasionally uncomfortably bright as none of the windows have blinds.
The lion’s share of the club is a large open area, with a dining zone in the center and open seating at the periphery. The décor is more efficient than attractive: Qantas’ signature red chairs break the monotony of hardwood floors, wood panels, and white marble.
The space was clearly designed to fit and churn as many passengers as possible, and not to foster an intimate ambiance. That said, there are a handful of slightly more secluded zones towards both ends of the club (left and right when entering.) Passengers tend to congregate in the center, so consider walking a bit further to find quieter surroundings—even if that means a longer walk to the hot buffet (drinks and snacks are available throughout the club.)
The lounge features a large array of seating options. There are traditional seats by the windows with coffee tables, booths with dining tables, stools by the left window wall when entering, large communal tables facing an oversized TV screen adjacent to the dining area, cocktail tables by the bar, and playful furniture with interesting angles to the right when entering. Unfortunately, power outlets are lacking in the main seating areas and can only be found along the walls.
Overall, the décor of the Qantas Club at Sydney airport fails to impress, but the lounge is so spacious that it never feels excessively crowded, despite the sheer number of patrons. Secluded seats are available to the trained eye.
Qantas Club SYD amenities
For a domestic lounge, the Qantas Club at Sydney airport features a strong line up of amenities.
Drinks, espresso, tea, and snacks are available throughout the club. At the center is a buffet around a kitchen area.
Breakfast is a highlight. A full selection of tasty hot items is available, but if you prefer a more interactive experience, you may use the sandwich press and grill your own selection of deli items. Qantas also offers a pancake machine—just like Alaska in the US—which “prints” two pancakes at the touch of a button, to the bewilderment of young and old alike.
Barista service is available, with several convenient ways to order online and skip the line. Place your order using one of the iPads in the lounge, and receive a SMS when your beverage is ready. Or, download the Skipp app and pre-order from your phone.
Throughout the day, a selection of salads and hot entrees is available.
At the bar is a large array of beer, wines, liquor and spirits. The bartenders will craft the drink of your choice.
The Qantas Club has a few showers. While the facilities are basic and unstaffed—towels are available at the reception desk, the showers are not cleaned in between each use, and patrons line up waiting for their turn—they’re still in high demand especially in the morning, so allocate ample time if you need them.
The adjacent bathrooms could also benefit from a refurbishment.
A business center area features work carrousels with power outlets, as well as several printers and Mac computers.
An area of the lounge is dedicated to kids, with fun furniture, toys, and treats. Keeping in line with the open design, though, the space is not enclosed, which partially defeats the purpose of a family area.
Other amenities include a press kiosk (an outside vendor, with worldwide titles for sale), as well as a complimentary selection of newspapers and magazines.
Qantas Club SYD bottom line
The Qantas Club at Sydney airport is a fantastic lounge for domestic passengers, with plenty of space to sit, and a full range of amenities including barista service, showers, hot meals, and a kids room. On the flip side, the club is so large that the space feels impersonal, some areas are often crowded and noisy, and there are virtually no private spaces.
Business Class passengers benefit from a more private and upper scale lounge, the Qantas Business Lounge, immediately adjacent to the Qantas Club. For Qantas Club members and frequent flyers, the Qantas Club offers a healthy array of amenities and services.Food & Beverages
The following is a sample selection. All food and beverages are complimentary.
- Hard boiled eggs and baked eggs
- Seasoned sweet potato fries
- Mini meat pies
You may have access to Qantas Club as a premium customer of one of the following airlines, or as an elite member of their frequent flyer program. Check the Access rules tab for more details.
Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
American Airlines (AA) British Airways (BA) Cathay Dragon (KA) Cathay Pacific (CX) Finnair (AY) Iberia (IB) Japan Airlines (JL) LATAM Airlines Brasil (JJ) LATAM Airlines Chile (LA) Malaysia Airlines (MH) Qantas (QF) Qatar Airways (QR) Royal Air Maroc (AT) Royal Jordanian (RJ) S7 Airlines (Siberia Airlines) (S7) SriLankan (UL)Access rules
Qantas Club at Sydney (SYD) welcomes:
- Qantas and Emirates First Class passengers connecting to/from a same-day Qantas or Emirates flight (+1 guest)
- Qantas and Emirates Business Class passengers connecting to/from a same-day Qantas or Emirates international flight
- Qantas and Emirates Business Class passengers connecting to/from a same-day Qantas or Emirates international flight (+1 guest for Qantas customers)
- Qantas and Emirates Business Class passengers departing on a same-day Qantas or Emirates domestic flight (+1 guest for Qantas customers)
- Qantas Platinum One and Platinum Frequent Flyer members travelling on any same-day Qantas, Emirates, Jetstar, China Eastern, or oneworld flight (+2 guests)
- Qantas Gold Frequent Flyer members departing on a same-day Qantas, Emirates, Jetstar, China Eastern, or oneworld marketed and operated flight (+1 guest)
- Qantas Club members departing on a same-day Qantas or Jetstar Airlines flight (+1 guest)
- Qantas Club Annual Guest Card holders departing on a same-day Qantas or Jetstar Airlines flight (+1 guest)
- Emirates Platinum and Gold Skyward members departing on a same-day Qantas or Emirates flight, excluding flights to the Americas and South Africa (+1 guest)
- First class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (+1 guest)
- Business class passengers departing on a same-day flight operated by a oneworld airline (no guests)
- oneworld Emerald members (+1 guest)
- oneworld Sapphire members (+1 guest)
- Alaska Lounge members departing on a same-day flight operated by Qantas.
- Alaska MVP Gold members departing on a same-day flight operated by Qantas.
- Alaska MVP Gold 75K members departing on a same-day flight operated by Qantas.
- For connecting passengers, lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
- American Airlines Admirals Club members do not have access unless their ticket or status qualifies.
When departing on an American Airlines operated flight or an American marketed flight operated by Qantas
When flying QantasFoursquare4bab01a4f964a52090913ae3Yelp3.5Based on 20 ReviewsDavid D.2019-06-16 03:47:54What are we reviewing the Qantas lounge or Bus lounge ? Both are over crowded with overweight middle aged blokes in suits who all think they are very...Dione D.2018-12-29 12:30:34Good place to spend some time before a flight - this lounge actually makes me want to get to the airport early! The lounge is massive, so I imagine even...Paul R.2018-06-06 15:13:40I'll tell you the check-in service was so terrible the young lady white Tall Blond English was so very rude that we wanted to just leave and not even bother...Andy N.2016-11-03 07:01:00Qantas has created a fabulous domestic lounge experience- one that exceeds that of a majority of the lounges I've seen here in the States. Fortunately,...Mela S.2015-10-10 16:18:18I'm always paranoid about missing flights so I tend to check in early, even if it's a domestic flight. It's always good to relax here, though. I always...CommentsPhotos
- Air conditioning
- Flight information monitors
- Newspapers and magazines
Map & Directions
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.